Thread: New PC

Default New PC

Getting a new PC...out of necessity. My current PC is About to die.

Funds are limited so I have no upgrading options.

The new PC I plan to order has the following integrated garphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630.

I know I would be better served by a dedicated GPU....but alas...this is where are are at now.

My question....will the Intel UHD Graphics 630 run DDO?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Opening up the casual difficulty for raids would have been a much better solution. Since all the whiners are just complaining about not being able to play through the content they paid for. Just give them their casual difficulty. Since they are just a bunch of casuals.

Proud Member of the Bunch of Casuals Club!!!!!

The game is 10+ years old so it should be fine, and by fine I mean that it will run. Probably not the best by any means but it should at least let you play. Even a very cheap second hand dedicated GPU would be better than integrated.

Stoner81.

Totally no expert but I think the Intel i3 8100 cpu is pretty solid nowadays for quality/price
    A quick search looks like that's also what you had in mind with the integrated GPU :P

So seems good!

What you can actually play will depend on your graphics settings anyway.

Community Member Oghma_Infinium's Avatar

I run it on an Intel 945GM Express , with Dual Core 1,6Ghz (Dell inspiron 9400)

I would not worry in your stead
    There is no genius without a touch of madness.
    No child has sinner heart

Community Member

I've played with similar specs before I got my gaming pc, game ran fine just had to turn a few settings down.

Only noticeable fps drop was in stormhorns and barovia wilderness, as well as yester hill and pre-fix black loch but those last two could make my new GTX 1060 come to a crawl.

it will work great for DDO.

In-game settings, I'd turn off a lot of stuff though. I'd rather sacrifice a lot of extra detail to gain better game performance.

Thank you all for your replies.

I'm currently running on an 8 year old PC using a Geforce 310 and only have moderate problems running DDO now. I'm assuming this new setup should be just as good as the 8 year old rig.
    Opening up the casual difficulty for raids would have been a much better solution. Since all the whiners are just complaining about not being able to play through the content they paid for. Just give them their casual difficulty. Since they are just a bunch of casuals.

Community Member

I just replaced my home pc beast with a hades NUC and its been brilliant so far.

I travel a lot and it can be thrown into my suitcase. Im about to buy a travelling screen so that i can do the same with the screen. Its amazing that I can fit a powerful pc and all the gear I need in such a small space now

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...nuc8i7hvk.html

No problems. I have the same card and wondered about the same issues when my Mac died. Running Win10 Intel Core 3, 8gb RAM, stock HP entry model (which any new commercially made rig will do) and run graphics on high. (Customized, actually, post processing on, trilinear, high textures, ultra high distance draw for archery. I get lighting effects I thought I would not have with an onboard card.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good anymore?

Baldric, Mulray, Tirimon, Clant, Melkazar, Dorakeen, Blastium
    Member of the Silver Legion on Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    I [...]
    Only noticeable fps drop was in stormhorns and barovia wilderness, as well as yester hill and pre-fix black loch but those last two could make my new GTX 1060 come to a crawl.
    DDO Wrath of Earth and Black Loch (pre-fix) ran very well on my NVIDIA 980m (read: mobile) Alienware 15 on Ultra, 2560x1440p, I do not know why it wouldn't run fine on a GTX 1060, unless you cranked it up to 4K (3840x2160) or higher?

That quest is always a GPU test.

As for the OP, good luck for your new PC. Hopefully there are no new quests or raids on the pipeline that tests your new PC.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Question for the OP what about your current GPU? can you salvage it for the new machine?

Quote Originally Posted by hinton View Post
    Question for the OP what about your current GPU? can you salvage it for the new machine?
    Maybe. It's Geforce 310. Is that worth salvaging?

Community Member

Probably not. https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...m9197vsm356797
    But that kinda answers your question. If you are running DDO on the old one.

Community Member

I bought the second up from base HP Pavillion from Best Buy it has an integrated card and I can run the game on high. The SSD might be what helps IDK