Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Love the boots... Don't change them!

What's the point of the artifact with Combat Mastery/Tactics +18 though?

If you care about tactics, you're going to have +23 to Stun from a Sharn ring, or +22 Vertigo and +22 Stunning from the Ravenloft Belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Hmmm I see the undead get medium armour option for their set but the other two sets don't? Seems a bit odd particularly the profane experiment set which would seem to be more aimed at Artificers as much as anything else given the pieces give benefits to traps etc as well as ranged/melee and spellpower (set bonus) and that arties gain medium armour proficiency automatically.

As for experiment garb - which armour is it the same as? The generic armour with healing bonus or the spellcaster orientated one. I'm assuming the spellcaster one. In previous sets the reason given for not being able to get medium armour was that you had to give up dps/spell casting ability to use the more protective armour, but the undead set doesn't really seem to reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    Hmmm I see the undead get medium armour option for their set but the other two sets don't? Seems a bit odd particularly the profane experiment set which would seem to be more aimed at Artificers as much as anything else given the pieces give benefits to traps etc as well as ranged/melee and spellpower (set bonus) and that arties gain medium armour proficiency automatically.

As for experiment garb - which armour is it the same as? The generic armour with healing bonus or the spellcaster orientated one. I'm assuming the spellcaster one. In previous sets the reason given for not being able to get medium armour was that you had to give up dps/spell casting ability to use the more protective armour, but the undead set doesn't really seem to reflect that.
    The entire point of the feywild set was to be a light armor option for bards/warlocks and some sorcerers because of time/loot constraints in the sharn expansion. Medium armor shouldn't be an option because it's not geared towards enlightened spirit warlocks, but spellcasting-focused bards/warlocks. Medium armor warlocks have several options, already, and light armor bards/warlocks got almost nothing in the first sets.

The undead get medium armor due to the pale master tree having synergy with the eldritch knight tree (by design, via Steelstar).

The experimental garb is geared towards the alchemist class, which isn't in the game yet, but they needed their own set, too.
    Last edited by HastyPudding; 08-22-2019 at 07:24 PM.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Community Member QueenOfTheHook's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    The entire point of the feywild set was to be a light armor option for bards/warlocks and some sorcerers because of time/loot constraints in the sharn expansion. Medium armor shouldn't be an option because it's not geared towards enlightened spirit warlocks, but spellcasting-focused bards/warlocks. Medium armor warlocks have several options, already, and light armor bards/warlocks got almost nothing in the first sets.

The undead get medium armor due to the pale master tree having synergy with the eldritch knight tree (by design, via Steelstar).

The experimental garb is geared towards the alchemist class, which isn't in the game yet, but they needed their own set, too.
    So... wizards who should be casting in cloth get a medium option because it has synergy with their EK tree, but warlocks/bard who also get medium armor in their trees shouldn't have the same option? We aren't asking for them to change it to medium only, but to also include a medium option in the other set as well.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheHook View Post
    So... wizards who should be casting in cloth get a medium option because it has synergy with their EK tree, but warlocks/bard who also get medium armor in their trees shouldn't have the same option? We aren't asking for them to change it to medium only, but to also include a medium option in the other set as well.
    Again, the entire point is a light armor set for casters, not medium. There's several medium sets already, but no light sets. This is why the set is being made. They wouldn't give us light armor in the Esoteric set because it was too much power. I'm sure that's their same reasoning behind why there's no medium feywild set.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Again, the entire point is a light armor set for casters, not medium. There's several medium sets already, but no light sets. This is why the set is being made. They wouldn't give us light armor in the Esoteric set because it was too much power. I'm sure that's their same reasoning behind why there's no medium feywild set.
    But medium in the Undead set isn't overpowered? Hmmmm.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

How would it possibly be overpowered? We are talking about a small about of survivability here. None of these classes will be tanks.

As for the argument of there being plenty of med armor caster sets is just plain wrong. Right now there are 3. 1 for Arties, 1 for Undead, 1 for Divines and Enlightened Warlocks. None of those do anything for a Bard. I would argue that if it is an option for the intended class(es), it should be an option in the armor. Really we are just talking about letting Warchanter bards wear the bard armor, and secondarily Enlightened Fey or GoO warlocks, and another option for EK wizards. It's hardly going to break the game to let them use the sets intended for their classes in all the armor types easily attainable by said classes. It's great they are supporting light armor for light armored casters, but there is no reason to not allow for med armor too as there are plenty of builds that would want to use it. It's not like heavy is on the table here, as that would require multiclassing. Medium armor is easily attainable for the classes the set is intended to be used for.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    But medium in the Undead set isn't overpowered? Hmmmm.
    Not saying that I'm necessarily against medium armors for sets but what possibly could be so overpowered about them for classes who lack medium armor max dex investment, like wizard?

Getting back to the max dex of a light armor is a huge investment (again, especially for classes who lack such bonus) and surely 10-15 PRR isn't worth the loss of 10-12% dodge chances...
    not even mentioning the loss of the possibility to have access to evasion...
    Last edited by PublicEnemy; 08-24-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    Not saying that I'm necessarily against medium armors for sets but what possibly could be so overpowered about them for classes who lack medium armor max dex investment, like wizard?

Getting back to the max dex of a light armor is a huge investment (again, especially for classes who lack such bonus) and surely 10-15 PRR isn't worth the loss of 10-12% dodge chances...
    not even mentioning the loss of the possibility to have access to evasion...
    I'm not against Medium armor in a Palemaster aimed set. I'm just shaking my head at the hand-waving nonsense of it all. Before Sharn debuted we had numerous, numerous pages of feedback indicating many players would like a Light Armor option in the caster set particularly because two whole classes of arcane casters get light armor proficiency with no arcane spell failure at character creation. Zero enhancement points spent. But oh no, we can't have that, because the devs and some players have decided that if you are a caster that focuses on casting damage thou shalt wear robes! because light armor would just be too OP! So a whole new set had to be created to give those that prefer to wear the light armor that comes innately with their class proficiences an option. But here comes Palemaster, a very spell focused caster being given not just robes and light armor option, but also medium. So... just to be clear I'm not against anyone being given the option to wear whatever armor fits their playstyle best. I'm against being told by other players that my choices (made at character creation and as per PnP rules) are OP, and that casters should be pigeon-holed into wearing robes if they want the best casting options but its okay for one of the strongest casting archetypes of all to have all the options.

I just want fairness. Again to be clear I don't necessarily feel I was previously being treated unfairly by the devs but more so from fellow players who took it upon themselves to pass judgement that ALL arcane casters should be forced to wear robes if they wanted the best set bonus for their casting. I could have accepted a Raid Robe that fit the set but was better than the basic set armor choices as long as there had been choices.

But to now, only a couple months later be discussing whether or not Medium could be okay or not for a Palemaster set... just seems... ridiculous, spurious, absurd? I'm having difficulty articulating exactly what I think of this topic. *sigh*

PublicEnemy this vent was not aimed at you so much as just an attempt to answer your question with a stream of thought.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post

I just want fairness. Again to be clear I don't necessarily feel I was previously being treated unfairly by the devs but more so from fellow players who took it upon themselves to pass judgement that ALL arcane casters should be forced to wear robes if they wanted the best set bonus for their casting. I could have accepted a Raid Robe that fit the set but was better than the basic set armor choices as long as there had been choices.
    Funny thing is that Esoteric Initiate set is not even the best dps set for some casters, especially Tiefling casters.

Robes:
    Exceptional Universal Spell Power +30
    Exceptional Spell Lore +15
    Esoteric Initiate Set Bonus:
    +50 Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Power

Flamecleansed Set Bonus:
    +50 Artifact bonus to Fire, Force, Light and Positive Spell Power
    +10% Artifact bonus to Fire, Force, Light and Positive Spell Crit Chance

Clouded Dreams:
    Exceptional Universal Spell Power +20
    Exceptional Spell Lore +10

So in total you lose 10 spell power but gain 5% crit chance and higher PRR/MRR. Most casters usually specialize in one element so the crit chance tends to give more value than spell power.
    The same is also true for Arcsteel Battlemage and Hruit's Influence.

These set have a higher chance to hit the 100% crit chance to be able to always do double damaged when target fails a save on a Tiefling.

The only other thing Esoteric Initiate gains is 0.5 spell DC and +3 Cha/Int and +4 Spell DC is slightly higher than +4 Cha/Int/Wis and +3 Spell DC from other sets.

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    Funny thing is that Esoteric Initiate set is not even the best dps set for some casters, especially Tiefling casters.

Robes:
    Exceptional Universal Spell Power +30
    Exceptional Spell Lore +15
    Esoteric Initiate Set Bonus:
    +50 Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Power

Flamecleansed Set Bonus:
    +50 Artifact bonus to Fire, Force, Light and Positive Spell Power
    +10% Artifact bonus to Fire, Force, Light and Positive Spell Crit Chance

Clouded Dreams:
    Exceptional Universal Spell Power +20
    Exceptional Spell Lore +10

So in total you lose 10 spell power but gain 5% crit chance and higher PRR/MRR. Most casters usually specialize in one element so the crit chance tends to give more value than spell power.
    The same is also true for Arcsteel Battlemage and Hruit's Influence.

These set have a higher chance to hit the 100% crit chance to be able to always do double damaged when target fails a save on a Tiefling.

The only other thing Esoteric Initiate gains is 0.5 spell DC and +3 Cha/Int and +4 Spell DC is slightly higher than +4 Cha/Int/Wis and +3 Spell DC from other sets.
    Okay but what you are showing here is gains with basic set versus gains with basic set + a raid item. I can see that the difference in value is very minimal but one requires a raid item to get that minimal difference. Be that as it may, my discouragement with the topic rests more on the issue of one set of people arguing tooth and nail that all arcane casters should wear robes if they want the best casting effects (despite innate proficiencies) and then turning around a couple months later and to this... but whatever it just makes me care that little bit less about all of it. Your example really just illustrates the pettiness of the original debate.

Arcsteel is the only set that can be completed without armor, so in theory you can have both esoteric and arcsteel at once. Making lightning sorc or arti the top casters?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Arcsteel is the only set that can be completed without armor
    shr plz

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Arcsteel is the only set that can be completed without armor, so in theory you can have both esoteric and arcsteel at once. Making lightning sorc or arti the top casters?
    ....that just simply isn't true unless there is some bug. Arcsteel requires the armor Mk IV (medium) or the Plasma Core (docent)

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Feywild Dreamer Set
    • Heroic Set Bonus: +25 Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Power, +5% Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Crit, +2 Cha, +1 Spell Focus Mastery
    • Epic Set Bonus: +50 Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Power, +10% Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Crit, +4 Cha, +3 Spell Focus Mastery

Feycraft Mail - Light Armor (same as sharn armor)
    Feyweave Robe - Robe (same as sharn armor)
    Glass Heart - Docent (same as sharn armor)
    Gossamer Weave - Cloak - Enchantment DC, Illusion DC, Spell Resistance, Spell Penetration
    Delicate Thimbletips - Gloves - Magical Efficiency, Insightful Spell Pen, Conjuration DC, Spellcraft
    It peeves me a bit that there's no Medium/Heavy Armor option for this Set, especially since I like using some Enchant Spells even as Divine, or playing Med Armor EK.

And the Gossamer Weave should DEFINITELY be Enchant DC + Insight or Quality Enchant. Illusion splits the hairs too much. Or you could make it two diff options. Just my opinion.

Disclaimer ]Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

NON-SET ITEMS

Twisted Missile - Dart - Depths Damage, Vorpal, Maiming, Weaken Undead
    This Dart should really be a Throwing Dagger. When you added the awesome Paralysis Dart to TTT in 3BC I wondered who actually bothers to use them, especially since there's still no KENSEI : THROWING WEPS.

Ditch the Dart, prevent it from being Sentient Food. Change Maiming to Metalline or a DOT Effect, like the Acid Bow from GH Tor.

Just my two cents.
    I might be addicted to pack design!

Quote Originally Posted by SoVeryBelgian View Post
    It peeves me a bit that there's no Medium/Heavy Armor option for this Set, especially since I like using some Enchant Spells even as Divine, or playing Med Armor EK.

And the Gossamer Weave should DEFINITELY be Enchant DC + Insight or Quality Enchant. Illusion splits the hairs too much. Or you could make it two diff options. Just my opinion.

This Dart should really be a Throwing Dagger. When you added the awesome Paralysis Dart to TTT in 3BC I wondered who actually bothers to use them, especially since there's still no KENSEI : THROWING WEPS.

Ditch the Dart, prevent it from being Sentient Food. Change Maiming to Metalline or a DOT Effect, like the Acid Bow from GH Tor.

Just my two cents.
    Medium armor, MAYBE, but I'm still against it. Heavy armor, absolutely not. I see no reason why this should be a heavy armor set. That's too much power in one place, as the devs are want to say.

I think the feywild set is enchantment/illusion simply because it's thematic with the feywild. I feel the main issue is that there's only one really useful illusion spell that is offensive (phantasmal killer) and one illusion spell that is lackluster (hypnotic pattern). Everything else is a buff. I think this is more of a nod towards GOO warlocks than anything else. Maybe we'll get more illusion spells in the near future? I don't know. I think the illusion DC's should be changed to +3 quality enchantment or +9 conjuration (web, tentacles, glitterdust, grease, or as an option to earth sorcerers), but I doubt that's going to happen.

The dart is a dart because the Alchemist class (which isn't here yet) will use darts as one of the primary weapons of the class. It's also why we have the Profane Experiment armor set, which is made for the Alchemist even though they're not here, yet. I'd expect to see more darts in the coming updates.
    Last edited by HastyPudding; 08-28-2019 at 09:40 AM.

As a Spell Casting Fey Warlock I always use Medium Armor if is not from the Enlightened Spirit its from taking the Feat, so plz don’t try to justify this decision.
    IF wlk and bard can’t get Medium Armor… then wizard shouldn’t get it also… they use Robes. LOL. I know it’s a stupid argument… I really think that all should have access to Medium Armor since we can spend AP or use a Feat to use it. I’m stuck with the Flamecleansed Set just because of the medium armor… (Also with my Spell Casting Bard Build and my Wizard is using the Arcsteel Battlemage Set for the same reason :P). In all cases... isnt a free Medium Armor Proficiency, you have to spend in something... is less AP in other DPS enhancement tree or sacrificing a Feat.

My idea is not replacing the Light Armor is just add a Medium Armor choice. But after Sharn I feel this battle lost.

Default You make a good point

Medium armor, MAYBE, but I'm still against it. Heavy armor, absolutely not. I see no reason why this should be a heavy armor set. That's too much power in one place, as the devs are want to say.

I think the feywild set is enchantment/illusion simply because it's thematic with the feywild. I feel the main issue is that there's only one really useful illusion spell that is offensive (phantasmal killer) and one illusion spell that is lackluster (hypnotic pattern). Everything else is a buff. I think this is more of a nod towards GOO warlocks than anything else. Maybe we'll get more illusion spells in the near future? I don't know. I think the illusion DC's should be changed to +3 quality enchantment or +9 conjuration (web, tentacles, glitterdust, grease, or as an option to earth sorcerers), but I doubt that's going to happen.

The dart is a dart because the Alchemist class (which isn't here yet) will use darts as one of the primary weapons of the class. It's also why we have the Profane Experiment armor set, which is made for the Alchemist even though they're not here, yet. I'd expect to see more darts in the coming updates.
    I concede that Med Armor is probably the best choice as an addition. And I understand traditional flavor in-game as well, I know the Feywild isn't really KNOWN for Armor beyond light.

HOWEVER I didn't know at ALL that Alchemist would add Dart Viability for Thrower Builds (Which are some of my favorite) but EITHER way it merits the addition of more Thrower weps for gap levels or Low Epics.

I can say that about several weapon types, really... *cough* Kama *cough*
    I might be addicted to pack design!

Community Member

ARTIFACTS

Doctor Vulcana's Wristwatch - Level 29 Bracers
    • Insightful Intelligence +10
    • Combat Mastery/Tactics +18
    • Quality Resistance +4
    • Protection +18

Doctor LeRoux's Curious Implant - Level 29 Necklace
    • Insightful Wisdom +10
    • Insightful Healing Amplification +47
    • Quality Healing Amplification +24
    • Quality Physical Resistance Rating +14

i still feel like the insightful bonus on these two artifacts should be +11, not +10. the reason is +10 insightful is available from nearly finished. consider a character trying to max out wisdom. using the Radiant Ring of Taer Valaestas you get +22 enhancement, from Collective Sight you get +10 insightful and from Black Satin Waist you get +5 quality for a total of +37 to wisdom. with either of these two new artifacts you will be using something with +21 enhancement since you can only wear one artifact at a time dropping your + to wisdom or intelligence to +36 instead of the +37 you could have gotten. also, it's a minor artifact, it should be just a tad more powerful.
    Last edited by Don1966; 08-30-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    Server: Sarlona. Characters: Rackoribs Barbequed, Brautwurst Flamegrilled, Porkloin Flameseared

Sunken Slippers - Boots - (QUALITY INT WIS CHA) Lesser Displacement, Insightful Potency, Quality Potency
    Anyone remember what the Potency (Insightful and Quality) numbers were on these boots?
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast