Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default For the love of Velah, Please Please Please Make this a permanent server

Even though I have kept my Subscription alive since day 1 of Beta, long before VIP or FTP or WB or StandingStone, I had not played in 3 years mostly because the game felt like it had become a ZergFest ala WoW. I had already cancelled my renewal because I was getting no value. I came back just for this. For the love of all that is holy. make this permanent server. Actions should have consequences, and this is exactly what DDO needs to breathe new life into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phesic View Post
    I think a good term is "Nuber": A Newb who thinks he's uber.

no
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo

I love your enthusiasm, and welcome back. I never left, well I do take a break from time to time. Anyway I dont know what the big deal is about the hardcore server. I for one started playing on the Xoriat server in late o6 with a free account I got ever month with a new email account... yea yea, finally in early o7 I started paying because I love the game.

So to the point, I have started fresh on 3 servers to keep the game fresh, no money no gear no nadda. I can log into anyone of those servers today and play a high end toon with raid gear and tomes that I earned.

So to say we need a new server to make the game have consequences is well not true. Don't get me wrong I am glad your back and your having fun. However starting a new server and working all over again works to.

I have read that some pepps are finding the new server more fun because of the full taverns and and such as back in the day. Good for them.

-Doom
    Kahzadoom~Nexus~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~Xzr~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Knowing you lose everything when you die makes a difference for me.
    I am not disciplined enough to throw away my stuff when an alt dies on a normal server.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member

I'm one of those on-and-off again players who frequently takes long breaks from the game due to the whole "been there, done that a thousand times" syndrome. I came back for this server though, I'm really enjoying it so far. I've died more than I care to admit (famine reapers loathe me), but slight adjustments each life and progress is being made.

I don't agree with it being permanent though, part of the allure is the time-limited nature. Without that I think there would be many many less active players as time goes on, and whilst I am a solo player it is certainly nice seeing people around the place and more than 3 LFMs up at once. Also, personally I'm driven by the competitive side of things - in this case the leaderboards and the rewards offered by the server. If there was no cut-off date, it would not appeal as much.

I'm in favour of the direction they appear to be heading - seasons. It allows them to make adjustments to what needs adjusting, gives everyone a fresh start on equal footing each time and brings new rewards each season. Win win win.

- I

I was not stating that Permadeath is for everyone, but to me it makes the game a lot more interesting when I have to be careful in Butcher's Path because a stray curse or lightning bolt can end it all. I just would like to see one server where people could go if they want to play that way and enjoy the game without the Zerg. Parties are a lot more fun when some moron does not charge ahead and say keep up or I will finish without you because this is my Trust Fund Baby and I have 100 just like him. Its just a different flavor, so if PD is not for you, cool, stay on the other servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phesic View Post
    I think a good term is "Nuber": A Newb who thinks he's uber.

Default Losing everything

I hear you about losing everything, starting over you still have the luxury of still having your gear, unless you play perma-death. Now that I think about it I have not seen a permadeath guild since Xoriat days. I have started one on Khyber but have seen no interest.

-Doom
    Kahzadoom~Nexus~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~Xzr~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

A actual hardcore server might draw me back it’s been several years since I played

Beware the Sleepeater

I think I will pass on this hardcore server looks like no real benefit. I could care less about cosmetic gear or a pet. I would like to see some of the other servers merged or have the servers all use the same AH. I much rather see one massive server so that way LFG posts would fill up faster. Usually on Orien server there is not much of an issue except later at night usa time.

Community Member

I would love to see this as a full time server. It has restored my faith in this game. Ether make this a full time thing or could you bring back xp death penalty on live servers.. I would love to st that happen

Thumbs up

I would like to see it become permanent
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo (Barbarian); LOOON (Rogue); Hobaggin (Druid); Pocohontus (Warlock); Buttscracher (Arty); Whoaa (Monk thrower); Fuglytincan (Tempest); Easilylaid (inquisitive); Eatuhdiq (Sorc)

The Hardcore league has brought me back to playing too. It has its charms and challenges. I would love to see at least two seasons a year of this.

Much of the charm is the very full very active server. The challenge level and the renewed relevance of so many game mechanics. The death announcements and the shared pain when a higher level character meets their doom. The burgeoning huge guilds and lfms, Party play is easy to find and the auction house is a big deal. Server merges on live and increased death penalties on live would accomplish much the same for the whole population of players. That would be grand.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

Default Sign me up

/Agree. I'd like to see it become permanent as well but I'd probably make a few tweaks to make it more difficult. No DDO store, less shared bank storage, etc.
    Last edited by Cianos_Fanas; 08-28-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    Paganus ~ Keltis ~ Albannach ~ Milkstache
    Bloodlords ~ Argonnessen
    “I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.” - George Carlin

Keep the Special Conditions server idea rolling - but don't keep HC a permaserver, imho.
    Part of what I'm enjoying is the NEWness of it. If it were to be a forever feature, I think the luster would fade.

It's special because it isn't going to last.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post

So to say we need a new server to make the game have consequences is well not true. Don't get me wrong I am glad your back and your having fun. However starting a new server and working all over again works to.

-Doom
    It's not exactly the same. On live...you can die, resurrect and keep trying without losing anything.

If they decided to keep hardcore open permanently they should remove the leader boards and cosmetic rewards....then open it up for everyone. I think there would be a niche group of people who would make that their home.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Opening up the casual difficulty for raids would have been a much better solution. Since all the whiners are just complaining about not being able to play through the content they paid for. Just give them their casual difficulty. Since they are just a bunch of casuals.

Proud Member of the Bunch of Casuals Club!!!!!

amazes me how ppl is going crazy cause a permadeath server, when that playstyle existed for years, i mean, they even have a whole forum cathegory XD

what ppl looks like aren't noticing is... well, that's 1 server, rest are 8 servers, maybe merging servers would bring that "feeling the game is alive" again

also, you can have your main with tr and play a permadeath toon, and YOU ARE THE ONE WHO HAS TO DELETE IT

but ppl like to lie/troll themselves and well, in the end they don't delete "cause it was a mistake, not fair, it wasn't really dead" and such

laughable, for real, they only removed the reviving option

i doubt 99% of the players feel like they have a real option to hit the leaderboard, they're only there "cause the fun", which exists out there yet they are loathing the HC server XD
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Keep the Special Conditions server idea rolling - but don't keep HC a permaserver, imho.
    Part of what I'm enjoying is the NEWness of it. If it were to be a forever feature, I think the luster would fade.

It's special because it isn't going to last.
    +1

I would prefer this server stays as it is and starts new every 2 months.
    I would also support the idea of a sister server with similar rules but cleric/druid raise dead/rez need to be put back for regular play
    and put a banker in dead lands.

all cool
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

I am loving the Hardcore option. I've found myself trying new builds I never bothered thinking about before. As for it being permanent, I have mixed feelings on that. If it was permanent I would probably stop using it after a while. However, if it came around once or twice a year I would want to use it. I've played to over 1,000 favor on every server except the HC one. So all my shared banks are stocked with supplies for new toons. A new server stops my munchkin approach cold. Sadly I keep playing the HC one for equipment to add to my shared bank, my highest level toon is only 8 so far. I have 4 toons. (Oh look, a deathblock item, stop, take it to the bank....)

Here are my thoughts on possible future iterations;

-once or twice a year max
    -shared bank of only 10
    -zero platinum vault, or a severe limit
    -cleric, druid, fav soul based rez like spells work ONLY if cast by player characters (if this is even possible from the programming end)
    -no daily dice
    -going through TR grants 1 free death per TR (if poss from a programming end)(maybe a special cake BtC)

My idea behind most of these suggestions is that these are new characters, like in D&D pnp editions. You have what you can carry, what you find, loot, or steal. Being in a party increases survival. Stopping and smelling the roses along the way is of more benefit than zerging. I know that is not everyone's cup of tea, but we are not talking about talking away what already exists on the other servers. No way to please all of us, no matter what SSG does in the end.

Happy hunting everyone, stay alive.

P.S. My Barbarian, Badger, just won't die, yet. Diehard with Dieharder just makes him the mole in Whack-A-Mole. I endure...
    "We can't all be heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap... oh, wait. This is D&D, yes we can!"

Community Member

I'm hoping it stays, but happens in seasons with different cosmetic rewards. At the end of each season, wipe the server and/or force survivors to start at level 1 again or transfer off as if they had died.

Another lapsed player here. Was excited for WoW classic and ended up playing DDO instead. The tension is enticing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast