Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Buff Inquisitive more

they are too weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    they are too weak.
    They need to increase backward run speed by 50% and make zombie form have 40% more damage, then inquisitor might be on par with Paladins
    Main toons: IronThatcher (Melee Box breaker), Mehhh (DC Sorc)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!

Perfect suggestion for this shooting game.
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    They need to increase backward run speed by 50% and make zombie form have 40% more damage, then inquisitor might be on par with Paladins
    Zombie should add 100% more damage with no alacrity penalty, heck zombie should increase ranged alacrity.

You forgot "nerf everyone better then me" which is pretty much everyone it seems like, with the amount of threads you start.

Community Member

they are too weak.
    Some time in the future, perhaps the quarter preceding the introduction of Artichemist (or whatever), but definitely just before the next ludicrously OP p2w thing...

[a Dev] We've noticed that Inquisitor is over-performing and will be making some changes (i.e. gutting the DPS)
    [a poster ] Finally...
    [b poster ] noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
    [a poster ] I savor the salty sweetness of your tears
    [c poster ] Merge servers!
    [d poster ] Buh-buh-buh-but what about melees?!!!!
    [b poster ] 'A' is an exploiter, I want my DPS back!
    [e poster ] This is a wise move on SSG's part, because we were always at war with East Asia
    and so on....

Some more people will fall (or jump) off the hamster wheel and the grind will continue.

----

And since I'm in the mood for prognosticating, here is my prediction on SSG's corrupt-a-wish for something that's on plenty of people's wish lists - psionics.

Psionics will not be a class. Psionics will be 3-6 universal trees with a separate XP advancement. XP will be only be earned by killing Reapers. Progression will something along the lines of 10-100 reapers = 1 Psionic XP, AP's in the Psion trees will follow a logarithmic curve. By the 4th AP, the XP/AP curve is basically flat. I could go on, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Just remember, it's not a grind, it's a new challenge for the most elite players!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    You forgot "nerf everyone better then me" which is pretty much everyone it seems like, with the amount of threads you start.
    Right?

Community Member

Please, there's nobody better than me.

Please, there's nobody better than me.
    Clearly then, you're way past due for a nerf...

Community Member

I believe I've played with Kaboom - he's pretty good. Maybe I'll get to play with you when they merge servers. It'll be lots of fun.

Inquisitive is a joke. I don't think the DPS is necessarily better than a well built melee but they don't have to close to melee distance and they don't have to take face-damage. If you think kiting mobs around in circles while your teammates either do the same or stuff their hands in their pockets is fun then I don't know why you're playing an MMO. I mean, unless you're a petulant child whose main goal is to feel superior to everyone by kiting mobs around in circles while everyone else shoves their hands in their pockets and mopes? It kinda sounds like you're that type of person. "Better than me." Pfft.

When I played with Kaboom he was an Inquisitive and was leading the kill count by a solid margin. If Kaboom is who I think he is I'd argue that his criticism of Inquisitive speaks volumes towards his integrity as a player who would like everyone to enjoy their experience. That's just me though. Maybe you're right and he should just git gud and on yer level.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arlandan View Post
    I believe I've played with Kaboom - he's pretty good. Maybe I'll get to play with you when they merge servers. It'll be lots of fun.

Inquisitive is a joke. I don't think the DPS is necessarily better than a well built melee but they don't have to close to melee distance and they don't have to take face-damage. If you think kiting mobs around in circles while your teammates either do the same or stuff their hands in their pockets is fun then I don't know why you're playing an MMO. I mean, unless you're a petulant child whose main goal is to feel superior to everyone by kiting mobs around in circles while everyone else shoves their hands in their pockets and mopes? It kinda sounds like you're that type of person. "Better than me." Pfft.

When I played with Kaboom he was an Inquisitive and was leading the kill count by a solid margin. If Kaboom is who I think he is I'd argue that his criticism of Inquisitive speaks volumes towards his integrity as a player who would like everyone to enjoy their experience. That's just me though. Maybe you're right and he should just git gud and on yer level.
    My main character's name on Khyber is KOboom, and I was surprised when I got asked whether we were the same person.

I'm someone that mostly plays Inquisitive, and I do agree they're pretty overwhelming. This is a global tree that entirely outpaces many, MANY class trees, something that I don't think is good for any kind of balanced design space.

I play Inquisitives because before it was released, I was known as "The Crossbow Guy", by all my friends. Any build that used crossbows, I did. Paladin Holy Sword'ed Crossbow? Tried it the next TR after they changed the spell. Arcane Archer repeater user? Did it! EK crossbows? All par for the course, before AND after the EK changes.
    I'm still playing Inquisitive to test out the limits of the build, and to get fast racial PLs.

Nerfing inquisitive is necessary for the game's balance and health. People have had their fun. Please don't let the Meta keep devolving.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Lagwipe Log, Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    Nerfing inquisitive is necessary for the game's balance and health. People have had their fun. Please don't let the Meta keep devolving.
    Ooh, there's still people on your server?

You've forgotten another proud member of this shooting game. Sorc.
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Default Stop the Zynga tactics

So back to exploit hard and early?

Things like this erode the trust we have in the devs and the integrity with which the game is designed.

Can we freaking stop with the bait and switch, the constant meta switches, the destruction of multiclass in favor of whatever new cookie cutter meta they want to push?

They wanted us to TR so they gave us those absolutely ughhh* racial PLs and reaper XP was way better in heroics (for years?) than in epics.
    They wanted to sell warlock so they made it broken good, and then nerfed certain archetypes to the freaking ground (hello melee warlock ES?).
    They release a race (tiefling) that is the perfect racial grinder (sorc combo with fast immunity breaking previous to lvl 20).
    They release a universal tree (inquisitive), that is better than most class trees and makes it the perfect class PL grinder, aside from being broken good at all levels (heroics and epics).
    Soon they will release an excessive (their own words) amount of spells for alchemist, when we have needed a spell pass for years (the vast majority of spells in DDO are absolutely useless).

If you want to get the rewards with the rest of the crowd, pursue that meta like a freaking lemming.

STOP RELEASING BROKEN THINGS! No one, absolutely no one, trusts your internal balance tests and your open statements about what is OP and isn't. Tempest is now OP because it has both high single and multi target DPS? And it wasn't OP when you released that tree and the masses flocked to tempest? You cannot ask us to trust you and then freaking backpedal constantly, release and then criticize and nerf.

I just want to play a relatively balanced content focuses DnD game for old times' sake, and I bet that people like me are a sizeable part of the community. Can we please stop with the Zynga approach to development?

*Backloaded, universally good (vs previous selected PLs), can be grinded in easy buttons (pick the most OP easy button for heroics).

Quote Originally Posted by Pyed-Pyper View Post
    <snip>

----

And since I'm in the mood for prognosticating, here is my prediction on SSG's corrupt-a-wish for something that's on plenty of people's wish lists - psionics.

Psionics will not be a class. Psionics will be 3-6 universal trees with a separate XP advancement. XP will be only be earned by killing Reapers. Progression will something along the lines of 10-100 reapers = 1 Psionic XP, AP's in the Psion trees will follow a logarithmic curve. By the 4th AP, the XP/AP curve is basically flat. I could go on, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Just remember, it's not a grind, it's a new challenge for the most elite players!
    I'm thinking 2 years? You?
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post

STOP RELEASING BROKEN THINGS!
    I fear the entire business model is built around this though.

Unlikely to change

Was Vistani as popular as Inquisitive when released? Especially, before the nerfs?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arlandan View Post
    That wasn't me. But my critique is still valid.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by draven1 View Post
    You've forgotten another proud member of this shooting game. Sorc.
    SHHSSSS!!!!! Sorc is completely fair and balanced . . .

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast