Community Member

Default Artificer/Paladin Help

Looking for a build for Artificer paladin that can solo stuff.
    Race is Aasimar, I have 32 point build.
    I don't have second life options.

At this point been working with bastard swords, some direction and advice would be helpful, thanks.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Why that particular mix? Do you want a SWF paladin but thought an arty splash would be good?
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

To what end? Going to 30 for the Aasimar IR, but you'll get a class PL as well - which did you want dominant?

Pure Arti is very solo-friendly, no need for a Pali splash, so I'm guessing Pali is your PL of choice? Otherwise, don't worry about it (unless for flavor?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ariodinock View Post
    At this point been working with bastard swords...
    So, definitely melee, not ranged?

Community Member

Yes, Melee definitely, and mostly stuck with it cause it rad like it would mix well.

I don't have any second life, so this would be my first to 30, and I don't have DDO points so a wooden heart better than lesser to change classes or anything like that is out of the question. I wanted something that could solo well, enjoy dealing with traps and locked doors, while self healing, putting out melee damage, and can tank for when I do stuff with others.

So at this point I am stuck where I am at with this build, not a lot of money so buying the respec items is out, and just trying to make it work. I have one lesser wood heart, so I could redo feats, skill points, and the like, but would be stuck with the class levels I chose already.

Thanks again for any advice and help.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

It uses rogue instead of artificer, but it shouldn't be hard to convert my Trapper Knight.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

I don't have any second life, so this would be my first to 30...
    Some disagree, and this may not apply to the OP, but I strongly discourage new players from trying to go to 30 with their first life. That march is SO much easier on a 2nd life, once you know the game, your character is a little stronger, and you have just a little better gear. (Not sure where you are, but this is only more pronounced on a 28 point build!)

The counter-argument is that the XP goes up - and that's true (+50% more xp for 2nd life, and a max of +100% xp (x2) for 3rd and later). But without the first-hand experience to know the quests, going in blind and weak does not make things "preferable".

So at this point I am stuck where I am at with this build, not a lot of money so buying the respec items is out, and just trying to make it work. I have one lesser wood heart, so I could redo feats, skill points, and the like, but would be stuck with the class levels I chose already.
    You already have some levels? What does the build look like atm? (That's kinda important!) And if no past lives, is this your "main"? Could you not scratch it and start over?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    It uses rogue instead of artificer, but it shouldn't be hard to convert my Trapper Knight.
    took a look at this, and I see a lot of that will work out well here.

Question though, I see you took Fighter for that action Boost Haste Bonus, was that only reason? I ask cause I get the same haste bonus for the same action point cost out of Artificer, would be advantageous to instead grab those levels in something else, or one of the two I already have to empower what they are giving me more, or is there more going on with those levels of fighter then I am seeing?

Community Member

Looking for a build for Artificer paladin that can solo stuff.
    Race is Aasimar, I have 32 point build.
    I don't have second life options.

At this point been working with bastard swords, some direction and advice would be helpful, thanks.
    You can do whatever weapon option you want and can adapt to aasimar as well, but you want to look at version 2 (the second post). But BF will be superior for soloing because of the easier ability to self heal, immunities and the fact that docent can be treated as heavy armor. If you still want Aasimar an do melee, swp the feat for a shield feat and pick up those enh in SD and pick up the Bastard Sword stuff in BE instead of Xbow. Its a very solid an durable 1st life build. I am running this on a few toons in two version on the hardcore server. Basically its a repeater tank and does pretty good DPS.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...rst-Life-Build