Thread: Augment bag

Community Member

Default Augment bag

Does anyone know if the 500 slot augment bag that was sold as part of the Sharn pack is going to be added to the store at some point?

I made the mistake in the past of buying the largest bag that existed (which was only 80 slots for the biggest augment bag) and I don't want to make that mistake again. Unfortunately the 300 slot bag is also too small to hold everything so I don't really want to buy that one either.

Inventory management is a nightmare in this game and it doesn't help when they intentionally make bags too small so you have to upgrade them regularly (and they are bound to character so the old ones just take up more space).

Yes, it will be available sometime in September.

https://www.ddo.com/en/masterminds-sharn-faqs

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Personally, I never saw any need for an Augment bag, since I never got augments in a chest or so.
    I know I could trade in stuff in the Market Place, for example, but I don't have much gear with augment slots, either. And I'm talking about the levels below level 10.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Personally, I never saw any need for an Augment bag, since I never got augments in a chest or so.
    I know I could trade in stuff in the Market Place, for example, but I don't have much gear with augment slots, either. And I'm talking about the levels below level 10.
    I, unfortunately, threw away a ton of my low level augments once my 80 slot bag filled up before I got crafting storage. Little did I realize that skill augments are impossible to buy and have to be found. Interestingly enough, I put a master's gift augment into a crafted set of level 1 googles that I wear all the time about a year ago (when I had over 10 master's gifts) but, other than that, I have never used any augments of any kind. Every single one of my augment slots, other than said googles, is completely empty. I view augments as too rare and thus am unwilling to make a decision as to when to use them and don't want to risk having to pay real money to remove them later, so I just don't make a decision and don't use any at all.

As for augment quantity, augments drop a lot more frequently in low level content so you can actually build up a huge collection of them just by playing every quest in the game once per life (especially if you run a lot of the quests that have both a heroic and epic option at heroic levels).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    I, unfortunately, threw away a ton of my low level augments once my 80 slot bag filled up before I got crafting storage. Little did I realize that skill augments are impossible to buy and have to be found. Interestingly enough, I put a master's gift augment into a crafted set of level 1 googles that I wear all the time about a year ago (when I had over 10 master's gifts) but, other than that, I have never used any augments of any kind. Every single one of my augment slots, other than said googles, is completely empty. I view augments as too rare and thus am unwilling to make a decision as to when to use them and don't want to risk having to pay real money to remove them later, so I just don't make a decision and don't use any at all.

As for augment quantity, augments drop a lot more frequently in low level content so you can actually build up a huge collection of them just by playing every quest in the game once per life (especially if you run a lot of the quests that have both a heroic and epic option at heroic levels).
    Instead of waiting for drops, farm gianthold for giant/dragon/elf relics, and purchase the augs you want. Stats, protection, resist, shelter, spellpower, natural armor, hp, mp, resistance, proof vs poison/disease, good luck 1 and school dc augs available at ml 12/16 for cheap if you do heroic gianthold during trs. You can buy quite a few lower ml augs with mysterious remnants or turning in collectibles, and they're also really cheap for DDO points and astral shards.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Augment_Slo...sable_Augments

This bag (well the Sharn one) is bound to account where as all other bags from the store are bound to character so it may be a good idea to confirm its status BEFORE purchasing it
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 14, 36, 76. Ozzugly 41, 44, 20, 36, 102. EvilOzz 33, 38, 6, 17, 49. Ozzistheworst 31, 32, 9, 1, 14. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    Instead of waiting for drops, farm gianthold for giant/dragon/elf relics, and purchase the augs you want. Stats, protection, resist, shelter, spellpower, natural armor, hp, mp, resistance, proof vs poison/disease, good luck 1 and school dc augs available at ml 12/16 for cheap if you do heroic gianthold during trs. You can buy quite a few lower ml augs with mysterious remnants or turning in collectibles, and they're also really cheap for DDO points and astral shards.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Augment_Slo...sable_Augments
    And you can buy them from the earth elemental in the 12 for fragments too.

It seems kind of silly to me to NEVER use them. I have some slots open on gear, but for the most part I would put any level of almost anything (protection, poison resist, blindness immunity, etc...) that I found in an empty slot if it helped even the tiniest amount. I will put an off-stat, like wisdom or dex on a fighter for example, to help with saves if I cant get them any other way.

My goodness, do you realize a moderate fort gem + some of the past lives you get can give you nearly 100% fort at level 4?

I keep blindness immunity and immunity to fear on all the time after 8.

To me this seems like saying, "I just don't find armor helpful on my fighter" or "I don't really use action points".

And you don't have to pay to swap them out. Just overwrite them. I wouldn't recommend switching them out or trying to swap them around too much as you change gear. But to not use them at all?!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    It seems kind of silly to me to NEVER use them.
    What discourages me from using them is not the scarcity of the augments themselves...its the ephemeral nature of gear.

I'm not as apt to spend 20 tokens or whatever on an augment for a piece of gear I only use for 4 or 5 levels before I swap it out, and may not use it at all next life. Its a little better with Sharn gear that you can use 15-29, but I know as soon as I slot a Deathblock aug or something, they'll release an upgrade for that gear slot in the next pack ><

If every augment was available from the Remnant vendor, it might be cheap enough. If Jeweler's Kits werent so rare and expensive, it wouldnt be so permanent. If Augments were a separate channel of gear instead of being attached to items, then it'd be more broadly useful. But right now its not often worth the investment to grind out and commit the most useful augments to a piece of gear.

I never cared much for augments, they tend to be relatively weak and cheap (IG vendors).

However, filigrees is what really pushes you towards an augment back. You never know which one you will need for that other build you have in mind.

In any case, it is quite clear that they are very monetized. From bags (which with filigrees, become kind of a necessity), to the jeweler's kits, and most recently the filigree removal tools.

Those are extreme convenience things that probably make a good buck for SSG.

Master Rogue of Argonnessen Equatis's Avatar

I got the Extra Dimensional Bag (one per account) when I purchased the Sharn expansion, I don't put augments in it since I have a bank mule holding those or else I just dump them into the shared ingredients bank, But I do find it very useful to hold all those filigree that I gather running Ravenloft and Sharn quests. I have the free small ones on each toon but keep the Extra Dimensional bag in the shared bank since it's BTA not BTC as all other augment bags are and when my toons bag gets full of filigree I just transfer them to the Extra Dimensional bag in the shared bank for easier access for all my toons.. This is better then putting filigree in the shared ingredients bank since they will stack in the bag.
    The goal of an Assassin is to keep their Threat as low as possible while still keeping an aggressive posture. - teachersyn The Order of Syncleticaletica

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    I never cared much for augments, they tend to be relatively weak and cheap (IG vendors).
    All depends which ones you're referring to.

Red ones? Yeah, sub-standard for the most part, tho' it all adds up. But the others can def all be nice boosts to gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Personally, I never saw any need for an Augment bag...
    Nice to know, tho' I'm not sure how that helps this discussion.

But regardless of your personal position, consider that filigrees also go into augment bags, so anyone who owns Ravenloft/etc. may well be needing a place to store those.