Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83
  1. #1
    Community Member Diesel_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    109

    Default Hardcore server Access

    My family and I started playing DDO the June it went F2P. Monk class wasn't even out yet. We have been VIP a few years and decided to buy everything. But we still support the game by making purchases for points and expansions from the DDO Market and such. And not the cheap ones either....
    But premium accounts are not able to access the hardcore server.

    Why are Premium Player Accounts more less grouped with free to play accounts ?
    When we are also helping to support the game ?
    Don't purify the healing spring!!!! Trust me!!!
    Unless you have a high dodge, .........at least it was paper cups and not arrows LOL
    Some dwarves can be so touchy!!!

  2. #2
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    Because that's where they drew the line?

    Or, if you really want me to explain it out - b/c after the work they put in to set it and the new server up, they need to recoup their expense, and tempting non-VIP to subscribe is the obvious way to do that.

    There are some good folks in SSG, but they're not running this for us just out of the goodness of their hearts.

  3. #3
    Community Member Diesel_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Because that's where they drew the line?

    Or, if you really want me to explain it out - b/c after the work they put in to set it and the new server up, they need to recoup their expense, and tempting non-VIP to subscribe is the obvious way to do that.

    There are some good folks in SSG, but they're not running this for us just out of the goodness of their hearts.


    Yeah I know that..... or did you happen to miss the part where I said I SUPPORT THE GAME.... That means I pay MONEY
    Don't purify the healing spring!!!! Trust me!!!
    Unless you have a high dodge, .........at least it was paper cups and not arrows LOL
    Some dwarves can be so touchy!!!

  4. #4
    Community Member Diesel_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    109

    Default

    By chance could there be a status level difference for the premium players? Depending on how much content the account owns?

    You want to get them to buy stuff? Make premium tiers! They will buy more packs and bank slots to get to higher tiers to get on that server. What will make more money.... subscriptions.... or all those individual purchases?
    Last edited by Diesel_Smurf; 08-18-2019 at 11:13 PM.
    Don't purify the healing spring!!!! Trust me!!!
    Unless you have a high dodge, .........at least it was paper cups and not arrows LOL
    Some dwarves can be so touchy!!!

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    24

    Default

    sounds to me . . Diesel_Smurf, and others like Diesel_Smurf, are probably paying more into the game then subs
    premiums do pay more to play then subs, it's just subs can be counted on, premiums most likely erratic, and cannot really set as number , but I'm sure there are more money coming from premiums

    although after many months/years as premium, only thing they may will be purchasing are the ddo points, since they own everything else

    just guessing here, but I'm sure subs (VIP) have a linear number they can count on, as mentioned in another post, I don't see a problem with premiums, premiums may need to purchase character slot(s) in the end, so that would be more money going towards covering expensive, locking out premiums, seems to me, this premium lock out, is just less money

  6. #6
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Smurf View Post
    Yeah I know that.....
    Then why did you ask?

    or did you happen to miss the part where I said I SUPPORT THE GAME.... That means I pay MONEY
    No it doesn't. All it means is that at one time in the past you PAID money. Says nothing about currently, which is markedly diff from VIP.

    There are diff types of "Premium" players, but accounts don't draw that distinction.

  7. #7
    Community Member Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Smurf View Post
    My family and I started playing DDO the June it went F2P. Monk class wasn't even out yet. We have been VIP a few years and decided to buy everything. But we still support the game by making purchases for points and expansions from the DDO Market and such. And not the cheap ones either....
    But premium accounts are not able to access the hardcore server.

    Why are Premium Player Accounts more less grouped with free to play accounts ?
    When we are also helping to support the game ?
    There seems to be a misconception people do not pay money to this game because they're supporting the game they're paying money because they want to get the items or the characters or the quest or access to play the game. If a premium player or a VIP player was simply paying money to support the game then why not just write SSG a big fat check and not play. Stop pretending that you're doing out of the kindness of your heart to "support the game."

    I love when people say that they're supporting the game because they think that adds validity to their point of view and whatever discussion they're having.

    As for the difference between VIP, premium and free to play. There's been years of discussions that pop up occasionally on the subject of VIPs not getting enough access that is separate from premium and free to play. So finally SSG has created a server that requires VIP access.

    I know some of you would say We'll blah blah blah they're only doing this because they want to make money. Let me ask you this do you like new Quest do you like new classes do you like new enhancement trees do you like the game that 13 years old that keep going. if you answered yes to any of those questions, then duh of course they're trying to make money. Stop pretending like SSG is trying to stick it to the player. this is a video game. If you're doing something in life, that is for enjoyment, because you like doing it, if it's for recreation, and it's stressing you out, here's some free advice, you are doing it wrong.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

  8. #8
    Community Member TorkRaider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default Opener Please!

    F2P and Premium Accounts, on any new character or server, must run Normal quests then Hard to finally have access to Elite UNLESS they USE two "stones" to jump to a 36 point build OR run around asking OPENER PLEASE!


    This is the major reason I believe that HCL is a VIP experience versus open to all. The limited time frame puts F2P and Premium at an inherent disadvantage unless they ask for favors from VIPs. Based upon the number of deaths, people are creating many, many characters just to move up the game. Imagine starting a 28 point character running NHE getting zapped and then doing all over again.


    VIP pays to have direct access to Elite. Granted you may have friends who will let you use their access for free but I doubt most people would enjoy running three times as many quests just to compete with VIPs. And as soon as your friends out level you by 4 Lvls they can't help you any more anyway.


    Per the Wiki... http://ddowiki.com/page/Account_comparisons VIPS enter quests directly on Hard/Elite without having to run prior difficulties.

    Just my respectful thoughts.

  9. #9
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TorkRaider View Post
    Just my respectful thoughts.
    I hadn't considered that... but it makes a tremendous amount of sense now that I've read it.

    Kudos!
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .57194.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Hardcore server being VIP only is one more extra thing making VIP special. I've said forever, I don't really have a reason to go VIP. I get all the stuff I care about from being premium. I don't care much to play hardcore, but I understand the effort to make VIP have more perks. And on that front I say good on em.

  11. #11
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter
    Livmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    5,197

    Default I'm OK with it too.

    I've never been VIP, but I do spend more money yearly on the game than someone whom only subs at the minimum.

    Some people need to feel special, so I'm OK with the Hardcore Server only being available to VIPs. It's kinda like peanut butter and jelly, they go well together.

    With that said I have VIP codes left over from when I bought the expansion for my alt accounts. IF I really wanted to play to get on the leader board I could use one of those codes for 90 days on an account.

    However with the in-game grind and RL always being busy, I'd rather spend time on normal server progressing some of my toons.

    Besides I already played this life on my main Livmo without dying until I got to level 18. We died because someone zerged thru the trap while we were waiting for the trapper to disarm it. I released and found myself in Korthos, ugh! My bad for not binding someplace closer to Eveningstar : ) )

    I can always create the challenge for myself and don't feel the need to be special on a leader board.

    I think the Hardcore Server is awesome and it should come around at least once a year like my favorite events (Cover, Revels, etc.)

  12. #12
    Community Member Diesel_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrXaatXuun View Post
    sounds to me . . Diesel_Smurf, and others like Diesel_Smurf, are probably paying more into the game then subs
    premiums do pay more to play then subs, it's just subs can be counted on, premiums most likely erratic, and cannot really set as number , but I'm sure there are more money coming from premiums

    although after many months/years as premium, only thing they may will be purchasing are the ddo points, since they own everything else

    just guessing here, but I'm sure subs (VIP) have a linear number they can count on, as mentioned in another post, I don't see a problem with premiums, premiums may need to purchase character slot(s) in the end, so that would be more money going towards covering expensive, locking out premiums, seems to me, this premium lock out, is just less money
    Thank you for understanding
    That's what I'm talking about
    Don't purify the healing spring!!!! Trust me!!!
    Unless you have a high dodge, .........at least it was paper cups and not arrows LOL
    Some dwarves can be so touchy!!!

  13. #13
    Community Member Diesel_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Then why did you ask?


    No it doesn't. All it means is that at one time in the past you PAID money. Says nothing about currently, which is markedly diff from VIP.

    There are diff types of "Premium" players, but accounts don't draw that distinction.
    6

    This is why I said premium tiers....
    Depending on how much content an account has.
    Because my account is loaded with EVERYTHING and I have so many character slots and bank slots extra character bank slots, extra character inventory slots you name it I bought it!! Shards , ship paints all that ****
    And when I TR my toons I also buy hair styles hair colors .... So yes I buy points and all for stuff in the store all the time. Or
    Don't purify the healing spring!!!! Trust me!!!
    Unless you have a high dodge, .........at least it was paper cups and not arrows LOL
    Some dwarves can be so touchy!!!

  14. #14
    Community Member FURYous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    280

    Default

    I don't get this at all. It's $10 a month. Divide $10 by the number of hours you play and it is by far cheaper than most forms of entertainment. You spend more than that on coffee (or whatever your overpriced beverage of choice is).

    It's a product, they have to pay their people, they have to pay their bills, if you don't like the product then don't buy it, but don't insist they give you new content when you only paid for old content.
    Choler 30 Brd 5PLs | Enmity 30 Clr | Exasperate 30 Sor | Ferocity 30Pal 13PLs | Furyous 30Inq Heroic/Epic Completionist 82PLs | Hiddin 20Mnk 2PL | Infuryated 30War 6PL | Retributive 20Dru 2PL | Vehemence 30Rog Completionist 35PLs | Vehement 10Pal 3Mnk 1Rog | Vexate 30Wiz Heroic/Epic Completionist 49PLs | Violence 30Clr Heroic/Epic/Racial Completionist 94PLs

  15. #15
    Community Member Diesel_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    There seems to be a misconception people do not pay money to this game because they're supporting the game they're paying money because they want to get the items or the characters or the quest or access to play the game. If a premium player or a VIP player was simply paying money to support the game then why not just write SSG a big fat check and not play. Stop pretending that you're doing out of the kindness of your heart to "support the game."

    I love when people say that they're supporting the game because they think that adds validity to their point of view and whatever discussion they're having.

    As for the difference between VIP, premium and free to play. There's been years of discussions that pop up occasionally on the subject of VIPs not getting enough access that is separate from premium and free to play. So finally SSG has created a server that requires VIP access.

    I know some of you would say We'll blah blah blah they're only doing this because they want to make money. Let me ask you this do you like new Quest do you like new classes do you like new enhancement trees do you like the game that 13 years old that keep going. if you answered yes to any of those questions, then duh of course they're trying to make money. Stop pretending like SSG is trying to stick it to the player. this is a video game. If you're doing something in life, that is for enjoyment, because you like doing it, if it's for recreation, and it's stressing you out, here's some free advice, you are doing it wrong.

    I say that I'm supporting the game because I am. If none of us paid for anything at all then the game would go bankrupt. So yes the money I pay for my points, and for my expansion packs helps support the game keeps going. Why do you think they opened the game up to people other than just VIP PLAYERS? They did it because they needed the money from premium players buying point packs to purchase the packs and bank slots and inventory slots because they needed the funding!! Now that they have it they treat us like ****. So don't go telling me that I am not supporting the game, or that I shouldn't word it that I'm supporting the game, because that is exactly what I am doing!! Like it or not, I'm just as important as you!! They needed us so you could keep playing . Deal with it.... And thank me and everyone of us for coming along and saving it from going under!!
    Else you might be playing LOD right now
    Last edited by Diesel_Smurf; 08-22-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    Don't purify the healing spring!!!! Trust me!!!
    Unless you have a high dodge, .........at least it was paper cups and not arrows LOL
    Some dwarves can be so touchy!!!

  16. #16
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Smurf View Post
    Now that they have it they treat us like ****. So don't go telling me that I am not supporting the game, or that
    They're not treating you like anything. There are several good points that have been brought up as to why it's VIP only - ones I'm not going to restate because I know they'd just bounce off you and your attitude. But, the only one treating anyone fecal around here is you. Your whole post went beyond passive aggressive right to aggressive aggressive. They made a line. A benchmark. A barrier for entry. That's all they did. And you are throwing a tantrum.

    If you want to play on Hardcore, buy a VIP. If you support the game as much as you say you do - and are as aggrieved at not being able to play on the Special Event/Limited Time/First Time Doing This server as you claim to be, than it's a pretty small step. If not, if this is just a "moral stance" - than I suggest you take your own advice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Smurf View Post
    Deal with it...
    And you're welcome.
    Last edited by Memnir; 08-22-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .57194.

  17. #17
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    I would totally be ok with them selling hardcore character slots to nonVIP players.
    1 character slot - 1000 TC
    2nd and further slots - 2000 TC each after first
    If the toon dies, it is deactivated to free up the slot, unless there already is another slot open

    there - premium plan
    have fun.

    slots stay for account life so if they do this again, any paid slots are still there
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

  18. #18
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Why is this so much drama and the n-thread about this?! It boggles my mind, really. If this works out, I am sure SSG has some future plans and they will think about getting as much player in this event as possible. Be a bit patient, geez. And if they screw it up, they screw it up and you can't do anything anyways as always.
    Permission to rant not only about OP but also to all others out their complaining not getting access.
    See - Want - Consume - Now!
    You are like little kids with no impulse control. [Redacted]
    1 month VIP costs are roughly the same as 1 Max meal at McD. Instead of eating bad food that isn't sating (sounds wrong) at all and you get digestions problems and in the worst case scenario a heart attack spend that money on a whole month - that is 30 days! - on this new project and enjoy running Korthos over and over and over.
    Rant done.

    (Cheers,)
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  19. #19
    Community Member Diesel_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Now see i wouldnt mind having to purchase the character slot to play there. But to just ban me from it all together is just wrong. And the leader board is not anything i am interested in. And yes i got agressive because i am being treated like something by SSG. You think im not because its not happening to you. How would you feel if they decided to give out a +20 heart of wood to the premium players just as a thank you for our purchases. Premium players only. Wouldnt you feel cheated?
    Don't purify the healing spring!!!! Trust me!!!
    Unless you have a high dodge, .........at least it was paper cups and not arrows LOL
    Some dwarves can be so touchy!!!

  20. #20
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Smurf View Post
    How would you feel if they decided to give out a +20 heart of wood to the premium players just as a thank you for our purchases. Premium players only. Wouldnt you feel cheated?
    I'm not Premium by my choice alone - so no. I may question the choice - but I wouldn't tantrum over it.

    You do you, though.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .57194.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload