Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar
    VillageTown of GenericLand of ThatOneContinent.

Default Partycrashers Jumping Shortcut

Sure, a lot of players might know of this one:

But what if I told you there was one that hasn't been explored (at least I hope it hasn't been, otherwise this post would be silly).

The key to it is this area right here.

Some of you might recognize this area because of the Anniversary Party event challenge/mission. Normally in that challenge we simply have to walk up ramps that connect the platforms.

Thinking back to that gave me an idea, what if I just jumped on them and get around like in the Anniversary Party?

So we jump from here...

To here...

Then turn around and onto the lion platform here...

Shortly followed up by the lioness...

To the fire giant right nearby...

Onto the airship sculpture's platform...

And last but not least make sure to get onto the walkway itself!

Ta-da!

This way you can completely avoid the mind spikes and most of the illusionary guards that can litter the area after you set off the alarm, it's also a safer-albeit slightly more finicky-way to get back to the theater, should you want to get all the optionals, or go to the viceregal office (after getting the key from the Dwarf NPC) to pick up the key for the private suites on the second floor, should you lack a lockpicker.

Much faster than walking all the way through the Illusionarium again, I'd have to say.

Do keep in mind that the ledges on these platforms can be sometimes finicky, and may require multiple tries before figuring out the right general sweetspots to latch onto.

Guards will only spawn in the first floor of the gallery if you've triggered an alarm somewhere, including that room and the doorway located near the six runes that requires high scores of each ability to activate to temporarily stop the alarms from activating.
    Just a random, forgettable NPC doing things an NPC does
    Things that NPCs do include, but are not limited to:

Having a gold goblet over my head to indicate availability of a quest
    Having a catchphrase that never really catches on
    Having various rewards that are generally not worth the trouble
    Wandering around randomly
    Giving out obvious information if it wasn't obvious enough
    Repeating the same lines over and over again

Very nice and great screenshots!

What makes the shortcut great is thst u need 12-13 total jump, and featherfall to jump to the hall without triggering mobs, same with bluff that u need 15-16

The quest has lots of ways to be completed tho, like disarming alarms and running like mad for example
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

sweet! Thanks for sharing!

I forgot about the other shortcut too...

Partycrashers is not completing for me since Cyan walks drunkenly into the first room's left corner and cannot figure out she is hitting a wall
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post

Partycrashers is not completing for me since Cyan walks drunkenly into the first room's left corner and cannot figure out she is hitting a wall
    Can’t complete quest? We’ll get to it in a later update.
    Creative jumping to avoid 10 mobs? Servers going down for invisible wall hotfix tomorrow!

Traveler of the Skies Frogger1234's Avatar

I've had this happen, too. After a long hunt to find her, I was able to talk to her in the entrance area where she got stuck. She completed all the end dialog from there, including poisoning the boss.

It's been a while since this happened, so I can't confirm that this still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger1234 View Post
    I've had this happen, too. After a long hunt to find her, I was able to talk to her in the entrance area where she got stuck. She completed all the end dialog from there, including poisoning the boss.

It's been a while since this happened, so I can't confirm that this still works.
    I tried and even had the end dialogue, then the poisoner stood hunched over...endlessly with no one to bluff him into drinking something not nice

Sorry for derail!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Funny, I only know that one, but not the first you hint at. :/

Is she still doing that since this morning's reset? That seemed to fix similar problems in The Grotto and Beyond the Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Funny, I only know that one, but not the first you hint at. :/

Is she still doing that since this morning's reset? That seemed to fix similar problems in The Grotto and Beyond the Rift.
    It's when you enter from the illusionarium and instead of going past the security checkpoint in front, you instead take a left into the theater and jump up to the seats.

Actually, I wonder if the designers intended this to be an optional path past the mind spikes or they just happened to line up perfectly in a coincidental manner.

Like, the walkways above the gallery that stretch from the upper seats of the theater have collectibles and breakables on them-as far as I remember-so I imagine players were expected to reach over there in some manner.

But did they expect players to reach up top both ways or just one.

Just in intriguing food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgettableNPC View Post
    But what if I told you there was one that hasn't been explored (at least I hope it hasn't been, otherwise this post would be silly).
    Both these (and a couple others) are listed in the Wiki article. But your images make it clear - never silly to share. (And not everyone reads the Wiki... )

(The Wiki does suggest it requires more along the lines of a 25 Jump for this. I seem to remember it's not trivial, not something that "decent Strength & a +10 pot" can pull off. Not like jumping up in the theater.)

Quote Originally Posted by ForgettableNPC View Post
    Sure, a lot of players might know of this one:

Ta-da!

This way you can completely avoid the mind spikes and most of the illusionary guards that can litter the area after you set off the alarm, it's also a safer-albeit slightly more finicky-way to get back to the theater, should you want to get all the optionals, or go to the viceregal office (after getting the key from the Dwarf NPC) to pick up the key for the private suites on the second floor, should you lack a lockpicker.

Much faster than walking all the way through the Illusionarium again, I'd have to say.

Do keep in mind that the ledges on these platforms can be sometimes finicky, and may require multiple tries before figuring out the right general sweetspots to latch onto.

Guards will only spawn in the first floor of the gallery if you've triggered an alarm somewhere, including that room and the doorway located near the six runes that requires high scores of each ability to activate to temporarily stop the alarms from activating.
    meh...

Sharing is not caring..

If players cant find these on their own they don't deserve to know about them.

Exposing these Easter eggs to the general population just forces Dev's to rewrite code and take it away.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    meh...

Sharing is not caring..

Exposing these Easter eggs to the general population just forces Dev's to rewrite code and take it away.
    I disagree--this sharing is the heart of community--Devs won't nerf this because strong toons just zerg through anyway. It is an extreme outlier, to climb up there and slip around. In fact, if they were really classy they would slip some mob up there that comments, "HOW YOU GET UP HERE?!?"

Now if it were a new quest, they would nerf it.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Inspired by the Anniversary Event I tried that yesterday - and without a high count in Jumping or a jump spell/potion/wand it is not possible. Depends of class, of course.

Note for the next try : Bring a wand or several potions of jump ...
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    meh...

Sharing is not caring..

You must be one of the folks selling ghost touch Xbows for crazy $$ on AH ... Or maybe you still have 1 million astral shards from before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.