Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 128
  1. #1
    Community Member count_spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,391

    Default When are melee going to be removed from game?

    They have been completly nuetered in the game.

    Paladins, fighters barbs and monks are essentially a trap for returning and new players who enjoy the playstyle but will find it very difficult. When i post lfms i hardly have any melee join anymore. The devs have made it perfectly clear they dont care for that playstyle. Why not just remove them and be done with it?
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Ow! Suddenly I seem to be falsetto.

    But yes, "Boston, we have a problem."

  3. #3
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    20,124

    Default

    Soon™.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .58335.

  4. #4
    Community Member LTForge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    75

    Default Agreed

    While they're at it they should remove pure classes, 95% of the spells, 95% of the bows and crossbows, the entire stealth mechanic, Arcane Spell Failure, low-level guilds, the entire Heroic level range, about 75% of the dungeons, unconsciousness range-- nah I can't do this with a straight face.

    Yeah melee at endgame is harder than playing a spell-caster or a ranged character, and many of the top-tier meta builds are of those archetypes, but honestly Melee as a whole is plenty of fun to play and being melee doesn't make you automatically bad. For that matter neither does being non-meta. Less effective, does not mean ineffective.

    Don't get me wrong I'd love to see a few sprinkles of buffs thrown the way of Melee here and there for the styles that are drastically under-performing and I love criticism, but this kind of post doesn't do anything useful. Bring forward evidence of global performance being bad and offer useful suggestions so that the devs can actually action on what you perceive to be a problem and you'll likely see a much better response from developers and community alike.

  5. #5

    Default

    I dont understand this thread. Melee work fine with a tank and/or healer in the group. If they ARE the tank even better, spot heal them and things go soo much faster.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anuulified View Post
    I dont understand this thread. Melee work fine with a tank and/or healer in the group. If they ARE the tank even better, spot heal them and things go soo much faster.
    I think I see the source of your misunderstanding: players group.

  7. #7
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Good melees seem to do really well.

    I am not a good melee.

    Currently I am running a WF FVS and I am having fun chasing a good melee through a dungeon, hitting what they hit and tossing a cure here or there.

    Seems to be working pretty well.

    Just doing Heroics at the moment, but I duoed a most of the Vale/Shroud flagging quest on R3+ with 2 different players, one was a Paladin and one was a Barbarian. And by duo, I meant they carried me.

    I am aware that R3 level 16 quest is not end game, but it seems to work pretty well.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  8. #8

    Default

    DDO is a shooting game now.
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    85

    Default

    i think they should making kiting harder. because its not just sorc/wl/xbow kill things way faster they also way easier to stay alive there really not much reason to play melee before the patch and cant belive they nerfed it again while buffing inquisitive even more by buffing shiradi with the patch

  10. #10
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Controversial opinion time!

    Melee is fine if you are good at the game and can play the role right, if you can't play it well it won't work out for you. So git gud and melee is good

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    Controversial opinion time!

    Melee is fine if you are good at the game and can play the role right, if you can't play it well it won't work out for you. So git gud and melee is good
    doest matter how "good" u r if 90% the time u just running after things that other ppl r kiting its not gon be much fun.

  12. #12
    Community Member Retired_Old_Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead
    Posts
    7,088

    Default

    OP is half right. OP is half wrong.

    Live servers, where all the min/max power creep PL over the top toons are. Melee's are something people run for completionist lives.

    Hardcore League server. I run a pure strength based thf kensai, And I have only been outgunned a few times by efficient caster players. I wont mention my build, name or anything, but rest assured, my melees (and anyone proficient w/ one) are leading kill counts all day long.

    Take the comical dual welding x-bows, all the FotM min/max builds that are generating revenue, and OP is correct. Melees suck wind (like reaper)

    Go to a server where that power creep hasn't developed (yet), where those cutsie x-bow users are smashing crates for something to do while well built and played melees are sharing their respective space at the top of the hill. And OP is wrong.


  13. #13
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by concavenator View Post
    doest matter how "good" u r if 90% the time u just running after things that other ppl r kiting its not gon be much fun.
    Yea that isn't fun, but you can run in first and grab aggro and stun things.

  14. #14
    Community Member CaptainPurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    WTS


  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    OP is half right. OP is half wrong.

    Live servers, where all the min/max power creep PL over the top toons are. Melee's are something people run for completionist lives.

    Hardcore League server. I run a pure strength based thf kensai, And I have only been outgunned a few times by efficient caster players. I wont mention my build, name or anything, but rest assured, my melees (and anyone proficient w/ one) are leading kill counts all day long.

    Take the comical dual welding x-bows, all the FotM min/max builds that are generating revenue, and OP is correct. Melees suck wind (like reaper)

    Go to a server where that power creep hasn't developed (yet), where those cutsie x-bow users are smashing crates for something to do while well built and played melees are sharing their respective space at the top of the hill. And OP is wrong.

    If it's bad on live it's bad on HC. And as someone that's just gotten a THF pure Kensei build 1-27 in the last few days I can tell you they're absolutely garbage. Garbage leveling and even worse at cap.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    Yea that isn't fun, but you can run in first and grab aggro and stun things.
    Good luck with that. Good luck keeping up with the rogue speed advantage and then even more luck getting attack bonus to high enough levels to not have fails when you roll a 7 on your attack and your hits graze.

    Still liking or wanting to play melee is one thing but to pretend as though the footing is remotely equal is insane. Ranged and casters are better DPS and more survivable.

  16. #16
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    233

    Default

    I'd argue unless it is a specific inquisitive build, melee is still gonna out dps pretty much any caster or ranged toon, yes they will lose in the burst competetion but that is a given, and melee survivability is pretty good depending what you run. Not sure what casters and ranged toons are winning out in defenses vs melees, I suppose if they are good enough at kiting they could be more survivable in a sense but the second they get caught they get splattered.

  17. #17
    Community Member CaptainPurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    As someone who is currently leveling a Tempest in another window right now, I feel your pain.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    I'd argue unless it is a specific inquisitive build, melee is still gonna out dps pretty much any caster or ranged toon, yes they will lose in the burst competetion but that is a given, and melee survivability is pretty good depending what you run. Not sure what casters and ranged toons are winning out in defenses vs melees, I suppose if they are good enough at kiting they could be more survivable in a sense but the second they get caught they get splattered.
    most warlocks can almost be main tank themselves so no they dont get splattered the second they get caught

  19. #19
    Community Member MrTrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by concavenator View Post
    most warlocks can almost be main tank themselves so no they dont get splattered the second they get caught

    But what about sorcs and wizzys? Unless you gear really well your defenses won't be anything special or comparable to a melee. And if that lock is near the tankiness of a main tank then I assume they will either use tentacles or just shield block while people kill the mobs.

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    But what about sorcs and wizzys? Unless you gear really well your defenses won't be anything special or comparable to a melee. And if that lock is near the tankiness of a main tank then I assume they will either use tentacles or just shield block while people kill the mobs.
    sorcs r pretty glass cannon thats true, wiz r getting tankyer with the new pale tree and a few points in ek. its not hard for wl to be cc dps and tanky all roll in one. they can out aoe dps any melee if there r more than 1 mob, they be as tanky as a dps melee and be almost as tank as a main tank if they switch to shield and do alot more dps than tank melee with aura, on top of that they can cc.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload