Community Member

Default Challenges in HCL

Does anyone know if challenges are level capped the same as quests? The level 15 quests to achieve 6 stars need to be done by lvl 19? Or can be done later?

Not a clue. Challenges have always been weird.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I saw in a chat somewhere that challenges are not or might not be limited by level lock.
    Unverified, unconfirmed, and don't remember source or full quote.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Epic Toons cannot enter heroic challenges even if they are within four levels of such.
    Tested on our Openguild channel.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Also looking at error message, it is quite possible challenges are level +4 lockout.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Also looking at error message, it is quite possible challenges are level +4 lockout.
    This should be easy enough to test. Take a level 9+ character and try to enter a level 4 challenge. There is no risk testing this because, if you can't get in, you can still do it on a higher level setting. If a level 15 (or even 19) can enter a level 4 challenge then you can safely get 5 stars on any challenge by doing it when way over level (you'll just be missing out on the 6th star because you are not doing it at the max difficulty setting).

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    This should be easy enough to test. Take a level 9+ character and try to enter a level 4 challenge. There is no risk testing this because, if you can't get in, you can still do it on a higher level setting. If a level 15 (or even 19) can enter a level 4 challenge then you can safely get 5 stars on any challenge by doing it when way over level (you'll just be missing out on the 6th star because you are not doing it at the max difficulty setting).
    Anybody? Can we enter level 4 min challenges as a level 9?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Anybody? Can we enter level 4 min challenges as a level 9?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    Yes.
    Just had someone on the Hardcore server, a level 11, say he could not get into the min level 4 challenges no matter what he set the level at.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Just had someone on the Hardcore server, a level 11, say he could not get into the min level 4 challenges no matter what he set the level at.
    EDIT: Yep they're borked.
    Last edited by Deathdefy; 08-27-2019 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Don't trust I could get into Kobold Chaos at 10 - think I could though!
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

I do not know about 9, but I was 14 trying to farm for gear and could not get into any of the base challenges that have a 4-15 range, at any level setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    I do not know about 9, but I was 14 trying to farm for gear and could not get into any of the base challenges that have a 4-15 range, at any level setting.
    I'm 12 now - will go in and recall out to test!

You're totally right. I'm not allowed into Kobold Chaos or Circles of Power; didn't test Behind the Door. Damn. Editing original post to clarify this - but I'm so sure I could get in at 10! I'm obviously now massively second guessing myself and wondering if I only did Colossal Crystals, Buying Time and another Kobold one.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Guild chat agrees with the lockout of level 4 to _ is at 4+4=8.