Thread: Good Scimitars?

Community Member

Default Good Scimitars?

So I went and picked Undying Court for my faith, and I've got one adventure pack with a named scimitar, Ruins of Gianthold. The question is, then, is it Cruel Nobility and Royal Scimitar (ML 14)? I'm level 20, am not going into epics, and am not reincarnating. I'm fighting with a shield, too.
    (should have probably gotten Vale of Twilight...)
    ??

Thanks.
    Last edited by Goalt; 09-02-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    We only need to wait for all the 40 year olds in this game to start dying off, then it's Asheron's Call for DDO.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

The two scimitars you named are pretty old and outdated, you'd probably be better off cannith crafting something than using those.

If you don't have them already you're pretty much going to need some more packs and/or expansions to get any decent scimitars at upper heroic / lower epic levels.

The heroic scimitar from the Ravenloft expansion is easy to get and ML 10 but good enough to use all the way to 20 if necessary.

I haven't looked at the heroic sharn expanison craftable scimitars but I imagine they are ok as well and would be ML 15 for the heroic version.

Vulkoor's Edge looks pretty nice, you would need the Disciples of Rage pack for that. (Lot's of other nice items from that pack as well)

If you have the Menace of the Underdark expansion and want to get to at least level 21 there is the drow scimitar of the weaponmaster which is very nice. It also binds on equip so there is a chance you can buy on from someone.
    Last edited by Krelar; 09-02-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalt View Post
    The question is, then, is it Cruel Nobility and Royal Scimitar (ML 14)?...
    Wiki. Always the Wiki.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Scimitar -> https://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Scimitars

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    If you have the Menace of the Underdark expansion and want to get to at least level 21 there is the drow scimitar of the weaponmaster which is very nice. It also binds on equip so there is a chance you can buy on from someone.
    And if you have a sentient gem, slot it into the drow weapon before you equip it, and it will remain bound to account forever, instead of binding to character.

Community Member

Default Thanks, though.

Ah...
    well, thanks for the help, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalt View Post
    So I went and picked Undying Court for my faith, and I've got one adventure pack with a named scimitar, Ruins of Gianthold. The question is, then, is it Cruel Nobility and Royal Scimitar (ML 14)? I'm level 20, am not going into epics, and am not reincarnating. I'm fighting with a shield, too.
    (should have probably gotten Vale of Twilight...)
    ??

Thanks.
    1. In Eveningstar, you could farm the required challenge mats (daily free token) and try your luck with a lv20 cormyrian scimitar. Those also accept sentient gems.

2. Cannith crafted scimitar with red slot, preferably adamantine or silver, with good in prefix and bludgeon/pierce in suffix. Hard to find a proper base item, but very cheap to craft.
    Last edited by RAFAR; 09-08-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    + Cannith +
    + Csodaszarvas +
    + MCMLXXXVI + Ezredes + Giliszta + Halacska +