Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    As a quick aside, that drop rate default is actually 33%, and then from there it evenly selects from all available named items from that chest
    Yeah sure... Mark of Death had 30+% drop rates aswell, and everyone know how looking for items change to farming 20th completions there :>:>:>
    Now same thing happenes in Project Nemesis.. for some reason for 3 runs per timer reset our 12th ppl group didnt get not even 1 item. 12*3 = 36 chances every 3 day..... 30% you say??? Yeah.. right... screenshot with tables or didnt happend.
    From the other hand there is that Baba raid, that almost always drop 1-3 named.. hmm i'm wondering why?
    >>Officer of the DDOpl Guild<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness 31th - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 4rd life Warlock .......Seljuck 4th life Barbarian
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Yeah I knew Sharn hated me when I ran the entire heroic arc the week it came out (on elite) and got exactly 1 (one) named drop.

I think the devs did the programming wrong and the drop rate is more like 3.3%.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post
    Yeah sure... Mark of Death had 30+% drop rates aswell, and everyone know how looking for items change to farming 20th completions there :>:>:>
    Now same thing happenes in Project Nemesis.. for some reason for 3 runs per timer reset our 12th ppl group didnt get not even 1 item. 12*3 = 36 chances every 3 day..... 30% you say??? Yeah.. right... screenshot with tables or didnt happend.
    From the other hand there is that Baba raid, that almost always drop 1-3 named.. hmm i'm wondering why?
    cause it's 33% on elite, so baba drops a lot cause ppl run higher diffs and nemesis... well, ppl run normal, same with MoD prolly

otoh 1st week after sharn release i did heroic and epic full runs and got... 15 items? lol

however when i tried to farm the wallwatch light armor i ransacked 2 toons, and got the shield... 4 times? lol
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Quote Originally Posted by WeiQuinn View Post
    I run each character through the quest separately (using the XP to level up off-Destinies) I had been waiting 24 hours between runs to avoid XP penalty (which I must've thought also tied into chest ransack)
    I didn't realize the chest ransack was on a different timer.

Looks like I need to spend time leveling up my alts to give the chest ransack time to reset.... which is all well and good, since I need ingredients for Nearly Finished crafting
    Have you looted these gloves by now? Just wondering because the Onyx ring keeps dropping every time instead of proper loot.

I ran the quest for the gloves 15 times with a friend + a varying number of others over the last few days. In roughly 60 chests we had 2 pairs of gloves - so they definitely do drop.

With 6 different named items the 33% for any named items is 5.5% for each specific named item - or an average expected number of 3.3 drops in 60 chests. So, we had a bit of bad luck but nothing statistically significant (p-value of 35% for the statistically minded). Obviously the sample is small though. We still lack a pair so the sample didn't end with a drop by design - though it did by coincidence.
    Danskerne
    Et dansktalende guild på Ghallanda. Send PM, hvis du er interesseret.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I ran the quest for the gloves 15 times with a friend + a varying number of others over the last few days. In roughly 60 chests we had 2 pairs of gloves - so they definitely do drop.

With 6 different named items the 33% for any named items is 5.5% for each specific named item - or an average expected number of 3.3 drops in 60 chests. So, we had a bit of bad luck but nothing statistically significant (p-value of 35% for the statistically minded). Obviously the sample is small though. We still lack a pair so the sample didn't end with a drop by design - though it did by coincidence.
    I had 6 onyx rings drop and no other named loot. I only kept track in a txt so I would have a feel near ransack. I fully understand the statistics behind named looting and that is why it is giving me pause and noting it here.

A 7th onyx in a row as of right now. No other named has dropped in 7 named drops in a row. So I run to the forum to cry about it since I've already replied to this thread last night.
    RNG = Random, Never Good.
    Weird.

Got the docent to break that streak. Whew. Was only reporting because of the weirdness of that Onyx constantly dropping.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeiQuinn View Post
    Legendary Hard
    ~20% rare drop rate on LH, 6 items drop, so 3.33% chance of item you want dropping.

After 135 runs, you will have a 99% chance of seeing these gloves. After 270 runs, you will have a 99.99% chance and almost certainly find these gloves.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-08-2019 at 01:18 AM.

I ran this until I was sick of it, almost all on LH because that was as much as I could do solo. Nothing against PUGs at all, I love them, but it was tough to find anyone to run this with me at LE. In all those runs (35-40 maybe?) I pulled Legendary Thundershot 3x, Legendary Enigma Core 2x, and Breaking the Bank 2x. All this with me being fortunate enough to afford shard rerolls. It wasn't until yesterday when I was able to run this on LE with a wonderful Druid and a Wiz that it dropped. On the third reroll. One of those devs is making a boat payment this month due to my poor choices and greed. That being said, the bump to my AA build was substantial, and now requires another Slave Lords crafted piece.

Vast & Mysterious since '06!

Default Success!!

Finally pulled a pair of gloves yesterday!

All I had to do was stop trying... I decided to work on leveling another character for awhile, then occasionally run the quest for the gauntlets.

First run I pulled a Legendary Shattered Onyx (second or third one I pulled) then a few hours later I ran it on my other character and pulled the gauntlets! I think I pulled at least 2 or 3 of all the other names items, including Minor Artifacts, before pulling what I wanted. Wallwatch bonus works out nicely on my Deepwood Arcane Archer!
    Weiquinn (Ranger 20) Syris (Ranger 18/Rogue 2) Vaconmorte (Ranger 13/Rogue 2) Longthorne (Barbarian 15) Neckron (Ranger 12/Rogue 3) Ryeva (Druid 20) Shandrea (Ranger 6/Rogue 1/Artificer 1) Solegiallo (Cleric 15)
    Torsade (Fighter 20) Gammor (Barbarian 8) Luceille (Bard 15)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12