Community Member

Default melee alacrity/striding nerf?

I already submitted a bug report for this because it happened on more than one item...and maybe somebody else here has seen it too.

I have two ML20 Cannith crafted trinkets that have had striding and/or melee alacrity reduced by 1% upon pulling them out of my shared bank. Unless SSG recently decided to nerf those two attributes, they should be 15% melee alacrity, and 30% striding. However, they are currently showing 14% melee alacrity, and 29% striding. When I check my melee alacrity in the character sheet, it shows that I only have 14% melee alacrity. FWIW, the other attributes are what they're supposed to be, so this appears to only be affecting melee alacrity/striding.

Anyone else seen this?

Community Member

This was caused by a recent backend change they made to adjust some other coding. I haven't seen an update to this since the dated info I have saved here:

08-19-2019 -Lynnabel -
    To answer your questions ahead of time, yes, we're aware that these have changed, and yes, we can fix it. No ETA but in the meantime I can at least explain what actually happened here.

Well, our internal scaling item effects use a progression for certain stats - such as bonuses to specific skills. And, for this update, I stumbled upon a pretty funny bug: the internal scalar for several scaling effects was missing number 40 in the progression. It skipped from 39 to 41. So, everything is off by 1. Weird, right? I fixed the templating, which retroactively added entry 40 to all of our scaling progressions, which bumped everything using our scaling templates down 1 ilevel. We can fix this with some light hackery, but it'd need a lot of testing and we really don't want to rush something like this. We managed to get out from under this bug without just deleting everything accidentally, which is a great step forward, and the worst case scenario would just blink the gloves off of your hands, so we really don't want to take a risk

Community Member

Thanks for passing that along.