Default I used to faithfully support this game

Per my other thread (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...se-advertising) I saw the bonus points sale mentioned in DDO chronicle, and made the mistake of going to the DDO market web page to get my store points bundle, rather than clicking to buy inside the actual store. Even though the points bundles available in both places are identical (in points and price), only the one payment channel is honored when SSG does the points sale, as I was informed by SSG support. I then purchased within the store and requested a simple refund for the market purchase, but now am stonewalled by SSG support.

In retrospect now that I've had a little time to think about it, I suspect that SSG has a grandfathered agreement with Digital River by which they are obligated to continue to sell points bundles through that channel. And (again suspecting) Digital River probably takes a higher percentage than XSolla does when customers buy from within the client store page, and thus SSG refuses to honor the sale points bundle through the DR channel ... thus, essentially, punishing their customers who aren't privvy to the fact and make the mistake of buying a store points bundle through one payment channel rather than another.

Having read the small print now, I see that SSG is in fact following their stated policy. I, however, also have a policy of not giving money to a company that treats me like this, and is completely unwilling to recognize the potential confusion their customers face. I have faithfully supported Turbine, and SSG, since I started playing this game, sending hundreds of my dollars to them every year despite the fact that in recent years I play almost exclusively on a F2P account (which I find more fun and challenging), I still wanted to support the company that runs the game I love.

But, when a company is as unforgiving and unsympathetic as this, my support ends immediately.
    Last edited by Sarkastik; 09-04-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Community Member

You are aware this was a holiday weekend and it will likely take a little longer to deal with claims, right?

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    You are aware this was a holiday weekend and it will likely take a little longer to deal with claims, right?
    Possibly, and if things change then all the better and I'll happily retract my position and be a happy and faithful customer once again. However, given that the response to my first email came in less than 24 hours, and my second email has had no response in 3 business days, I think they are just ignoring my complaint and holding firm to their position. I should also point out that given their apparent rabid insistence on sticking to policy, I am fearful of waiting 'too long' or beyond the sale window to voice my complaint, lest that become another excuse for not applying common sense to the issue.
    Last edited by Sarkastik; 09-04-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkastik View Post
    Possibly, and if things change then all the better and I'll happily retract my position and be a happy and faithful customer once again. However, given that the response to my first email came in less than 24 hours, and my second email has had no response in 3 business days, I think they are just ignoring my complaint and holding firm to their position. I should also point out that given their apparent rabid insistence on sticking to policy, I am fearful of waiting 'too long' or beyond the sale window to voice my complaint, lest that become another excuse for not applying common sense to the issue.
    Before you clicked buy did you not check what you were buying? Lol. This thread belongs on Reddit talesfromretail.... The marketplace tells you exactly how many points you are getting before you click buy!!!

No one conspired against you. This was a simple mistake most folks could make.

Community Member

Default Seems like you should have been able to get a refund

What is your refund policy?
    The Standing Stone Games [ssg] store by Digital River offers a 5-day money back guarantee.
    Still more questions? Back to Main Help Page

http://store.standingstonegames.com/...eID=4823088000

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Dragonsbane View Post
    What is your refund policy?
    The Standing Stone Games [ssg] store by Digital River offers a 5-day money back guarantee.
    Still more questions? Back to Main Help Page

http://store.standingstonegames.com/...eID=4823088000
    That would be the better way I think. But maybe you are too late now.

I sympathise with the OP. Yes, he made an easy mistake but he tried to make it right and hoped for help. As many of us experienced, CS can't or won't help in a lot of cases.
    But I think it is too early to say because we know also that SSG's CS is extremely slow.

Good luck, OP!

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    That would be the better way I think. But maybe you are too late now.

I sympathise with the OP. Yes, he made an easy mistake but he tried to make it right and hoped for help. As many of us experienced, CS can't or won't help in a lot of cases.
    But I think it is too early to say because we know also that SSG's CS is extremely slow.

Good luck, OP!

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Thanks, but my hope is waning. I did request a refund per the DR policy, and within the 5 day window, however I have zero expectation that SSG will honor that either.

Do you have a ticket number?

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    Do you have a ticket number?
    97444, I sent several emails to ssg-support@standingstonegames.com re: this ticket.

edit- nevermind, we'll look into this.
    Last edited by SSG_RedPanda; 09-06-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    edit- nevermind, we'll look into this.
    AWESOME!! Thanks so much for listening, I'm a happy camper once again and my VIP is on!

You are as easy to satisfy as to anger.
    Anyway, good that this is solved.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)