Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mob pathing post updates

Is it me, or has there been some strange mob pathing after the recent patches? Specifically mobs getting stuck around doorways.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Talking

Hi Neurik,

Unfortunately due to the recent updates, the AI movement has been bugging out or glitching. Thank you for understanding!
    We will try to get this patched immediately, but usually takes us a bit.

Signed,
    Standing Stone Games, Employee #426 (Zackuriah)

> All jokes.

But in all seriousness, there has been a bunch of AI issues with pathing and direct movement. The Grotto had Talbron or whatever the sorcerers name on the island a bit buggy. Others seemed to work for me.
    Wow! A very balanced game!
    I love this game! Let me play with my friends!
    *solos R5 CoS with Inquistive*
    oh wait.

Not just you, there have been three or four threads on this same subject recently, including one with a dev comment asking for loc and timestamp information.

Systems Designer

We are actively investigating this. If you continue to experience inconsistent pathing post today's downtime, we would appreciate a /loc containing a timestamp (essentially just be sure you're copying the full output of /loc) along with your server.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

^^ this
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    Not just you, there have been three or four threads on this same subject recently, including one with a dev comment asking for loc and timestamp information.
    Wow! A very balanced game!
    I love this game! Let me play with my friends!
    *solos R5 CoS with Inquistive*
    oh wait.

Default Pathing

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    We are actively investigating this. If you continue to experience inconsistent pathing post today's downtime, we would appreciate a /loc containing a timestamp (essentially just be sure you're copying the full output of /loc) along with your server.
    From what i have seen it is every quest that has pathing issues... Step in any quest, aggro mobs and run around the corner and you will see.

Community Member

One thing is sure, Mobs are automatic draw to Hirelings.

I was doing VoN3. At fight against the Big Trio near the end fight. The Troll, The Caster and The Beholder were draw to the Hireling parked at the Shrine. The first two ignored me so I could kill them with easily, but the Beholder first gave me a Disintegration (land me unconscious) then headed to pursue the Hireling far way the line of sight. The mobs just knew the Hire locations and were draw to it without any aggro action.

Quote Originally Posted by Opener View Post
    One thing is sure, Mobs are automatic draw to Hirelings.

I was doing VoN3. At fight against the Big Trio near the end fight. The Troll, The Caster and The Beholder were draw to the Hireling parked at the Shrine. The first two ignored me so I could kill them with easily, but the Beholder first gave me a Disintegration (land me unconscious) then headed to pursue the Hireling far way the line of sight. The mobs just knew the Hire locations and were draw to it without any aggro action.
    I confirm this.
    This is a hard time for Hirelings.....
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

Baba Lysaga's pathing around the battlefield (in all three sections of the raid where you beat on her) has also been affected. She seems to wander off in bizarre directions now, very unlike where she used to go before the last update (or maybe it was the one right before the last one).
    Last edited by Arkat; 08-28-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Hi Welcome

Good to hear
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Community Manager

Let us know how things are going after today's (8/28) maintenance work.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member DaggomaticDwarf's Avatar

Default Want a laugh...

Go to the Demon web and watch the Lemming yo-yo off the ledges. HAH!
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

Quote Originally Posted by DaggomaticDwarf View Post
    Go to the Demon web and watch the Lemming yo-yo off the ledges. HAH!
    WIthout /loc, nothing new, not a useful post.

(And did that happen to you today, since the reboot? Cuz I just ran it - NPC's were all pathing perfectly afaict.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Let us know how things are going after today's (8/28) maintenance work.
    Did the rift quest in the demonweb and all the mobs were there, no bad pathing and no mobs falling to the entrance. Seems fixed!

Default Sorry eh

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    WIthout /loc, nothing new, not a useful post.

(And did that happen to you today, since the reboot? Cuz I just ran it - NPC's were all pathing perfectly afaict.)
    Not all of us sit around all day waiting for the servers to come up. I can go check for you later, but other seem to feel it has been resolved.

/loc Dagg is at work.
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

Not all of us sit around all day waiting for the servers to come up.
    Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in Korthos. I had shared my own Demonweb complaints before the reset, then the reset happened, I spent 10 minutes and saw it was running cleanly in my experience, then you complained similarly - if it had not fixed it for you, that would have been significant. If you had not checked since then, your comment was indeterminate.

(And you seem to have overlooked that some people (and myself included) are West Coast, so servers are usually up before any "reasonable hour" one way or another. No waiting involved.)

Default Complained?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in Korthos. I had shared my own Demonweb complaints before the reset, then the reset happened, I spent 10 minutes and saw it was running cleanly in my experience, then you complained similarly - if it had not fixed it for you, that would have been significant. If you had not checked since then, your comment was indeterminate.

(And you seem to have overlooked that some people (and myself included) are West Coast, so servers are usually up before any "reasonable hour" one way or another. No waiting involved.)
    My post said LAUGH, nothing in it was of me complaining. But you're right about the "overlook" see the location in my Avatar? California, I think the West Coast? The server were taken down 6:00 am our time give or take on the day of my post. Now if you mean today, then yes, your observation is correct. You win the Golden Cookie Award!

Default Update 09/01/2019

Ran Just Business twice, once last night and then this morning. Both time Irk runs straight off the ledge. Last night didn't see where he went, today saw with me own bloodshot eyes.

You are on server 27 at r1 lx1512 ly48 i2049 cInside ox-291.66 oy-2.10 oz-396.48 h105.5. Game timestamp 422467324.411.

Dagg.

Ran Just Business twice, once last night and then this morning. Both time Irk runs straight off the ledge. Last night didn't see where he went, today saw with me own bloodshot eyes.

You are on server 27 at r1 lx1512 ly48 i2049 cInside ox-291.66 oy-2.10 oz-396.48 h105.5. Game timestamp 422467324.411.

Dagg.
    This must have been what happened to me last life, the quest was not able to be completed, Irk was no where to be seen after engaging him twice. I spent about 10 minutes at the end fight running around and could never find him so I reset the quest. Also a few mob pathing issues still seem to be happening, Bargain of Blood seemed a little wonky with one of the sorc getting stuck behind a wall and also Memoirs had some strange pathing if I recall. Sorry I did not get a /loc.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

In the Korthos quest with that single Cannith Crystal to be protected, I summoned a Winter Wolf - a small one - with the help from that Splinterskjull Staff.
    Meanwhile the wolf was effective in taking out opponents, it did made some strange zig-zag courses in that room until it returned to me. I don't think I have ever seen that before.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast