Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Here is one last no-save no-resist damage setup, for epic leveling in reaper Sharn. Collect your legendary sagas to start at level 21, then immediately go into reaper Sharn solo or grouped for RXp as well as SXp. This is slower SXp and normal XP even on only EE though due to lack of AoE. So this is if you want reaper xp, or if you run out of arcane past lives.

Move the 5 extra AP from harper over to PM for the 2-9 negative damage on hit and negative levels core. Use first harmonic chord instead of dance of flowers twist (stay frosty if you aren't epic completionist).

Feats: PBS, Rapid Reload, Rapid Shot, Precision, Precise Shot, Insightful Reflexes, Improved Critical: Ranged, Improved Precise Shot@21, Combat Archery, Adamantine, Blinding Speed, Doubleshot, Law
    Wiz Feats: Quicken Extend Eschew Materials Mental Toughnessx2 (x1 and get enlarge if you want to use sleet storm)

Here's an optimal gear list for level 20:

Oh, and slot the Stalker ring something other than natural armor (armored agility or luck) since we already have that.

Note that this is a 0 DC build. One doesn't even attempt to DC cast in legendary reaper Sharn on a level 21 wizard. There is no weak save. Autoattack does make up for this by applying stay frosty, magma slow, tendon slice, paralyzing, and knock down! Can add enlarged sleet storm to this, cast it with LGS Dust+LGS Salt equipped.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-07-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Community Member

You have to test dungeon by dungeon what feels right. Here is some of my testing on a lvl 21 wizy-inquizy.

Ruinious Schemes is too easy on R1. This is probably an R3 dungeon for leveling.

Wraithcallers is R3, now that I know to just walk inside forgewraith boss and kill him from inside out. DoT he casts that autokills you when stacked and all his attacks only attack in front of him. Picture below before I knew this, can be done in ~10 mins now.

Smash and Burn is too slow due to boss resetting when kiting adds around circle in room outside boss room, and from too high an alert due to reapers chaining mob aggro to too many mobs at once. Drop down to EE for speed and to survive on red alert, red alert sprint/invis and knock/bell last door and fight in boss room on red alert. It cuts the 23 minute run down to 8 minutes.

Thrall of the Fungus Lord is too easy on R1. Probably an R2 dungeon, since on R3 the charisma damage from mind blast 1 shot makes you helpless. If Sapphire Ring was Con +8, could slot charisma into cloak and do R3 easy.

Scavenger Hunt is too easy on R1. This is an R3 dungeon for leveling.

Edit: Security Detail is R3 now that I know to simply kill boss from inside out. Picture below before I knew this, can be done in half the time.

Roll Call is too easy on R1, due to how safe it is (mobs all lined up for IPS down pipe, and can duck into pipe to heal if you need. This is probably an R2-3 dungeon for leveling.

So ya, think about what you want out of your wizard, and go for it! In terms of working flexibility, it's a really good class you can really adapt to what you want! This chain was worth 1440 SXp and ~5k RXp! That's not a bad way to gain a level!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-18-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Community Member

Default Ahh I figured leveling out!

Ok, so this last build *can* solo level in legendary reaper Sharn. But what you really want to do for leveling is join the R5-8 legendary daily reaper pugs as a DPS. Being able to solo R1 means you will do fine in such a group, even if you are level 21. Because as cool as 800 RXp solo is, 3k grouped is better!

Tested up to Sharn R8, and can level in groups just fine! Leej is a godly tank healer, and Davlos and Adams had some beastly DCs though so it was a lot of beating on static mobs! There are no weak saves in R8 Sharn on a level 24 wizard.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-30-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Community Member

Default Taste the Rainbow!

Pale master auras apply only certain LGS effects, so coonsider:

Equipping LGS Dust/Ooze/Ice while casting Death Auras.

Doesn't Work: Affirmation, Salt, Vacuum, Shiradi (any), Arcane Warrior, Ash
    Untested: Radiance, Damage Procs

Also untested: Hellish Rebuke with LGS? May also proc empyrian? Hellish rebuke does scourge procs, so maybe empyrian as well, but doesn't do just rewards, conflagration, fanning the flames, and immolation.

Sleet Storm does LGS Salt, ash, and dust, but not affirmation or vacuum.

As per Pilgrim1, there are high level weapons with these effects, but you need the ones that say they give the effect on cast, not on hit.
    Edit: Thx Pilgrim1 for fixing! Oh, and fixed up!
    Edit2: updated for sleet storm + lgs salt.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-04-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Pale master auras now apply on-spell hit effects equipped when they were cast, so maybe consider:

Rainbow Unicorn
    1 Cast Lesser Death aura with a Hoarfrost(LGS Ice and LGS Vacuum) + LGS Dust
    2 Cast Death Aura with a LGS Ooze + LGS Ash
    3 Cast Greater Death Aura with a LGS Salt + LGS Radiance
    Tilo always playing DDO in a whole different lvl >_<
    How on earth can u have so many shinies and mats and everything?! I,'m poor so guess i' ll have to try if it works with multiproc weapons, even if they're lower lol
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Pale master auras now apply on-spell hit effects equipped when they were cast, so maybe consider:

Rainbow Unicorn
    1 Cast Lesser Death aura with a Hoarfrost(LGS Ice and LGS Vacuum) + LGS Dust
    2 Cast Death Aura with a LGS Ooze + LGS Ash
    3 Cast Greater Death Aura with a LGS Salt + LGS Radiance
    This has alwease been the case. In addition druid body of the sun and call lightning bolt have the same effect. Also archon shots can trigger it. For a racial options teiflings guard effect also triggers spell add on effects.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ier?highlight=

That is a build i made to Debuff bosses. It stacks all of the above, check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    Tilo always playing DDO in a whole different lvl >_<
    How on earth can u have so many shinies and mats and everything?! I,'m poor so guess i' ll have to try if it works with multiproc weapons, even if they're lower lol
    Keep in mind only weapons/effects that specify on spellcast will trigger these effects. And LGS. So many of he new raid weapons will not trigger them.

Community Member

Edit fixed as per Pilgrim1 and live testing.

Need to test LGS Ash and LGS Blind on Death Auras and Hellish Rebuke with LGS procs.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-24-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Community Member

Fixed up, removed arcane warrior for law dice since death auras don't charge it up.

Bumped wraithcallers and security detail to R1 @ 21 now that I know to melee range forgewraith bosses while circling them to avoid autokill DoT stack AND autokill flame thrower.

Put note on LGS testing that Ooze and Dust work on death auras. Vacuum, Salt, and Affirmation don't work. Ashe, Radiance, and other LGS effects are untested, as is LGS/Empyrian with Hellish Rebuke.

If you can test any of these it would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-07-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Pale master auras apply only certain LGS effects, so coonsider:

Equipping LGS Dust/Ooze while casting Death Auras.

Doesn't Work: Affirmation, Salt, Vacuum, Shiradi (any), Arcane Warrior
    Untested: Ashe, Radiance, Damage Procs

Also untested: Hellish Rebuke with LGS? May also proc empyrian?

As per Pilgrim1, there are high level weapons with these effects, but you need the ones that say they give the effect on cast, not on hit.
    Edit: Thx Pilgrim1 for fixing! Oh, and fixed up!
    How about heroic gs?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    How about heroic gs?
    Heroic GS doesn't have procs that work with spells.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-09-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post
    Not a complaint (not entirely, grumbly that there doesn't seem to be another equally viable option), but I observe that as I dump lots and lots of platinum into finding a workable Wizard build in Epics that Pale Master seems to be absolutely required.

Not taking Pale Master means giving up +2-3 Necro and Enchant DC, plus 4 INT in the T5 slot, plus self healing, and other really useful buffs.

There's literally no reason I can discern to spend a single point into Archmage anymore.

And then EK feels required - medium armor is the only real way for me to get to 100+ PRR/MRR, which feels necessary when I'm soloing even on Epic, let alone the newly retuned lower reaper levels (I basically can't solo on those levels).

Is anyone making the Skeleton pet really work? What are your experiences with using the SLAs? I wasn't able to make the Skellie do much, and the SLAs feel pretty good on trash and even on some bosses (low cost damage rotation), but due to immunities they often don't do me any good (constructs in Sharn, for example).

But if not Pale Master, I don't see a good committment right now. If you're EK you also really need INT to damage out of Harper, which makes it terribly hard to get a workable build that can also DC cast. I'm getting some help from Magister, with Arcane Tempest and a twist of Energy Burst being my big spell hits. It doesn't feel... I don't know... cohesive, for lack of a better word.

(also, is it WAI for Rend the Soul and Thunderbolt to be on the same cooldown?).

Anyway, this is a lot scatterbrained, but it boils down to this - are we all now sort of required to spec into Pale Master, given how much strength is loaded into that set?
    Gnome Magister with Illusion focus. Color Spray has no Spell Pen check, and works really well coupled with a melee. You end up with two PKs. Add Necro focus and you're a fairly competent instakiller. Although Conjuration blends well, and provides damage-dealing capacity along with a very effective Web. Acid Well does a stunning amount of damage if properly spec-ed.

Gnome gives you a decent leg-up on UMD - at least enough to cast Heal scrolls competently.

Honestly: PM never needed a "pass." All casters needed was the lid lifted on spell-level damage, and removing Epic Ward from orange-names. Epic Ward is a throwback to when lvl 20 was endgame, and it needed to be "challenging." Now that we have Epic Elite and Reaper, it only serves to additionally handicap instakillers and DC casters who already have a limited spell point pool. But uber spec-ed melees have no such limitations.

But...well...shines.

Community Member

sorry for thread hijack, but re tilomare's build above, is there any reason not to splash a couple of levels of a trapping class? I like the look of that build, looks lots of fun, but i do like the utility of getting traps. In the process of gearing for it now, if we ever get our game back.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TallMikeM View Post
    sorry for thread hijack, but re tilomare's build above, is there any reason not to splash a couple of levels of a trapping class?
    Need to leave roles for other people in the group to play.

Community Member

Need to leave roles for other people in the group to play.
    heh, fair enough. Sadly, not being in a peak play timezone I end up having to solo a lot.

Community Member

So um, hypothetically speaking, if you were to drop harper to 12 AP, you could grab another core of PM. Maybe try out the one that does 2-9 damage and negative levels with a ratcatcher...

That should do better than the AP in Harper. Also updated to use First Harmonic Chord twist instead of Dance of Flowers.

Oh, and hypothetically speaking, forgewraith bosses have incredibly powerful attacks and spells and decimate anything standing in front of them. But they are also large ethereal ghosts, so you could in theory just walk inside them...

Maybe crank up the difficulty on Wraithcallers and Security Details to R3 at 21...

Swapped 24 feat from OC to CA because noticed the high fort mobs in Sharn have fort equal to 3xCR, or up to 189 on bosses, and wasn't bypassing enough fort to warrant OC.

Death Aura's aren't lgs debuffing undead mobs, even with enhancement to make them damage undead. Presumably anything innately not damaged by the aura isn't going to get debuffed by LGS effects tied to it. So undead and golems and sentries. This means Druid aura also won't lgs debuff forgewraiths and many fire immune mobs even if you strip fire immunity. Cleric aura might, but takes up a T5, so too much cost.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-04-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Community Member

Default For those looking at EK

I built an EK to look at it's mechanics. The damage even of a pure 20 wizard EK with 41 AP capstone in EK is primarily just the base physical hit. Note above is under Turn the Tide which enhances base physical hit 40%. In Sharn where many mobs have 200% fortification, that is just the base non-crit hit, so VKF daggers for maximum double strike/offhand %, offhand double strike seems to make the most sense.

Going from 6 to 41 AP in EK doubles imbue damage at the cost of 35 AP. This seems a questionable investment since imbue damage is only a moderate amount of total damage, and that 35 AP could be spent instead in tempest, to triple all damage by hitting 3 mobs at once with Dance of Death. 5 Ranger also nets BaB for feats to finish build in heroics, and two feats (light armor and TWF#1)

I will say that hitting mobs with Pain (LGS Vacuum) mainhand (sentience Shattered doesn't work with melee fyi) socketed Deconstructor (Improved Destruction), offhand LGS Ash, with LGS Ooze and LGS Dust on death auras makes short work of bosses. Unless the inquisitor Hunt's Ends the boss in the first 2 seconds then runs around kiting wildly for the next 2 minutes. But sometimes you get lucky and the inquisitor dies.

Oh, and mmm, I dunno about that perform? check on Turn the Tide proc damage, but due to cool down and relative damage I wouldn't bother with perform.

AoE on TWF pure build seems lacking. Spells lack because you are geared as a melee. Confront Any Foe and other cleaves lack on twf. Cleaves lack to the point you might as well just auto attack. Fan of Knives would be good, but the melee spell range and ranged power of 0 due to EDF and Eldritch Knight stance neuters it. Maybe Dirge is supposed to be good, hard to tell from tooltip, but it doesn't seem to work. Defense is good though, if you have more or less every available past life, tome, and item. Auto attack is pretty good. Eldritch Tempest is ok.

Oh, and one thing did surprise me. Went for plate. Really liked plate and the 50% fire resistance artifact over evasion on int build in SD I had played recently. Could bump up defenses a bit with Scion of Fire, Aasimar Protector, and a Ring of Malevolence still.

As to EK, it seems like it would be more attractive if it had a stronger unique signature. EK feels like a hodgepodge of things you already get from other sources:

Fatesinger eliminates ASF, so you don't need ASF reduction from EK.
    Tensor's Transformation gives full BaB, so you don't need Full BaB from EK
    Master's touch gives weapon/shield proficiency, so you don't need proficiency from EK, and you use daggers anyways, so you don't need Master's Touch either.
    Double strike already caps at 100% from VKF, so you don't need doublestrike from EK.
    VKF already gives permanent crit range/multiplier, so you don't need to cast spells to activate it from EK
    VKF already gives deflect arrows, so you don't need deflect arrows from EK
    VKF already gives Quick Draw, so you don't need Quick Draw from EK
    EK Medium armor proficiency is nice for DC casters to save feats so they can afford the swf line to activate EDF when tanking (with a shield and amusingly not even using it), but wizard already gives feats so one ends up with spare feats on melee wizards for plate proficiency, so you don't need/want medium armor from EK.

It seems like a lot of the power of this tree is already granted by other sources, and tree could use some multi-selectors to pick something usable in their place. Tying capstone damage die to a cleave not worth using is also kind of meh. The tree could really use some extra threat to hold mobs over other dps like ranged or casters, but not over a tank.

Pure wiz capstone EK is still good enough as long as one has a very large amount of accumulated character power in order to survive. Oh, and don't take the VKF defensive line, since it screws up your negative healing due to negative absorb in T1.

One thing didn't surprise me, meteor damage on a melee geared character is terrible. Heh.

Ended up crafting spell saves, ins. spell saves, negamp trinket to round out Part of the Family Plate set, to have both + and - amp for self and group healing and for, well, plate. Next build will be chaotic good or something for blessed blades twist since people like to reaper against devils and demons in the level 30 dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    For a racial options tieflings guard effect also triggers spell add on effects.
    So tested the teifling gaurd with just rewards, scourge, conflagration, fanning the flames, and immolation. It proc'd scourge only. So its one of those oddball abilities you could test on lammania, but its proc chance to do gaurd damage anyways is really low, so don't worry about it.

==================

Sleet Storm does LGS Salt, Ash, Ooze, and Dust, but not affirmation or vacuum. Sleet Storm duration isn't reduced in reaper, so you get a long term AoE effect to kite through and proc LGS Salt on over and over on a while train of mobs. LGS Salt has a 0.25 second internal cool down, but since mobs enter the sleet storm in a train separated a few at a time, it usually hits most of a group, and several sleet storms will proc Salt on a full group. The amount Sleet Storm slows mobs is less than players, so you need a FoM flask to pull this off in melee. Sleet Storm + Salt is great for inquisitor though.

Based on results from Death Auras, Hellish Rebuke, and Sleet Storm, it makes me think each individual spell and unique ability has different interactions and may or may not work with LGS and other on-hit effects. Makes it sorta a random guess to figure out.

=================

There is one odd option as well. You can add a lantern ring or resonation sonic damage or warlock dilli. This adds fire/light/sonic spell damage to some spell effects, which may also proc things. Then you get spell > proc > proc > proc > proc daisy chains of confusing what does what.

But that's not for this build, that's to get more Shiradi synergy.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-07-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Community Member

I use this Archmage + PM setup to Arcane Supremacy the extended 3x death auras:

Supremacy kicks the necro crit rate from 36 to 61%, then doubles the crit damage of that 61% so ends up increasing the healing from 1.36x due to crit to 2.22x, or an increase of 63%.

This extra healing lets one twist commanding presence and aggro face tank/self heal/dps/instakill/CC EE Sharn starting at level 20, which is nice.

Edit: This build is for normal leveling and collecting favor as a DC caster in a group. Drop commanding presence if you aren't tanky enough to survive the aggro. Meteor is your intimidate, and also lowers mob saves due to epic resilience, and follow it up with DC casting.
    Is there a link to this build by chance?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by polymath View Post
    Is there a link to this build by chance?
    No, but I added some feats and stats to post for you. Just basic DC caster picks.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-08-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Community Member

No, but I added some feats and stats to post for you. Just basic DC caster picks.
    Thank you very much!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12