Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm a simple man: less lag than that from other years' is all I want.

I'm a realistic man: I won't get what I want.
    Last edited by Memnir; 09-09-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

More festive bonus augments, esp. festive charisma (charisma Casters need love too ;-) ) , wouldn't mind festive STR DEX CON either obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    I wasn't active during the last years - has it really changed that much ?
    Total change over. The Public Instances based on a set level range is gone. Now it's more like a quest / challenge; you still pick a level range you want to compete in but once in it's either only you or your group in the instance.

The MOB's are set in different places around the graveyard (i.e. a group just inside to the right front past the pond). Usually there's 5 or 6 in each group and you just go from one group to the next killing them.

Once you've finished all the MOB's there's a final boss to beat and then you get a key and xp.

The key you get (and farm from the MOB's) let's you enter different 'spooky' dungeons that are located in one of the crypts in the graveyard (you can also go directly to the crypt from outside the main gate).

It's no longer a community event like Smuggler's Rest / Crystal Cove.
    Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf - Khyber

Well in addition to this:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...19-Suggestions

Hmmm...

I still think Night Revels would be the best place for a Succubus style sentient gem because according to Eberron lore succubi come from the plane of Mabar. I'm sure its too late for this year but I have mentioned the idea before. Of course I still want a pirate sentient gem to show up in CC, voiced as close to Hatchet-face Ned as possible.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Maybe there should be a special item to commemorate the first (of hopefully many) Hardcore League event, somehow related to death or permadeath.

A new sentient gem based on some undead creature would be awesome.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    A spooky server merge.
    With half the players' stuff disappearing. That truly would be scary.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    I want the public slayer instance of the graveyard back, if I had to pick 1 thing. The private instances, while I understand they did this due to lag issues, just lose the community feel the event had in the past. Wish they could find a way to make it work without having to resort to private instances.
    While I enjoyed getting a raid group together and having fun in a big group, it's not worth the griefing. Nothing shows the worst in players more than public areas competing for spawns. I love the instanced option. I would be fine if there were both and take your choice.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    While I enjoyed getting a raid group together and having fun in a big group, it's not worth the griefing. Nothing shows the worst in players more than public areas competing for spawns. I love the instanced option. I would be fine if there were both and take your choice.
    Agreed. And the lag we used to encounter in NR public instance was some of the longest lasting lag I’ve ever encountered. You could be lag-locked for like 10 minutes straight sometimes. Not worth it.

The dragon name to get inside my monster manual.

Quote Originally Posted by byzantinebob View Post
    A sentient jewel that is a raspy undead voice taking pleasure in all the killing we do.
    omg yes signed please please (skecksie voice) PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    A new sentient gem based on some undead creature would be awesome.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

A spooky sentient gem would actually be great. Maybe the voice of Count Chocula egging us on while we fight the undead.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    An ML 20 non-repeating 19-20/x3 crit profile light crossbow with blunted ammunition and Ghostbane. Or better yet, slashing ammunition.
    Actually, why not make this item into a quiver? i.e. a quiver that gives Incorporeal Bane blunted ammunitions. That way, it does not only benefit inquisitives.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

A new dungeon based on Arachnophobia (with the same failure conditions) - watch those AoE hogs and machine gunners cry!

Or "Korthos Revisited" - a necromancer has once again taken over Heyton's Rest. With a mini-boss in each of the crest rooms and a big boss in the final room.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    Total change over. The Public Instances based on a set level range is gone. Now it's more like a quest / challenge; you still pick a level range you want to compete in but once in it's either only you or your group in the instance.

The MOB's are set in different places around the graveyard (i.e. a group just inside to the right front past the pond). Usually there's 5 or 6 in each group and you just go from one group to the next killing them.

Once you've finished all the MOB's there's a final boss to beat and then you get a key and xp.

The key you get (and farm from the MOB's) let's you enter different 'spooky' dungeons that are located in one of the crypts in the graveyard (you can also go directly to the crypt from outside the main gate).

It's no longer a community event like Smuggler's Rest / Crystal Cove.
    Thanks. It will be interesting for me to see that for the very first time ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    I agree. I often had that nagging feeling of "kill-stealing" back then ...

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    A new dungeon based on Arachnophobia (with the same failure conditions) - watch those AoE hogs and machine gunners cry!

Or "Korthos Revisited" - a necromancer has once again taken over Heyton's Rest. With a mini-boss in each of the crest rooms and a big boss in the final room.
    I like those ideas !
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 09-10-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post
    The missing +2 stat Auguments
    +2 Charisma augment for sure!
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

more festive augments

return of at least 1 +5tome per server per acc, ideally per char like it used to be. we are at +8 now so whats the big deal?!

Community Member

Default Kobold On Union Break

edit: sorry wrong thread, I thought it meant in general

Kobolds as a player race.

Gnome sized, with rogue and artificer perks

New Sewer Enhancement Tree. "This poo smells like Hobgoblin, +1 to spot"

With DDO audio tracks you can hotbar

"Kobold not even supposed to be here today"

"This torch smells funny"

"Ohhhh. Kobold smell a trap!"

etc.
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 09-24-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Community Member

Default When?

When does it start? I enjoyed it last year. I like that you can do a variety of different quests for different candies. I do agree that a more open graveyard for keys would be good though. So basically, I like a combo of the old and the new.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post
    The missing +2 stat Auguments
    +4 stat augs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast