Default Seriously ticked off at SSG false advertising

I saw the DDO double bonus points advertised in the chronicle, went to the market and bought a big pack only to now be told by SSG support staff that I don't get the double bonus points if I buy from the marketplace. Honestly, W-T-F? Where does it say that???

It does say ddo store in the flash screen.

But realistically customer support should be easier to use.
    KEEP THE LIGHTS ON

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkastik View Post
    I saw the DDO double bonus points advertised in the chronicle, went to the market and bought a big pack only to now be told by SSG support staff that I don't get the double bonus points if I buy from the marketplace. Honestly, W-T-F? Where does it say that???
    That's a bummer that you didn't know. I'd ask them for a refund of the market purchase and then buy them through the store. Hopefully, they take care of you.

I'm not sure where it says it, if anywhere, but it has been that way since the first time they offered double points. Which has been 8 or 9 years. All the DDO weekly sales are only available in the store. That's how all of them work. The DDO market prices don't change, that I am aware of, with the summer sails, either. Those are always in game sales.

Anyways, I hope you get it resolved. Good luck!
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer in Loreseekers and Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post
    That's a bummer that you didn't know. I'd ask them for a refund of the market purchase and then buy them through the store. Hopefully, they take care of you.

I'm not sure where it says it, if anywhere, but it has been that way since the first time they offered double points. Which has been 8 or 9 years. All the DDO weekly sales are only available in the store. That's how all of them work. The DDO market prices don't change, that I am aware of, with the summer sails, either. Those are always in game sales.

Yeah I guess I'll try that. Otherwise, will complain to Visa and see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post

DDO Market prices are sometimes adjusted. I purchased the expansion packs when they were on sale last winter for enormous discounts via the market.
    Always seemed odd to me that the bonus points purchases weren't available via Market honestly.

Community Member

To fair, it always displays as double BONUS points. None of the points bought from the Market are displayed as bonus points, hence, no change in the amount of points gained.

Yeah I guess I'll try that. Otherwise, will complain to Visa and see what they can do.
    I wouldn't really do this. Having a card company charge back is a good way to get accounts banned, especially if you've activated the code. Charge backs don't work like refunds- they basically act as a black mark against a company that makes it look like either there was fraudulent activity they didn't catch (which is why many companies will refund fraudulent purchases online, even if their policy is no refunds ever, to avoid charge backs) or that the company itself is selling a fraudulent product- so the seller did something fraudulent, the dispute department with the card company agrees with the customer, and then the money is charged back. This is, of course, against the ToS/T&C for pretty much every web store, so you'll likely have a hard time in the future. One place I used to work required you to send in bank statements to verify you had access to the account in question if there was a charge back, because charge backs can often happen when someone uses stolen credentials, so it's generally good security practice to freeze accounts for charge backs anyway in case the reason is stolen credit card info.

Unfortunately, the DDO Market has never really done the double points offer (at least, not in sync with the store), so it's not surprising that they don't honor the promotion. If I'm correct, the market even goes through a different company for processing than the store, which makes things murkier. Unless you're buying expansions or there's a discount marked on the market, I'd recommend avoiding the market if possible, and if you can't avoid the market, I would definitely not charge back.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Quote Originally Posted by CSQ View Post
    I wouldn't really do this. Having a card company charge back is a good way to get accounts banned, especially if you've activated the code. Charge backs don't work like refunds- they basically act as a black mark against a company that makes it look like either there was fraudulent activity they didn't catch (which is why many companies will refund fraudulent purchases online, even if their policy is no refunds ever, to avoid charge backs) or that the company itself is selling a fraudulent product- so the seller did something fraudulent, the dispute department with the card company agrees with the customer, and then the money is charged back. This is, of course, against the ToS/T&C for pretty much every web store, so you'll likely have a hard time in the future. One place I used to work required you to send in bank statements to verify you had access to the account in question if there was a charge back, because charge backs can often happen when someone uses stolen credentials, so it's generally good security practice to freeze accounts for charge backs anyway in case the reason is stolen credit card info.

Unfortunately, the DDO Market has never really done the double points offer (at least, not in sync with the store), so it's not surprising that they don't honor the promotion. If I'm correct, the market even goes through a different company for processing than the store, which makes things murkier. Unless you're buying expansions or there's a discount marked on the market, I'd recommend avoiding the market if possible, and if you can't avoid the market, I would definitely not charge back.
    Unfortunately, this is all news to me. As far as I'm concerned, I'm buying from SSG, and I expect them to honor an advertised sale, regardless of where I "check out" the goods. I don't care, nor should I need to know, about the details of who their POS provider is.

Community Member

Sarkastik

Unfortunately, this is all news to me. As far as I'm concerned, I'm buying from SSG, and I expect them to honor an advertised sale, regardless of where I "check out" the goods. I don't care, nor should I need to know, about the details of who their POS provider is.
    Since it was you that didn't bother to look, this is solely on you. The launcher does in fact read on the left side banner "DDO Store Double Bonus Points". These kind double or triple bonus points are ALWAYS in the store.

Since it's obvious that YOU didn't pay attention, this is indeed your fault, and NO I don't care if you like what I'm saying or not, and Yes you should know this all by now, seeing as your join date is 2010. You're just looking for a way to blame someone else for your mistake, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunning View Post
    Since it was you that didn't bother to look, this is solely on you. The launcher does in fact read on the left side banner "DDO Store Double Bonus Points". These kind double or triple bonus points are ALWAYS in the store.

Since it's obvious that YOU didn't pay attention, this is indeed your fault, and NO I don't care if you like what I'm saying or not, and Yes you should know this all by now, seeing as your join date is 2010. You're just looking for a way to blame someone else for your mistake, deal with it.
    There's a cool way to deal with these issues and there's a way that just poisons the community and makes a toxic forum.

Your response comes no where near cool.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    There's a cool way to deal with these issues and there's a way that just poisons the community and makes a toxic forum.

Your response comes no where near cool.
    The cool answer was already given

After that, pretending someone can be right "cause i din' t care here and there" (said by the OP) only deserves a hammer, for the sake of community and business

There's only 1 thing i hate more than those who say "client is always right" and it's the people who think that makes sense
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Thank you for supporting DDO. Your $$$ will be put to good use releasing unfinished products.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Good way to lose your account try customer service that doesn't work chalk it up to live and learn people who have done charge backs have had their accounts locked in the past

Beware the Sleepeater