Community Member

Default Wizard TR : Spell Option Bug

Hi Devs, when my friend last TR'd into a Wizard as a Level 1 from an Level 30 Cleric, he did not have the full list of spells to choose from and was missing options for Expeditious Retreat, Shield, Nightshield and Jump. I suggested that he restart character creation, which seemed to fix it for him, but was a major inconvenience.

So, I recently TR'd into a Deep Gnome Wizard 15 and I got something similar, but in my case I only had 3 spells to choose from (and had 8 to pick). In this case, I lost 5 spells from character creation, which put me behind on some needed spells. Restarted my reincarnation didn't fix it for me, but I got different sets of 3 spells each time I restarted.

Please look into this during TR as I prefer to TR into a Wizard over all other classes.

Note : This doesn't happen to us during ETR, just during Heroic True Reincarnation

Thanks!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tcosta1982 View Post
    Hi Devs, when my friend last TR'd into a Wizard as a Level 1 from an Level 30 Cleric, he did not have the full list of spells to choose from and was missing options for Expeditious Retreat, Shield, Nightshield and Jump. I suggested that he restart character creation, which seemed to fix it for him, but was a major inconvenience.

So, I recently TR'd into a Deep Gnome Wizard 15 and I got something similar, but in my case I only had 3 spells to choose from (and had 8 to pick). In this case, I lost 5 spells from character creation, which put me behind on some needed spells. Restarted my reincarnation didn't fix it for me, but I got different sets of 3 spells each time I restarted.

Please look into this during TR as I prefer to TR into a Wizard over all other classes.

Note : This doesn't happen to us during ETR, just during Heroic True Reincarnation

Thanks!
    This happens with Artificers as well. I think it happens with the two classes that can scribe spells. When you're level 1 building your character via the character creator, the game "remembers" which spells you had in your prior life. It won't let you select any spells you already have when you're choosing spells at level up. Once you make your character (get out of the builder screen and into Korthos), then your spell list is wiped (other than the spells you selected) and you can proceed as normal.

It's very obvious with an Artificer as you can easily have all the first level spells scribed and when you do a TR, you can't select anything from the list. A bit of a pain in the butt as when I do quick turn TRs, I like to select the spells that I'm going to use so I don't have to visit the portable hole and scribe spells for 15 minutes after spending 30 minutes pulling stuff out of my TR Cache/Bank and setting up my hotbars before I can start playing the game again.

So, to recap, any class that scribes spells, it appears that the game "remembers" that you knew that spell in your prior past life when you TR while selecting your new spells in the "create a character" interface. This issue doesn't exist in the "shadow zone" that you go to when you Epic TR, nor does it exist at any of your class trainers after you arrive in Korthos. Just at "create a new character" after either HTR, ITR, or RTR.

This an interesting bug and I agree based on the responses it seems to effect those that can inscribe spells.

Now, I personally have not encountered this and every two or so weeks I TR my wizard.

So I'm trying to see if there is a difference in the steps I generally take and those that have experienced this.

Every life I learn every spell available. Since I alternate between multiple characters I can collect scrolls that are not vendor available and between that and the selection I have all spells by the time I hit 20.

For those experiencing this, do you also learn every spell? I realize this may be hard to remember but is the count of available spells in the character creation match the number of spells you inscribed or the number of spells you didn't inscribe for the 1st level pool?

I'm curious if the issue may be related to the process of letting the system know what spells should be on the list and if leaving a count from the previous life such as you know 8 of the 20 spells is possibly causing an issue in that it thinks you already know 8 spells so only show you the rest.

I use to do 3*wiz in a row, and the game doesn't remember what you had memorized, only does so in ER, the rest of tr wipe the toon clear so that makes no sense, unless it's random bug (like losing some/all stuff from cache, it's nothing u could replicate)

I use to learn all spells from lvl 6 and below (due to inscribing+lvling selections) and everytime all spells appear as an option when creating

The sad thing is resetting the client didn't fix it for you, but since they're lvl 1*spells it's not like a big deal

EDIT: i forgot LR, it also keeps your spells
    Last edited by psykopeta; 08-23-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tcosta1982 View Post

Thanks!
    +1

New Gnome character at level 5 cant see level 3 spell list at all just the empty slots to the right. This is the HC server btw.

Edit: Going to reset the character with the lesser heart to see if it fixes it.

Reset and cant see the full spell list in character creation screen either. In my case the spells i had selected up to level 4 arent showing.
    Last edited by Coffey; 08-23-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Community Member

So i went forward and created the charater again and added 8 spells at level 1 even though there werent amy that i needed in the remaining spells. By doing so it allowed me to get t the char rolling again. I added in spells up to level 4 again none showing up that i had selected before the char reset. Level 5 worked and i was able to select a Wizard feat and two spells. Got Haste and Displacement and went to my favorite pub and added in the new spell no problems

Edit: I will post if anything happens with the char tonight in my travels.
    Last edited by Coffey; 08-23-2019 at 07:45 PM.