Default U43 Preview 2: Content

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! The second preview of Update 43 is now open. The preview is expected to remain open until sometime in the evening of Thursday August 22nd. There is planned to be a Dev event on Wednesday August 21st from 8-10PM eastern where members of the DDO team will be available on Lamannia to answer questions and collect feedback in real time.

This preview is expected to contain the following features:

• New Named Loot
    • New Adventure Pack:The Soul Splitter (17/32)
      • Finding Dorris
      • Safety in Numbers
      • The Underlane Assignment
      • Members Only
      • The Offshore Account
      • Soul Survivor

All six of the above quests are available for preview. Talk to the Questgiver NPC in Test Dojo and he’ll send you to the quest arc giver in the Sharn Cliffside Docks. If you are not a VIP you can find the "The Soul Splitter" adventure pack in the DDO store and can gain DDO points from Lord Poincelot to purchase the adventure pack.

Content Known Issues
    • Soul Survivor
      • Some Fathom employees in the Galley attack player on sight instead of triggering at the proper time.
      • Electric floor trap in the Alarm System Control Room puzzle won't deactivate when triggered
      • Stitched Horror monsters in the basement can't path out of their containment and therefore won't attack the player/can't be defeated
      • Fathom Researcher, Scientist and Tinkerer lack the right spells
      • Doctor Vulcana doesn't use her rune arm
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 08-20-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Default Brief Outage to Enable Character Copy

Hello, all! We will be taking Lamannia down for a brief period in order to enable character copies to the server. This process should not take more than an hour or two at most. Check back into the forums for info if needed.

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Default Preview 2 Open Again

Lamannia is now open again with Update 43 Preview 2. Character copies should now be working.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

In one of the quests, found the optional Defeat the wandering forgewraith, unfortunately, he decided not to wander into the area and thus could not be completed and I had to dim door out to continue the quest. Otherwise, in the first four quests everything ran smoothly. Was not able to finish the arc, due to sleepiness, going to run the rest today. Will reserve the rest of this post for any more notes that I feel are appropriate All of the rest of the quests seemed to work as required, optionals showing up and working correctly, although the last quest gave me some problems trying to figure out how to reverse the splitter, but I eventually got it and had a fairly good time

Saal

****Spoiler alert****

Also, the 4th?? quest with the sleds, I found the 4 sigils, and was able to jump to the first, but spent about an hour trying to figure out how to get the other three until I just continued on and hit the trigger point...suggest alternate means to get these so people don't get frustrated and quit, I have ocd and this made me want to uninstall Lama and go back to live servers...maybe some jump areas and/or climbing vines/ladders...even something like the up-shaft in prove your worth(3BC)...
    Last edited by Saaluta; 08-21-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Community Member

Played through the whole chain, a couple of places it took me a while but that comes down to first runs.

In the final quest, the alert system in the puzzle room, mob(s) got stuck behind the "black door". I was able to AE them out and kill them but direct attacks didn't work. It wasn't the end of the world but it shouldn't happen I guess.

In Alynda D'Cannith's final dialog box, triggered when you talk to her having handed in the final quest, the dialog box has some text :
    **blah ... That's not going to change overnight./n/nSo concentrate ** blah

those new line escape codes are not right
    Last edited by Tist; 08-22-2019 at 01:14 PM.