Default The Titan Awakens, completely, utterly, broken...

So myself and some fellow hardcore explorers/adventurers took on the mighty task of running The Titan Awakes for the first time. Even when using a guide it took several hours to get through the first part.

We got to the second part, and when we shot the laser the first few times nothing happened, so we thought "Odd, out of juice already maybe?" We tried it a few more times, and it kept happening, but there was no laser shot.

One of our members read FURTHER into this AFTER we wiped... You can't finish the raid UNLESS you glitch it with greater ruin. Idc if you have to tweak the mechanics, fix the raid.

Thank-you,
    Yokido
    Last edited by Yokido; 09-05-2019 at 08:36 PM.

First, by default, these boards are dark-grey. So, changing the color of your text to a non-bright color (for example, green) makes it VERY problematic to read. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    [color=forestgreen]You can't finish the raid UNLESS you glitch it with greater ruin.
    Simply not true afaik. No idea where you're getting this. Ran it a few weeks ago and had no problems finishing as designed. (And it shouldn't take 2 hours imo, even a first run.)

Maybe your Guide was flawed?

o https://ddowiki.com/page/The_Titan_Awakes

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    No idea where you're getting this. Ran it a few weeks ago and had no problems finishing as designed. (And it shouldn't take 2 hours imo, even a first run.)

Maybe your Guide was flawed?
    There's been trouble in Titan for a while now. Some people date it to around the time Project Nemesis (with it's own laser) came out. You may well have had a completion recently, but there have been multiple reports of the laser not firing/not counting as hitting from people who know the raid well.

See https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-be-Completed
    Don't be a figjam.

@C-Dog

Per Scortius, please see the thread linked. The raid is broken.

It was broken very consistently (as in, us trying to change variables within our control had no effect on whether the laser fired) for us, we attempted to fire the laser multiple times and nothing happened.

Had not seen that thread. Hrmmm - still, wonder how many have completed it recently and don't see a need to post. There's a diff between buggy and broken, altho' at an hour+ run time I'd not certainly be happy about the risk, admittedly.

And that still begs the question - what is this (apparently) nonsensical guide?

I just ran it. 2-man, took 20 minutes, Got the visor woot

Everything was wai

Default Enough with the green

Yoki. Please. I agree with C-Dog... stop using green.

We've asked before.
    Cannith; Ascendance: Dieshow on 131st reincarnation... (triple completionist triple epic completionist(again soon)/4x most iconic PL, 1 Scourge, 25 racial), Daisho (TR x19 sorc) Caitiri (TRx8 arti/rogue) and assorted mules and failed projects.

For you Dieshow, anything.

I work with text all day & I feel less at work when I use colors, sue me.

Titan's still borked. Devs have weighed in some, but they don't always fix that which is acknowledged, not to their discredit they fix many things on the regular... It just helps them to know the magnitude of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    UNLESS you glitch it with greater ruin.
    Well to be fair, when we go in there w/ OP toons up to cap, a common tactic is to use "Ruin" on him, and not even touch the canon.

That might be what caused the glitch? I have no clue how any of this could be related, just giving feedback.

Shame the loot suckss. No one runs it except for favor. It's definitely one of the better designed raids in the game. (But thats when you needed real trap monkeys, healer etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    Well to be fair, when we go in there w/ OP toons up to cap, a common tactic is to use "Ruin" on him, and not even touch the canon.
    Yeah, a clean alternative that I've seen is to just go in w/ an OP build (e.g. way over level) and simply kill the Titan the old fashioned way. That works too.