Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1. #1
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,310

    Default Regarding the Death Follows You feat (aka Bloody Footprints)

    Before I start some kind of extended rant, It would be good if one of the developers got mercy and tells us clearly what you do about this issue.

    My English is maybe not sufficient but what I got from the live stream today, it sounds like you have no plans to fix the issue that other players cannot see this cosmetic.
    I know this affects currently not even a hand full of players but there is still a lot of time left and I expect much more players to get to this point...

    I wonder if you have ever heard of a cosmetic item in an online game that is only visible by the owner
    That you seemingly now try to tell us this was intended is quite ludicrous.
    Why should your intention to have it only visible for the owner only apply to the Death Follows You feat and everything else is visible for others?
    Or can we now expect that also the 20 AP reaper pet is invisible for others?
    Just only because it affects maybe not many players it is not a reason to not fix this issue...
    Imagine you would have bought the season pass and the silver armor would not be visible for others...
    And then the developers tell you: sorry guys that you expected others see it, it's just some sort of strange idea of you to expect that others see your exclusive cosmetic armor.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  2. #2

    Default

    I concur. It's ridiculous to show the players a cosmetic item and then later, after they have spent resources to acquire it tell them it works differently from the way it was presented.

    I understand there are probably game engine issues and server resource considerations, but make these issues known to the players before giving them the bait and switch of a cosmetic that is invisible to everyone who looks at it.

  3. #3
    Community Member Hazelnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Canada, EST
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    I concur. It's ridiculous to show the players a cosmetic item and then later, after they have spent resources to acquire it tell them it works differently from the way it was presented.

    I understand there are probably game engine issues and server resource considerations, but make these issues known to the players before giving them the bait and switch of a cosmetic that is invisible to everyone who looks at it.
    Any chance we can get this feature added to cosmetic pets?
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

  4. #4
    Community Member Paisheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    I concur. It's ridiculous to show the players a cosmetic item and then later, after they have spent resources to acquire it tell them it works differently from the way it was presented.

    I understand there are probably game engine issues and server resource considerations, but make these issues known to the players before giving them the bait and switch of a cosmetic that is invisible to everyone who looks at it.
    If there are engine issues then at least "add" a cosmetic in addition to the personally view footprints, such as bloody boot cosmetic that others can see.

  5. #5
    Community Member Valerianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    269

    Default

    if there are engine issues then….

    come on people, snap out of it, if there are engine issue how on earth happened that an invisible cosmetic was planned, supported, developed, tested, released etc etc ?! who on earth had this inconceivable idea?! and how many people answered yeah nice let's do it instead of lol we'll keep this as a special april fool event?!

    this is just gross and ridiculous. seriously, INVISIBLE COSMETIC. what will be the reward of the next event? a sword you can't equip?


    ssg why you are always corrupting wishes? e.g. you ruin amber totally missing the point, you finally change bravery and fix destinies but you ransack opt, you have this shiny new special event and wow, you set a whole new level of player frustration. invisible cosmetic as special "reward".

    and as always, when it happens, you are silent. i don't care about it, no vip, not playing hardcore, but you should answer to OP. should we think you feel ashamed about saying " yeah invisible cosmetic totally WAI"? or what? i hope, and i think, you are planning a fix. tell the players about that, please. or is it true that there are no plans to fix?


    this kind of stuff calls for a game uninstall cause it seems that this ship has no crew. that's why i'm harsh. but i made friends in years of playing, so i'm staying and ranting about it. cosmetic not to be seen….meh….

    moreover, if i uninstall i'll miss stuff like this and the drama about it, let's be real, where do i find another game where they release invisible cosmetics or the like? nowhere!
    Last edited by Valerianus; 09-04-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    Server: Cannith

    Guild Forum: La Santa Alleanza

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Why does it matter? No cosmetic will change anyone's opinion on anybody as a player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

  7. #7
    Community Member Valerianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    Why does it matter? No cosmetic will change anyone's opinion on anybody as a player.
    you are right about opinion, sure.

    the point is that the nonsense level is over 9000.
    Server: Cannith

    Guild Forum: La Santa Alleanza

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    26

    Default

    +1 to OP

    Yeah I thought it would work like reaper wings, it would have been nice to have known before that they didn't show on other people's screens. I'd like that change because part of farming a shiny cosmetic is showing that shiny cosmetic off.

    BTW can I get a link with a timestamp to that video so I know what cordo said?

  9. #9
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    Why does it matter? No cosmetic will change anyone's opinion on anybody as a player.
    I dont see anyone who says he expects someone to change any opinion.
    I just want others to see my cosmetic and I want to see them on others.
    What your opinion is about someone who has this cosmetic is, of course, your private matter.
    That your character appears for others in the same way as for yourself ist most likely in the opinion of the overwhelming majority just natural in an MMO and demands not any additional reasoning.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  10. #10
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GordolGreydon View Post
    +1 to OP

    Yeah I thought it would work like reaper wings, it would have been nice to have known before that they didn't show on other people's screens. I'd like that change because part of farming a shiny cosmetic is showing that shiny cosmetic off.

    BTW can I get a link with a timestamp to that video so I know what cordo said?
    Watch it from here, maybe I got Cordovan wrong.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Thanks Chaka! You are right he did say that. Quite saddening really. :/

  12. #12
    Community Member Torkzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    305

    Default

    The OP has a point here. It is ludicrous for SSG to try to pretend that a cosmetic reward should not be expected to be seen by other players.

    I don't have an understanding of their code, so I can accept that they now don't want to do something that will degrade game performance for others, but it is beyond crazy that they did not figure that out *before* they picked that effect as a top level reward for the hardcore league.

    I personally didn't expect to get to that level, and I generally am not motivated by cosmetics, but I really feel for those who worked to get that reward only to get shafted.

    SSG needs to fix this. There are lots of effects that can be seen by others that might be a reasonable substitute. Heck, in the video the OP linked, several party members were using expeditious retreat, a spell that has a cosmetic effect that everyone can see. Just recolor that effect to red sparks -- it could be an alternative visual effect for the death follows you feat. It might not be quite as cool, but it would *something* that folks who earn 5000 hardcore favor could show off for their efforts.

  13. #13
    Community Member Quikster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Backwards Day in Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    7,627

    Default

    It is very telling that people asked to see this beforehand and now tho happens. Feels very disingenuous on the part of the development team (read blatantly misleading). What other cosmetics do we have that are visible only to the actual player that has them. Sure there may be a few, but who really believed this is how they would work? I know multiple people that sub’d To play HCL only.

    Now basically silence? An unofficial comment in a stream? Cmon. SSG, your communication is poor most of the time. But this is pretty all time low.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

  14. #14
    Founder Jinxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kaneohe, HI
    Posts
    16

    Angry ***?

    I 100% agree that the cosmetic should be visible to all, not just the person who owns it. Whomever at SSG thought this was going to be ok with everyone is truly a moron.

  15. #15
    Community Member FURYous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    280

    Default

    I can't believe they would do something like this. It is unbelievably difficult to live through 5000 favor to earn this reward only to find out it is invisible to everyone?

    I have put 8+ hours a day trying to obtain this "reward", now I feel as if it was a sham the whole time.

    I will quit over this. I have played this game since day one and this will be the final straw for me.

    In fact I am thinking of submitting a fraud report to my credit card company for the points I bought on this server to try and obtain something that doesn't exist.
    Last edited by FURYous; 09-04-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    Choler 30 Brd 5PLs | Enmity 30 Clr | Exasperate 30 Sor | Ferocity 30Pal 13PLs | Furyous 30Inq Heroic/Epic Completionist 82PLs | Hiddin 20Mnk 2PL | Infuryated 30War 6PL | Retributive 20Dru 2PL | Vehemence 30Rog Completionist 35PLs | Vehement 10Pal 3Mnk 1Rog | Vexate 30Wiz Heroic/Epic Completionist 49PLs | Violence 30Clr Heroic/Epic/Racial Completionist 94PLs

  16. #16
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    In fact I am thinking of submitting a fraud report to my credit card company for the points I bought on this server to try and obtain something that doesn't exist.
    Good luck with that. Seriously. Because you just described every other purchase you've made in this game that you've not had a problem with. You'd have a leg to stand on if literally no one could see them - yourself included. But, you can. They do exist - just not in the way you (and everyone not working at SSG) had preconceived notions that they would. If you can find me anyplace they said or implied everyone could see the footsteps, then I would agree you'd maybe have a little chance in hell pursuing fraud. Without it - none.


    Just for the record, I think it sucks that they are not visible to everyone. I perfectly agree they should be. But, they also never said the footprints would be seen by all. It's sucky - but it's not fraud. If you wish to try your hand at convincing anyone that it was... I truly do wish you luck tilting at that windmill.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .57194.

  17. #17
    Community Member FURYous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Good luck with that. Seriously. Because you just described every other purchase you've made in this game that you've not had a problem with. You'd have a leg to stand on if literally no one could see them - yourself included. But, you can. They do exist - just not in the way you (and everyone not working at SSG) had preconceived notions that they would. If you can find me anyplace they said or implied everyone could see the footsteps, then I would agree you'd maybe have a little chance in hell pursuing fraud. Without it - none.


    Just for the record, I think it sucks that they are not visible to everyone. I perfectly agree they should be. But, they also never said the footprints would be seen by all. It's sucky - but it's not fraud. If you wish to try your hand at convincing anyone that it was... I truly do wish you luck tilting at that windmill.
    Name one other "Cosmetic" in the game that they sell that is self only? Hence naming it a "Cosmetic" implies it will work like ALL the other cosmetics in the game.

    Seriously, if they knew it would be self only from the start, they should have made that VERY clear. I don't think there is a single person who expected this to be the very first cosmetic that no one can see.

    If cosmetics slow down the game then make them all self only, if particle effects slow down the game, get rid of the 5 billion cosmetic companions running around (quite a few of them have particle effects).
    Choler 30 Brd 5PLs | Enmity 30 Clr | Exasperate 30 Sor | Ferocity 30Pal 13PLs | Furyous 30Inq Heroic/Epic Completionist 82PLs | Hiddin 20Mnk 2PL | Infuryated 30War 6PL | Retributive 20Dru 2PL | Vehemence 30Rog Completionist 35PLs | Vehement 10Pal 3Mnk 1Rog | Vexate 30Wiz Heroic/Epic Completionist 49PLs | Violence 30Clr Heroic/Epic/Racial Completionist 94PLs

  18. #18
    Community Member Jerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    78

    Default

    I never forum post normally, but I wanted to come here and say that I was alongside a lot of these guys as they went to 5000k and I know the time and effort they put in to unlock the feet.

    I stopped @ 1750 so it doesn't effect me personally, but I'd like to see these guys get treated better.

  19. #19
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    Name one other "Cosmetic" in the game that they sell that is self only? Hence naming it a "Cosmetic" implies it will work like ALL the other cosmetics in the game.

    Seriously, if they knew it would be self only from the start, they should have made that VERY clear. I don't think there is a single person who expected this to be the very first cosmetic that no one can see.

    If cosmetics slow down the game then make them all self only, if particle effects slow down the game, get rid of the 5 billion cosmetic companions running around (quite a few of them have particle effects).
    I agree it was misleading. But misleading isn't actual fraud. I agree it's disappointing. But disappointing also isn't fraud.

    As I said, you pursue it if you want. You absolutely do you. Just don't expect the business folks (CC company) or any type of lawyer worth a damn and not just looking to milk you for fees to take it seriously.
    Last edited by Memnir; 09-05-2019 at 01:07 AM.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .57194.

  20. #20
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    Name one other "Cosmetic" in the game that they sell that is self only?

    Not a cosmetic, but the Invisible Mini Stalker (I won 1 on a gold dice roll & still have it)



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload