Community Member

Default Inquisitive Cleric for PL

Need a quick cleric PL for completionist. Would like to run it as an inquisitive after playing one for the first time on an Arty life and seeing how ridiculously good it is. Just running solo R1, heroic only as I'll TR again at 20 or shortly after depending on how many tokens I have. Was thinking about 11/9 Ranger which gets me evasion and then IPS at 12, or 10/9 ranger/1 FvS for Divine Will (save AP from Falconry). Would like to have 2 Arty for rune arms but can't figure out a level split that still gets me IPS at 12 other than 8 Cleric/8 Ranger or Fighter/4 Arty, but that gives up evasion.

Anyone played a cleric inquisitive and can chime in with what they ran? Open to other ideas, this is just what I've come up with so far.

Thanks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fognozzle View Post
    Would like to have 2 Arty for rune arms but can't figure out a level split that still gets me IPS at 12 other than 8 Cleric/8 Ranger or Fighter/4 Arty, but that gives up evasion.
    Front loading 4 arty will give with Endless Fusilade super early; with is great since the Inq version isn't available until lvl 12. Since you're just going to 20 to get the PL, skipping evasion isn't a big deal. But you're pretty much not playing a "cleric" per se and are playing a generalize Inq build designed to speed run to get a class past life.

Community Member

some people on the forums reported IIRC that divine will does not apply ranged damage, only melee

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    some people on the forums reported IIRC that divine will does not apply ranged damage, only melee
    Yeah, Wiki for Divine Will says melee damage as well:

Divine Will: You gain an Insight bonus to melee damage and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Wisdom modifier.
    Dedicated Teams: be part of a larger community.
    You never hear anyone say: "Yeah, but it's a dry cold."
    Adventurers never forget. Adventurers still hate Coyle!

Community Member

What you want is both falconry and inquisitive, for wis to hit and damage and KTA equivalent. That'll use up most of your points.
    Something like cleric 17, arti 2 and barb 1 will do you proud in heroics (barb mostly for the movement speed).
    Its actually a pretty good build in epics too.

Community Member

But you're pretty much not playing a "cleric" per se and are playing a generalize Inq build designed to speed run to get a class past life.
    Yeah that's the basic idea.

Didn't notice Divine Will was melee only, so sounds like 11/9 or 8/8/4 is the route to go. Thanks for the replies.

I'm doing this for a bunch of PL's I don't want to play. I've got a meta framework for inquisitive.

6 art, 6 rog, 8 whatever I don't want to play (in this case, cleric). Although I'm also a fan of the 17clr, 2 art, 1 barb for the runspeed