Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by False_Gods View Post
    ...if you play the entire game calculating in the possibility of someone griefing you your not going to have a very good time.
    Maybe. But on HC at least, if you dont play that way - as you unfortunately discovered - you'll have an even worse one

Community Member

It''s a ladder competition, there are only so many rungs at the top, so you should also be on the lookout for opportunities to friendly bump other people off of it.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-07-2019 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Plus it's a ladder competition, so you should also be on the lookout for opportunities to friendly bump other people off of it.
    This just makes me double-glad I didn't sub to play with hubby on HC. That attitude sucks.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    That awkward moment when devs try to ban a griefer that's killed 20 party members and the griefer points out that he's chaotic/evil and just roleplaying to make the HC server even more realistic.
    CE for life! And, uh, death, too. :/

Quote Originally Posted by False_Gods View Post
    Was about capped to 20 on the HC server ...
    That sucks.

However, I wish I could say I was surprised. In every game I've ever played that had any way to kill other players, whether by design or 'sploit/hack, there are people who get their jollies doing just that. Hardcore servers in Diablo II were thick with em.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Trolls just want to have their fun. Sadism is a thing these days.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Bounty Hunter

I think lack of quest knowledge is more likely. I am not going for leader board position and long ago decided I wouldn’t run quests where I can get oneshotted including siege breaker
    i find there are many quests I often skip and I am much more likely to die in those on hardcore since I don’t know as well.
    Last edited by slarden; 09-07-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This just makes me double-glad I didn't sub to play with hubby on HC. That attitude sucks.
    Definitely. I always say, "Competition brings out the worst in people." There is nothing wrong with trying to beat your own record (i.e. a form of self-competition, if you will), but when people start comparing themselves to others, bad things happen. The less ways there are to compete, the better. The kill counter in the experience report is something else I would prefer didn't exist (along with any kind of leaderboard).

Community Member

OP was competing as the highest level player online not in a certain guild for space on the leader board against his group members, who are members of a certain guild.

That's a far cry from playing and having fun in hardcore casually at level 8.

Maybe it was entirely an accident!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-08-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    OP was competing as the highest level player online not in a certain guild for space on the leader board against his group members, who are members of a certain guild.

That's a far cry from playing and having fun in hardcore casually at level 8.

Maybe it was entirely an accident!
    i can't speak about OP or others in ths post but for me i have had quite a few close calls when i have been greased, and i fell into bad situation that i cheesed an escape out of the quest. i have also been healed in common area and ship and been hit by a heal/slow movement (shiradi bug).

but on the other side of the coin i have almost killed a few people when i was blowing up barrels using runearm to clear the area for safety concerns in a few quests. i did quickly heal them but i do wonder if they think i did it on purpose. which i did not.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bls904c2 View Post
    i have also been healed in common area and ship and been hit by a heal/slow movement (shiradi bug).
    It definitely sounds like people are already using this on purpose on the hardcore server to try and kill people. I hope the developers are making fixing it a top priority.

If I'm reading forums, i'm usually on the train.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    That sucks.

However, I wish I could say I was surprised. In every game I've ever played that had any way to kill other players, whether by design or 'sploit/hack, there are people who get their jollies doing just that. Hardcore servers in Diablo II were thick with em.

Yep... those people can die in a freak pencil sharpener accident.
    Took me several years to get around to registering for the forum... Don't believe the join date. I am not a new noob. I am an old noob and long time lurker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12