Default Quests you should ABSOLUTELY skip

So, I did some math, and here's a list of quests you should ABSOLUTELY skip in your road to 5000 favor. There's a total of 6401 favor available in the game (not including Project Nemesis, because it doesn't have a listed total favor yet). The ones I recommend you skip here amount to 785 favor, so there is still plenty of room to skip a few more if you just don't like them, but these are all quests and raids that will be punishingly difficult to run or involve mechanics that can splatter you without warning.

Raids (no brainer):
    To Hot To Handle
    The Curse of Strahd
    Old Baba's Hut
    Killing Time
    Riding the Storm Out
    The Legendary Shroud
    Legendary Hound of Xoriat
    Legendary Tempest Spine
    Defiler of the Just
    Temple of the Deathwyrm
    Fire on Thunder Peak
    The Mark of Death
    The Fall of Truth
    Caught in the Web
    Lord of Blades
    Master Artificer
    Tower of Despair
    The Shroud
    Accursed Ascension

Quests:
    A Study in Sable
    Brothers of the Forge
    Terminal Delerium
    Precious Cargo
    In the Demon's Den
    A New Invasion
    The Dreaming Dark
    Monastery of the Scorpion
    Enter the Kobold
    Prey on the Hunter
    Stealer of Souls

There are plenty of others you might want to skip, like skipping the Titan raid, and there's room to do that, but keep these quests in mind when you plan your path to 5k favor.

I would suggest skipping any freaking quest with a poison trap as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default kudos

I was thinking of such a list last night as I plot my way forward.

There are some low level quests that can be quite challenging as well:

Proof is in the Poison
    Taming the Flames
    Freshen the Air
    ToEE, part 2
    Slavers, part 3
    Invaders or any quest with beholders (suddenly, beholders seem really, really scary again ... especially when I can't googles to drop from Tangleroot).
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Just removing the quests mentioned in the original post, you lose 750 favor, you are left with a total possible favor of 5498, Don't skip too many more. Be sure to count any you skipped and are too high level to get back into now.
    Choler 30 Brd 5PLs | Enmity 30 Clr | Exasperate 30 Sor | Ferocity 30Pal 13PLs | Furyous 30Inq Heroic/Epic Completionist 82PLs | Hiddin 20Mnk 2PL | Infuryated 30War 6PL | Retributive 20Dru 2PL | Vehemence 30Rog Completionist 35PLs | Vehement 10Pal 3Mnk 1Rog | Vexate 30Wiz Heroic/Epic Completionist 49PLs | Violence 30Clr Heroic/Epic/Racial Completionist 94PLs

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I would suggest skipping any freaking quest with a poison trap as well
    My Bladeforged Paladin SCOFFS at poison traps.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Opening up the casual difficulty for raids would have been a much better solution. Since all the whiners are just complaining about not being able to play through the content they paid for. Just give them their casual difficulty. Since they are just a bunch of casuals.

Proud Member of the Bunch of Casuals Club!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    Just removing the quests mentioned in the original post, you lose 750 favor, you are left with a total possible favor of 5498, Don't skip too many more. Be sure to count any you skipped and are too high level to get back into now.
    I've been doing absolutely every quest on elite thus far, holding levels to get favor. Hence why I'm on the leaderboard.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    I've been doing absolutely every quest on elite thus far, holding levels to get favor. Hence why I'm on the leaderboard.
    I was trying to do the same but got locked out before I knew of the explorer area issue and was too high level for the quests once they fixed it
    Choler 30 Brd 5PLs | Enmity 30 Clr | Exasperate 30 Sor | Ferocity 30Pal 13PLs | Furyous 30Inq Heroic/Epic Completionist 82PLs | Hiddin 20Mnk 2PL | Infuryated 30War 6PL | Retributive 20Dru 2PL | Vehemence 30Rog Completionist 35PLs | Vehement 10Pal 3Mnk 1Rog | Vexate 30Wiz Heroic/Epic Completionist 49PLs | Violence 30Clr Heroic/Epic/Racial Completionist 94PLs

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

The Phiarlan quest of Gnomon. I think its name is "Purge the heterics". I hate that, still, after so many years. Because of itsstory. I don't go for xp if I hate a quest.

I must admit, though, that the devs made a great job with that - story-wise. Not many quests got me stirred up that much !
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    The Phiarlan quest of Gnomon. I think its name is "Purge the heterics". I hate that, still, after so many years. Because of itsstory. I don't go for xp if I hate a quest.

I must admit, though, that the devs made a great job with that - story-wise. Not many quests got me stirred up that much !
    You read NPC dialogues? Lolwut!

Community Member

Talking

legendary tempest is easy.

I'm #7 on the leaderboard, I don't see Psychoblonde.

ive completed all quests through up to lvl 10, only missing kobold assault (missed it before level) and TOEE 1&2.

Ive done every quest that can be reaper, on reaper , except chronoscope I did as E (edit - derp not EE) raid.

P.S. I'm the best
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    legendary tempest is easy.

ive completed all quests through up to lvl 10, only missing kobold assault (missed it before level) and TOEE 1&2.

Ive done every quest that can be reaper, on reaper , except chronoscope I did as E (edit - derp not EE) raid.

P.S. I'm the best
    How much have you spent on the store in heal pots, mana pots and other things? I am not saying I am holier than thou, I have spent my fair share, mostly on rogue hirelings because traps scare me now on my no evasion cleric. And I am sceeered of grouping due to the few people who take pleasure in the deaths of their fellow players.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    How much have you spent on the store in heal pots, mana pots and other things? I am not saying I am holier than thou, I have spent my fair share, mostly on rogue hirelings because traps scare me now on my no evasion cleric. And I am sceeered of grouping due to the few people who take pleasure in the deaths of their fellow players.

I dunno, i don't keep track of that, or of how much plat i spend on pots or auction house or any other small details in game regarding consumables I use. Make me a spreadsheet ~_~

Edit - higher levels you run into some decent players, I ran with the same group of randos for 5 hours this morning. It's nice at this point meeting players from other servers who I don't hate with my whole being.

edit #2 - now to start all over, darn you black n blue dragon dot. Quest was finished to, bummer.
    Last edited by Vorachtin; 08-23-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

It's nice at this point meeting players from other servers who I don't hate with my whole being.
    Don't need a spreadsheet to keep track of these 3 people

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Komradkillingmachine View Post
    You read NPC dialogues? Lolwut!
    Trying to troll me ?
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Because everyone uses their forum handle as their character name, yup.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    I was thinking of such a list last night as I plot my way forward.

There are some low level quests that can be quite challenging as well:

Proof is in the Poison
    Taming the Flames
    Freshen the Air
    ToEE, part 2
    Slavers, part 3
    Invaders or any quest with beholders (suddenly, beholders seem really, really scary again ... especially when I can't googles to drop from Tangleroot).
    Wouldn't the beholders AM field strip the deathward spell?

I'd say skip ToEE part 2. Part one is fine.
    That one delirium quest with the room with all those eyes in it.

Quest people hesitate to do or rather skip:
    Slavers,
    WPM (the whole pack nowadays),
    Invaders

Community Member

Some of the quests in the first post could be done on Normal or Hard for some favour; it's not Elite or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Trying to troll me ?
    Sorry, no. I was dead serious.

So, I did some math, and here's a list of quests you should ABSOLUTELY skip in your road to 5000 favor. There's a total of 6401 favor available in the game (not including Project Nemesis, because it doesn't have a listed total favor yet). The ones I recommend you skip here amount to 785 favor, so there is still plenty of room to skip a few more if you just don't like them, but these are all quests and raids that will be punishingly difficult to run or involve mechanics that can splatter you without warning.

Raids (no brainer):
    To Hot To Handle
    The Curse of Strahd
    Old Baba's Hut
    Killing Time
    Riding the Storm Out
    The Legendary Shroud
    Legendary Hound of Xoriat
    Legendary Tempest Spine
    Defiler of the Just
    Temple of the Deathwyrm
    Fire on Thunder Peak
    The Mark of Death
    The Fall of Truth
    Caught in the Web
    Lord of Blades
    Master Artificer
    Tower of Despair
    The Shroud
    Accursed Ascension

Quests:
    A Study in Sable
    Brothers of the Forge
    Terminal Delerium
    Precious Cargo
    In the Demon's Den
    A New Invasion
    The Dreaming Dark
    Monastery of the Scorpion
    Enter the Kobold
    Prey on the Hunter
    Stealer of Souls

There are plenty of others you might want to skip, like skipping the Titan raid, and there's room to do that, but keep these quests in mind when you plan your path to 5k favor.
    I don't see a problem with 1/3 of the raids (KT, LHoX, LTS, ToDw, FoTP, LoD, MA, Brothers, Precious, Demon's Den, Monastery) if your group is cautious and plan ahead. Same with the quests. And you have the option to do them on norm or hard. You've got a good cushion on favor points and don't have to do them but the challenge is fun. So I would refrain from using "ABSOLUTELY" in those cases.

I would add ToEE part 2 though. Even on Epic Norm with a farmed destiny it seems to be a gamble.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)