Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default U43 Preview 2: Named Loot

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! The second preview of Update 43 is now open. The preview is expected to remain open until sometime in the evening of Thursday August 22nd. There is planned to be a Dev event on Wednesday August 21st from 8-10PM eastern where members of the DDO team will be available on Lamannia to answer questions and collect feedback in real time.

This preview is expected to contain the following features:

This is the named look that'll drop in U43. It contains some set items, some items not in any sets, two new sets of Filigree, and two new Minor Artifacts.

As always, constructive feedback is a lot easier to reply to than anything else. Keep it clean, folks

These are Heroic level 17, Epic level 29. The Filigree will be added to the Generation 2 pool, the Artifacts will drop randomly in this pack (note that ONLY these two artifacts will drop in this pack - it's not one big pool of Artifacts). Heroic and Epic items match Sharn and level 17 CC's Power Levels exactly, no power level jumps. I've transcribed the Artifacts because it's not always clear what numbers will end up where Oh, and, this will use the Nearly Finished crafting system for a few more Nearly Finished items. Same costs to complete items, these chests will drop the same ingredients, etc etc. It'll all work out the way you hope it will.

Changes from previous iterations are marked in this color.

Known Issues with loot:
    Several items have the wrong icon
    Some Armor/Robes have incomplete or incorrect physical appearances

ARTIFACTS

Doctor Vulcana's Wristwatch - Level 29 Bracers
    • Insightful Intelligence +10
    • Combat Mastery/Tactics +18
    • Quality Resistance +4
    • Protection +18

Doctor LeRoux's Curious Implant - Level 29 Necklace
    • Insightful Wisdom +10
    • Insightful Healing Amplification +47
    • Quality Healing Amplification +24
    • Quality Physical Resistance Rating +14

SET ITEMS

Feywild Dreamer Set
    • Heroic Set Bonus: +25 Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Power, +5% Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Crit, +2 Cha, +1 Spell Focus Mastery
    • Epic Set Bonus: +50 Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Power, +10% Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Crit, +4 Cha, +3 Spell Focus Mastery

Feycraft Mail - Light Armor (same as sharn armor)
    Feyweave Robe - Robe (same as sharn armor)
    Glass Heart - Docent (same as sharn armor)
    Gossamer Weave - Cloak - Enchantment DC, Illusion DC, Spell Resistance, Spell Penetration
    Delicate Thimbletips - Gloves - Magical Efficiency, Insightful Spell Pen, Conjuration DC, Spellcraft

Profane Experiment Set
    • Heroic Set Bonus: +2 Sneak Attack Dice, 5% Doublestrike and Doubleshot, +2 INT, +2 CON, +25 Universal Spell Power
    • Epic Set Bonus: +3 Sneak Attack Dice, 15% Doublestrike and Doubleshot, +4 INT, +4 CON, +50 Universal Spell Power

Researcher's Leathers - Light Armor (same as sharn armor)
    Experiment Garb - Outfit (same as sharn armor)
    Spectre Boots - Boots - Ghostly, Doubleshot, Doublestrike, Seeker
    Lenses of the Dark Depths - Goggles - Insightful Dodge, UMD, Blindness Immunity, Speed
    Experimenter's Goggles - Goggles - Search, Spot, Open Lock, Disable Device

Dreadkeeper Set
    • Heroic Set Bonus: +25 Negative and Force Spell Power, +5% Negative and Force spell crit, +2 Int, +10 PRR, +1 Spell Focus Mastery
    • Epic Set Bonus: +50 Negative and Force Spell Power, +10% Negative and Force spell crit, +4 Int, +20 PRR, +3 Spell Focus Mastery

The Blackmail - Medium Armor (same as sharn armor except with Negative Amp)
    The Grey Leathers - Light Armor (same as sharn armor except with Negative Amp)
    Robes of the Dreadkeeper - Robes (same as sharn armor except with Negative Amp)
    Sinsoul - Docent (same as sharn armor except with Negative Amp)
    Skin-tight Gloves - Gloves - Protection, Vitality, Spell resistance, quality PRR
    Chains of the Grave - Bracers - Neg Spell Power, Neg Spell Crit Chance, Parrying, Insightful PRR

NON-SET ITEMS

Sunken Chains - Bracers - (QUALITY STR DEX INT), insightful seeker, shatter, stunning

Cloak of Balance - Cloak - (QUALITY STR DEX CON), Freedom of Movement, Seeker, Parrying

Sunken Slippers - Boots - (QUALITY INT WIS CHA) Lesser Displacement, Insightful Potency, Quality Potency

Screamshatter - Light (non-repeating) Crossbow - Sonic, Sonic on Crit, Improved Destruction, Big Huge Lightning Strike Proc (think Stormreaver's Thunderclap)

Tatterchain - Handwraps - Depths Damage (Evil on hit (but does not make weapon evil aligned), also does Cold vs Good Enemies (yes really)), Bone Breaking, Metalline, Weaken Undead

Twisted Missile - Dart - Depths Damage, Vorpal, Maiming, Weaken Undead

The Hook - Sickle - Depths Damage, Limb Chopping, Bleeding, Weaken Undead

Absolute Judgement - Maul - Holy, Law, Evil Outsider Bane, Command (scaling)

Solid Sound - Orb - (QUALITY INT WIS CHA), Insightful Enchantment DC, Quality Positive Spell Power, Quality Sonic Spell Power

Concentrated Chaos - Orb - (QUALITY INT WIS CHA), Insightful Enchantment DC, insightful necromancy DC, chaos absorption

FILIGREE SETS

Radiant Shield

• Con
    • PRR
    • MRR
    • Healing Amp
    • Armor Class
    • +50% Melee Threat Increase
      • Set Bonus
      • 2 Set: +50% Melee Threat Increase
      • 3 Set: +10 MRR
      • 4 Set: Intercession Ward

Voltaic Experiment

• Int
    • Doublestrike
    • Doubleshot
    • Electric Spell Power
    • Acid Spell Power
      • Set Bonus
      • 2 Set: +10 Universal Spell Power
      • 3 Set: +2 Doublestrike and Doubleshot
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 08-20-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Can you make at least the set items ML 15, with appropriate scaling, so that everyone can get their "Sharn" set at the same time?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    The second preview of Update 43 is now open.
    Lamannia seems closed to me at the moment.

Edit: It's open now.

Short look:
    Sea legs is still Underwater Action +0
    Legendary Sea legs is still Underwater Action +0
    Lenses of the Dark Depths is still Quality Assassinate +0 (legendary version is +2)
    Last edited by Redgob; 08-20-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by niknight View Post
    Can you make at least the set items ML 15, with appropriate scaling, so that everyone can get their "Sharn" set at the same time?
    Seconded. For a lot of abilities on these items, it doesn't budge the numbers any and it would be a great quality of life thing to get them with everything else rather than putting on a set for 2 levels then immediately changing everything to fit the ML17 sharn gear. I think most people would prefer to have them at ML15 with everything else than very, very slightly more powerful items at ML17. Keep the quest level where it is, of course, just scale the items to ML15.

Also, very happy to see that the suggestions from the first iteration were accepted. Thank you for taking into account our feedback.
    Last edited by reywas; 08-20-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Why wasn't the Delicate Thimbletips spellcraft bonus changed to a subtle spellcasting bonus?

I love the orbs, though.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Redgob View Post
    Sea legs is still Underwater Action +0
    Legendary Sea legs is still Underwater Action +0
    Lenses of the Dark Depths is still Quality Assassinate +0 (legendary version is +2)
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by reywas View Post
    Keep the quest level where it is, of course, just scale the items to ML15.
    I'll talk this over with the team, no promises.

Quote Originally Posted by reywas View Post
    Also, very happy to see that the suggestions from the first iteration were accepted. Thank you for taking into account our feedback.
    No problemo :)

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Why wasn't the Delicate Thimbletips spellcraft bonus changed to a subtle spellcasting bonus?
    I'll poke at it tomorrow.

I love the orbs, though.
    Just wait until you see them in game. They're gorgeous.
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 08-20-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

I haven't dug deep yet, but I did notice that the legendary version of Experiment Garb doesn't have Legendary in its title, while all the other legendary items do have Legendary.

Is this intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Just wait until you see them in game. They're gorgeous.
    I'm going to go check them out on lammania, right now!

EDIT: The gloves have the proper mystic diversion on them, now that I see them in-game! Thanks for the change!

EDIT 2: I'm assuming the orbs are +5 insightful DC's and +5 quality int/wis/cha? I don't see them in the loot list.

EDIT 3: This loot tetris is frying my brain!!
    Last edited by HastyPudding; 08-20-2019 at 09:57 PM.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

EDIT 2: I'm assuming the orbs are +5 insightful DC's and +5 quality int/wis/cha? I don't see them in the loot list.
    I don't either.

I'd love to see them.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Hi Welcome

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by niknight View Post
    I mildly disagree. I did not check Lamannia, but ML17 should increase school-specific Spell Focus to +4. Also Spell Penetration to +4. And it could also mean +2 Quality stat on upgrade?

But ultimately I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I don't either.

I'd love to see them.
    My entire gear setup depends on them being +5 to make any sort of difference, but no matter which way I slice it, I'm actually losing 1-2 DC's by switching from slavers to this new set due to gear constraints (most notably losing profane attributes and quality spell focus). This really blows, and I've got a headache from looking at these numbers for close to 3 hours. I can't make things work and I'm getting increasingly frustrated. The numbers just aren't adding up correctly. I'll be forced to wear both the fey and a 3 piece slavers set to break even, which isn't going to solve any problems.
    Last edited by HastyPudding; 08-20-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Community Member

"...The Cloak in the Negative set is being moved to another container slot, and we'll keep the art in our back pocket for some other time. I am open to suggestions about where it ends up."

Hi Lynnabel,

It could also be done for "Gossamer Weave" I would not want to replace the Veltet. It is difficult to configure the items if already in the next update an item has competition in the slot.

"Feywild Dreamer Set
    Gossamer Weave - Cloak - Enchantment DC, Illusion DC, Spell Resistance, Spell Penetration"

Another suggestion: could you to remove "protection" from Skin-tight Gloves and add necro focus? In the Fey set we have 3 focus dc bonus.

The English is not my first language, for this reason i hope that y understand me haha, pls read and answer my post hahaha

My entire gear setup depends on them being +5 to make any sort of difference, but no matter which way I slice it, I'm actually losing 1-2 DC's by switching from slavers to this new set due to gear constraints (most notably losing profane attributes and quality spell focus). This really blows, and I've got a headache from looking at these numbers for close to 3 hours. I can't make things work and I'm getting increasingly frustrated. The numbers just aren't adding up correctly. I'll be forced to wear both the fey and a 3 piece slavers set to break even, which isn't going to solve any problems.
    Oh, I don't care about their stats. I just want to see what their visuals look like!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Oh, I don't care about their stats. I just want to see what their visuals look like!

I like the Grey Leathers. They'll probably be my new cosmetic for the next few weeks until something else comes along.

Community Member

I'll throw my weight behind ML15 too.

The way the game has evolved, the way power has creeped, in heroic things are more valuable if you can equip them earlier, even if a higher ML might increment a stat up by one.

ML 16-20 is a particular gear doldrums too. It's too high to equip right away on an Iconic...the advantage of ML15 sharn gear is it can take you from 15-29 without needing any swap, so you're going to build around that. Having a separate tetris set for 15-16 isn't really something people will do. But it's also too high for Heroic, since you only really get to use it for a very small window before you hit 20 and are ready to TR. And gear at 21 makes a big jump in scaling, so if you're ETRing then ML16 gear is too low.

ML15 on the new gear would make it way more attractive. ML 16-20 gear probably needs to look at having pseudo epic power (like Feat: Combat Archery or something) to make it more attractive in late heroic and early epic play. Tetris convenience > item power more and more lately.

Community Member

Dreadkeeper Set
    • Heroic Set Bonus: +25 Negative and Force Spell Power, +5% Negative and Force spell crit, +2 Int, +10 PRR, +1 Spell Focus Mastery
    • Epic Set Bonus: +50 Negative and Force Spell Power, +10% Negative and Force spell crit, +4 Int, +20 PRR, +3 Spell Focus Mastery

The Blackmail - Medium Armor (same as sharn armor except with Negative Amp)
    The Grey Leathers - Light Armor (same as sharn armor except with Negative Amp)
    Robes of the Dreadkeeper - Robes (same as sharn armor except with Negative Amp)
    The robes in this set appear to grant Exceptional Spell Lore and Spell Power, but no Negative Healing Amp, is that intended?

If so, is it too late to get a (cloth) outfit with the same properties as the armor (i.e., the negative healing amp)?

Spectre Boots - Boots - Ghostly, Doubleshot, Doublestrike, Seeker

Any chance Seeker on these could be Insightful or Quality Combat Mastery, or if that doesn't fit the theme Exceptional/Insightful or Quality Seeker? Not many useful items at this level with these affix at this level...

Community Member

Yes, ML 15 on items please.

The game is built around TRing. Please hold off on more gear at new level breaks until a TR/Inventory revamp is done.

Thank you.

Community Member QueenOfTheHook's Avatar

Add me to the list that would love to actually be able to find the orbs on Lam

Popped in to take a look at the item appearances. Yes most are still in an unfinished state but the Gossamer Weave Cloak is gorgeous. Although I think its odd for items associated with the Feywild to be so red. When I think Fey, Fey magic, and the Feywild I usually think of delicate pinks, periwinkles and sometimes pale greens. Red of this scarlet hue is a color I associate with Blood Magic and therefor something I might see on a Palemaster or Red Wizard of Thay, or an Acolyte of the Skin.\

Be that as it may I would like the dev team and art team to know that I'd be willing to purchase this as cosmetic-cloaks in a wider range of appealing colors. Particularly Violets, Blues, Greens, as most of my characters are in those colors. Have you thought of a sheer item of this type with rainbow colors like the Hypnotic Pattern Spell? Would be quite the thing for an Illusionist. Someone ought to use these transparent cosmetic appearances to make a cloak that looks like spiderweb too.

I think its a transcription? error... the Delicate Thimbletips I acquired from the new loot guy in the dojo have:
    Magical Efficiency, Insightful Spell Pen, Conjuration DC, Mystic Diversion
    Last edited by Aelonwy; 08-22-2019 at 08:40 AM.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast