Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    none of those playstyles are wrong.
    Pretty much this. Play the game you want to play. Trust me, it's more fun.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    If you’re five rooms behind the rest of the group, you’re not contributing anything to the party unless you’re doing something like breaking boxes or disabling traps for the extra xp.

Mid you’re not doing something like that, then what are you contributing if you’re that far behind the rest of the party?
    I'll keep playing solo because of comments like this one. Feel superior on your own time.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Movement speed is literally the most universal defensive stat in the game.

Speed helps you get to a deadly caster quicker to kill.

Speed helps you evade combat to quickly heal.

Speed helps you reposition mobs when you are ambushed.

Speed keeps you with the party.

Speed helps you twitch fight.

If you do not invest in at least striding on any toon you are at a huge defensive disadvantage. Even tanks get a speed buffs because it’s important to survival.
    THIS x100

Hate slow move speeds on Cleric, always invest in 30% base speed, but unless you're cruising 45% (Bard, Barbarian, Falconry) or using Monk / Barb Speed Bonus you'll always feel slow.

It's a necessity. No one wants to watch their slow toon amble languidly through a dungeon when the mobs are 20 miles away in the next county.

And for repeat runs you want to get it done, get your xp and get on to the next life. And I am PERSONALLY not that fast at leveling, regardless of my run speed.

Zerg is just a standard thing on dailies and the like.

Flower-Sniffing is more for quests with a lot of opts or bonuses, or quests that are ALREADY long and merit exploration. (Like Gwylans to get all the traps).
    I might be addicted to pack design!

Short answer:

There is

14 Heroic PLs (Soon 15)
    7 Iconics
    12 Racial
    16 Epic

The absolute shortest path you can choose requires:

1st: Racial (1.9M)
    2nd: Racial (2.85M)
    3rd: (3.8)

Doing Racials Past that is 3.8M xp per life, with no stacking. A racial Completionist costs 133.95M xp.

Adding heroics/Iconics you can at least double up, however you can only do that for 7 of the 14 classes.

This brings a grand total of 79.8M for the 1-20 Heroics, and and additional 208.95M xp for the 15-30s where you double up for a grand total of 288.75M xp for 3x heroic and iconic.

Epic adds 396M to the tally.

Alchemist will be another 11.4M

Grand total for a complete 3x all PLs (including alchemist): 830.1M xp, or, in laymans terms, almost a billion (only an ez 169.9M to round it off nice aka only 6.86 more EPLs to go)

IMO all xp should be buffed by 2-3x.

However, given their buissness model, I seriously doubt it would ever change.
    Anyone remember this? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...70-Buddy-Bonus
    Last edited by Shadow_Jumper; 09-08-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    I'll keep playing solo because of comments like this one. Feel superior on your own time.
    If I want to feel superior I’m not going to play DDO. I’m not super good at this game.

That said, what are you contributing if the rest of the party is 5 rooms ahead of you? What are you doing in the quest?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Don't do the fun wrong. Just write how you like to run in your lfm. You will find people.

Happy questing.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

I solo only and have to run fast. Can't imagine being in a state of mind that is ok with moving slowly. Not judging and don't care how you play, I just can't imagine being ok with being slow.

From my pov, it has no relation with efficiency, nor getting all pl nor such

For me it's like conparing a dynamic game with a static game, the way our toons move at base speed it's like... Slow motion, even like not moving... A turret flash game! And the perception i have is that there're lots of commands i could use (other than patiently waiting for next wave to spawn) to get the objective, whatever it is

Just an example, flower sniffing at base speed is a no-no for me, however running jumping and tumbling like a rabbit on caffeine makes me happy, switching mid air, whatever

Ofc if we ignore speed, and we have a low dps toon with high defenses against a low damage mob... There's nothing we can do, so just autoattack and go bio
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Not everyone goes fast, just everyone in PUGs and a large fraction of the overall population.

It is not surprising in the least, though, given the way the game is set up. It rewards many fast completions over slow dragged out ones, and it doesn't have enough randomization to surprise players and slow them down (not knowing what to do, first time exploration feeling).

I am surprised by the question, to be honest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123