Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Love the boots... Don't change them!
    Agreed. I'm late to the game here, but thank you for the changes to Spectre Boots (formerly known as Sea Legs)! Those are now a really useful item even for those of us not using the set. Seeker is horribly under-represented in endgame gear, ditto for Ghostly. Sharn is helping to fix that.

thx again
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith
    Zamsil - L10 TWF dagger assassin, doesn't know what he's doing yet

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Fixed.

I'll talk this over with the team, no promises.

No problemo

I'll poke at it tomorrow.

Just wait until you see them in game. They're gorgeous.
    Hello, why isn't there a docent armor piece in the Experimental Set?
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    Hello, why isn't there a docent armor piece in the Experimental Set?
    Cheers.
    or a medium or heavy armor... seems a set made for artificers and they don't wear light amour!

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post
    or a medium or heavy armor... seems a set made for artificers and they don't wear light amour!
    The devs have stated multiple times that the Experimental set is actually designed for the Alchemist class, which isn't here yet (but they wanted to make sure they had a Sharn set since they're coming quite soon). I think one of them stated the other day that the set was going to undergo some changes, too, but they didn't specify.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Spectre Boots - Boots - Ghostly, Doubleshot, Doublestrike, Seeker
    Small FYI: if the boots don't have FoM, they're effectively unusable by any class that can't self-cast FoM. It cuts you off from any party that uses Sleet Storm, which is probably the single best no-save defensive spell in the game. FoM is generally nice in many other situations, but sleet is what makes it absolutely mandatory for me. You've also made this part of a set, thus weighing the entire set against FoM.

FoM is only available on boots, a couple weapons, and a shield; so basically only boots. If there was a plethora of slots for FoM on an item, this would be less of an issue. In terms of slot rarity, it's FoM > Seeker > Double > Ghostly. So, I'd suggest trading ghostly for FoM.

(btw, unsure how it makes sense to land fireballs on the party safely and yet not sleet, but that's what we have)

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Default Blackmail Cosmetic Appearence

I found an ideal cosmetic appearence for the Blackmail armor!

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bloodplate_Armor

Use the bloodplate cosmetic appearance, just darken it with a shadow cosmetic aura!

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post

Use the bloodplate cosmetic appearance, just darken it with a shadow cosmetic aura!
    Ugh, no. Let's not go back to the armor appearances that look like somebody scavenged through 10 battlefields for 15 pieces of armor that don't match.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post

If you like that you may want to check out Dark Beast Med or Heavy Cosmetic with Clawed Pauldrons. There used to be a violet and a teal version but they never transitioned those from the BTitem potion-type cosmetics to the BTA glamored cosmetics.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Bjond View Post
    Small FYI: if the boots don't have FoM, they're effectively unusable by any class that can't self-cast FoM. It cuts you off from any party that uses Sleet Storm, which is probably the single best no-save defensive spell in the game. FoM is generally nice in many other situations, but sleet is what makes it absolutely mandatory for me. You've also made this part of a set, thus weighing the entire set against FoM.

FoM is only available on boots, a couple weapons, and a shield; so basically only boots. If there was a plethora of slots for FoM on an item, this would be less of an issue. In terms of slot rarity, it's FoM > Seeker > Double > Ghostly. So, I'd suggest trading ghostly for FoM.

(btw, unsure how it makes sense to land fireballs on the party safely and yet not sleet, but that's what we have)
    Heck no. Please do not replace ghostly with a party buff. If anything had to get replaced, I'd rather it be the seeker (still don't do this). This is a very useful item as is for numerous builds.

Now, for your paragraphs in order:

1. FoM is a party buff. Even if you don't have the spell natively (or the eternal potion), someone else in the party could cast it on you. Also, most uses of FoM you can get by with just using it as a swap item, so not really an issue.
    2. They also put FoM on a new cloak from this pack as well. lol at discarding everything but boots when several classes can use an offhand weapon or shield (for example my shuricannon has a FoM shortsword swap for offhand for things like Strahd stairs, and my bard uses the shield (buckler) permanently). Spell abilities made into a permanent item effect cannot be put on the same scale as effects that can only be gotten from gear, even though it is a nice quality of life type of thing.
    3. (bc Turbine)
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    The devs have stated multiple times that the Experimental set is actually designed for the Alchemist class, which isn't here yet (but they wanted to make sure they had a Sharn set since they're coming quite soon). I think one of them stated the other day that the set was going to undergo some changes, too, but they didn't specify.
    Ah, that makes sense. I have to admit, I want it on my arti too

Was there a decision made about the ML of these items? I'd love them to be L15 too, as they're really the same theme as the rest of the Sharn sets, and it just makes gearing, esp on alts, so much easier.

Or make a crafting recipe that can lower the ML >.> I miss the masterful shards.

Issues with Sharn gear that I'm having trouble with (other than mentioned seeker etc) - medium armor options for the right classes (would really just love this to be consolidated for future gear, somehow, transform one piece into multiple types of armor via nearly finished etc), fitting healing amp onto gear for casters where it's really missing (so is vitality - and light armor without these is really too flimsy for harder content), and more profane stat options.

I appreciate the effort with itemization + feedback from Lynn bigtime.
    Last edited by locus; 09-09-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Also, this should totally be the description of the new Spectre Boots:

"Deep in the dark I don't need the light
    There's a ghost inside me"
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Community Member

Anyone know where the Pale Master bracers drop? I've got the Med armor and the Gloves so far, but don't know where to get the bracers. Thanks!

Community Member

There are 4ish items (fey gloves, an orb, the dart, and the sickle) I have been not able to find in either heroics or in epics. despite ransacking them on multiple characters. And possibly not coincidentally, Soul Survivor's items are a repeat of Finding Dorris. Was this on purpose or did the item lists not get put in right? It's possible I am just that unlucky, but is also possible there was a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by reywas View Post
    There are 4ish items (fey gloves, an orb, the dart, and the sickle) I have been not able to find in either heroics or in epics. despite ransacking them on multiple characters. And possibly not coincidentally, Soul Survivor's items are a repeat of Finding Dorris. Was this on purpose or did the item lists not get put in right? It's possible I am just that unlucky, but is also possible there was a mistake
    same here (but i have 2 alt accounts so i loot faster lol) what i noticed is the dreadkeeper and profane experiment drop quite often, specially the spectre boots and the softskin gloves (And the weirdo handwraps)

also never seen the the fey gloves and the positive spellpower orb, i've seen at least 2 of the others
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Yeah, nobody I know has seen the positive energy orb, the thimbletips gloves, or the dart.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Yeah, nobody I know has seen the positive energy orb, the thimbletips gloves, or the dart.
    Or The Hook (sickle).
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123