Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Default Fake Blood

This is really good news! That this cosmetic reward is not, well, for lack of a better word, COSMETIC! This will save me the 60 hours to grind out the last 2K favor for this imaginary reward. Now I'll just brag about having bloody boots and add it to my bio.

"Yeah man, I got the footprints, don't slip in that invisible blood!"
    The core of the server is very hard. It has a very Hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    Not a cosmetic, but the Invisible Mini Stalker (I won 1 on a gold dice roll & still have it)
    This still shows the name of the pet so you know it is there. And can't you see something when you have true seeing on?

Maybe they can put little bigsby's hands pointing to where the footprints should be saying "Invisible blood here!"
    Choler 30 Brd 5PLs | Enmity 30 Clr | Exasperate 30 Sor | Ferocity 30Pal 13PLs | Furyous 30Inq Heroic/Epic Completionist 82PLs | Hiddin 20Mnk 2PL | Infuryated 30War 6PL | Retributive 20Dru 2PL | Vehemence 30Rog Completionist 35PLs | Vehement 10Pal 3Mnk 1Rog | Vexate 30Wiz Heroic/Epic Completionist 49PLs | Violence 30Clr Heroic/Epic/Racial Completionist 94PLs

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    Watch it from here, maybe I got Cordovan wrong.
    Ooof!

Devs, a suggestion: Just make the footsteps visible for about 6 of them or so (while keeping full client side effect) that should solve server issues and hopefully make users happy
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Unhappy

Having one character parked at 20 with another hardcap at 15 with just shy of 2500 favor, this is indeed a major disappointment. Im not even sure it's worth the effort to continue grinding favor just for a spot on the leaderboards or switch my focus to RXP. Or maybe just go back to Khyber and continue the racial life grind.

This is unacceptable. It they created a cosmetic that can cause server issues so it can't be seen by others they have to change that cosmetic to something others can see. I don't know what change could be made, but they have to make some change.

Community Manager

We have been reading your feedback on this reward, and it seems likely that we would go a different route in the future. My understanding is the reason this is client-side only is due to the way it is placing objects on the ground dynamically, which is different from the way, say, creature companions and reaper wings work. We are still looking into it, though, to see what if anything we can do.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have been reading your feedback on this reward, and it seems likely that we would go a different route in the future. My understanding is the reason this is client-side only is due to the way it is placing objects on the ground dynamically, which is different from the way, say, creature companions and reaper wings work. We are still looking into it, though, to see what if anything we can do.
    The very minimum would be an glorified expeditious retreat effect or something. We know that works.

It's still very shady to know that something like this was a challenge and not tell anyone until they ground out the 5k favor without dieing.
    Choler 30 Brd 5PLs | Enmity 30 Clr | Exasperate 30 Sor | Ferocity 30Pal 13PLs | Furyous 30Inq Heroic/Epic Completionist 82PLs | Hiddin 20Mnk 2PL | Infuryated 30War 6PL | Retributive 20Dru 2PL | Vehemence 30Rog Completionist 35PLs | Vehement 10Pal 3Mnk 1Rog | Vexate 30Wiz Heroic/Epic Completionist 49PLs | Violence 30Clr Heroic/Epic/Racial Completionist 94PLs

BTW I don't really care about the running mascara, scarf or other rewards (although having two of the rewards exclusive of each other is a great joke). Anything that signifies recognition of the effort it takes to actually achieve these goals would be nice if unique

The real beef I have is with the bait and switch. it's just inherently dishonest and trying to cover it up with pathetic excuses makes it even more so.
    Last edited by FURYous; 09-19-2019 at 11:42 AM.

You know.... when you (SSG) tabled the concept, and then got the green light to go ahead with the *event*, maybe extra pizzas or doughnuts should have been made available to extend the meeting to cover these refinements.

Tough gig dealing with everything that goes into something like this. You have to have all the departments talking about all the *stuff* that needs to be covered.

Do the people in the *other* 8 cubicles (LotRO) at SSG have anything like boot cosmetics? Or something similar to the issue at hand? I ask because those other 8 cubicles gave DDO the coding for cloaks. (just sayin)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    You know.... when you (SSG) tabled the concept, and then got the green light to go ahead with the *event*, maybe extra pizzas or doughnuts should have been made available to extend the meeting to cover these refinements.

Tough gig dealing with everything that goes into something like this. You have to have all the departments talking about all the *stuff* that needs to be covered.

Do the people in the *other* 8 cubicles (LotRO) at SSG have anything like boot cosmetics? Or something similar to the issue at hand? I ask because those other 8 cubicles gave DDO the coding for cloaks. (just sayin)
    It doesn't even have to be boots, why not one of those things they gave away that float above your shoulder? or blood red ioun stone effects that spin around your head or many other possibilities, anything but another cloak.

I really like the footstep idea but if it doesn't work, don't try and sell it as WAI.

There has to be something really cool you can do instead.

I mentioned elsewhere or in this thread that one solution would be to just have a few footprints appear around the character so you get the effect but do not need to alter the landscape dynamically all over the place
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I mentioned elsewhere or in this thread that one solution would be to just have a few footprints appear around the character so you get the effect but do not need to alter the landscape dynamically all over the place

I saw a mini gelatin cube pet leaving a trail of gold sparkles. Couldn't we just have some blood splashing around just as easily. I mean, leave the footprints client-side but add a secondary effect that gives us credit for earning something that was supposed to be a cosmetic.
    The core of the server is very hard. It has a very Hardcore.

just so everybody knows, in today's livestream (9/18/19), Cordovan confirmed definitively that the 5000 hardcore league favor reward bloody footprints will not be changed to be made visible to others; it will remain client-side only.
    Last edited by Graskitch; 09-18-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    just so everybody knows, in today's livestream (9/18/19), Cordovan confirmed definitively that the 5000k hardcore league favor reward bloody footprints will not be changed to be made visible to others; it will remain client-side only.
    and that's good for ppl lag, cause if there's something DDO has is... crappy performance?

not sure what's the trouble of having a cosmetic for user only, in fact DDO would work much better if all the effects were owner-visible-only

we would be playing a whole different game, with bricks chopping mobs but so much swift that nobody would whine about lag deaths, ever
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Would having the footprints show a red coloured expeditious retreat for other players work? - ie 2x effects, on local client and on others.

Edit - damn, didnt see Graskitch's post. Ah well, hopefully something can still be done.
    Last edited by voxson5; 09-18-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Community Member

the challenge is half over and less than 50 people actually have 5000+.. are you implying that ddo's code quality is so poor this is going to result in performance issues?

imo. the bloody footprints look like amateur hour with red paint.. It's no wonder people are upset. Anyone who actually obtains 5000 favor on a single life deserves a visible sense of accomplishment that looks awesome. There are still 43 days left.. lets make it right!

Just got my 5k
    Any word on when they are fixing it? I don't mind if they need to change the effect to fix it (actually some work on the effect would be nice to make it look like cooler), but make it visible to others.

congratulations on hitting 5k!!

they are not planning to change bloody footprints (death follows you) to make it visible to others - it is going to remain client-side only.

you can see the explanation by cordovan on the livestream from 2 weeks ago at the 29:20 mark in reply to strimtom's question:

Strimtom: Are footprints from 5k favour going to be made to show on for others in the future like other cosmetics?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/483135781?t=00h29m20s

"that particular item would be exceptionally time-consuming and difficult to change"... "that said, we are aware of your feedback on it, that you are not particularly happy with it - that aspect of it, and I think the answer is we will probably not just do that kind of thing in the future if we do not have the ability to make it visible to others, we probably would just go a different route as to the kind of reward we would offer. .. but for this particular season's hardcore item, well <tsk> unfortunately we are in a position where we are kind of unable to really retroactively resolve it, so it is just going to have to be the way it was built with its technical limitations intact."

I am not transcribing that to incite a bloody riot, I just wanted everyone to be aware that ssg made their decision not to put their resources into reprogramming the feat to make it visible.

as far as I know, nothing has changed from this position since then.

wow - completely unexpected!!

from the upcoming update 43 patch 1 (which is delayed):

Hardcore League
    The Bloody Footprints cosmetic created by the Death Follows You feat now draws on other clients.
    omg - this is amazing that they took the time to program this! YAY!
    I know that the devs have other updates/content that they are working on but it is really much appreciated for those that made the achievement on the hardcore league server - thank you so much!

Community Member

Nice patch on the footprints.
    but also I hope my cloak sash becomes well with stoneskin or barkskin...
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Spellaser, Arrcous
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12