Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Smurf View Post
    You pay 100 to rent content you don't own every 12 months. That's what you get for your 100 dollars. Don't compare 12 months to 3 months. Either way. They want me to spend 30 dollars just for access to that server and the perks of vip, because I already own everything you are renting. No thank you. Let me put it this way....

How many VIP players did DDO lose to Premium account Access when Expansion packs came out.? "All access " was the the thing VIP was saying it offered. They didn't understand why they had to purchase the expansion packs. And I don't know why they do either!!! All access means...... ALL ACCESS!!!! To races, classes, quests, everything!!
    If you are going to keep paying, and paying, and paying, and paying...... then you should have access to everything automatically.... that is what VERY IMPORTANT PLAYER means..... you should be top notch.
    If that's what VIP was.... then yes if go VIP

Until then ..... no.
    I already bought everything. Everything has always been up for sale, available,....
    If they wanna isolate their players that's on them
    Pay 30 to go on hc server and you still have lower overall cost than vips or don’t pay and complain - don’t care either way.. Either way it’s fine how it is now. If anything they need more things like this for vips to show the value of being vip.

there is no problem here except the way you look at it.

Community Member

I agree with you. It feels like they're stiffing premium players - many of whom have spent a great deal more money on this game than VIPs (I'm one of them).

However I can see the flip side of things. They're throwing a bone to VIPs because, let's be honest, being VIP kinda sucks.

As for the "this will entice premium players to go VIP," I don't really agree. Sure if you spent a few dollars here and there then it might be a good idea to go VIP. But as someone who has spent anywhere from $1.5k-2k on this game, there's absolutely no way I'm going VIP for HCL. I own everything. I'd literally be paying $30 for a single round of HCL and I just don't see that as a good monetary investment. (I also really don't agree with how SSG has been doing things lately, so I haven't spent money on this game in quite some time now, and don't plan on it till some things change.)
    "There are so many people running around and so many LFMs that it actually doesn't feel like a single player game." - Some guy on HCL

Also what the live servers would be like with server merges or cross-server grouping.

When this game used to have customer service in game, VIP's always had access, and Premium had access for a period of time based on how much they spent on the game within a certain time frame. Maybe the next HC event could provide access on that model?

From wiki

Premium accounts have Full Customer Service for a number of days after a purchase of DDO Points (posted 03-12-2010, 11:03 AM EDT (GMT-4)):

$1.00 – 15 days
    $14.99 – 30 days
    $30.00 – 90 days
    $60.00 – 180 days
    $100.00 – 365 days

So pretty much like buying VIP, but buying points or Market stuff instead.
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 09-11-2019 at 03:06 AM.

Im just saying i dont think its right to ban a portion of the game from the players. Nothing has ever been banned from the players before. Everything has always been available for purchase. Why now suddenly is this one thing not available for purchase?

But if it stays VIP only.... Oh well. I am not buying VIP just for this area.

You: Nothing has been banned from players before, you could always purchase it.
    Also you: I'm not purchasing VIP for this.

Pony up $30 and BAM - you purchased access to the hardcore server. Or, make a whiny thread that goes on for a couple weeks and claim it's not a tantrum.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post

Pony up $30 and BAM - you purchased access to the hardcore server. Or, make a whiny thread that goes on for a couple weeks and claim it's not a tantrum.
    I think he is saying that he should also have access by buying $35 in DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    I think he is saying that he should also have access by buying $35 in DP.
    They apparently don't understand that when I say buy , I mean one time purchase. Not continued payments.... Which is actually renting, not buying.

When you buy something, you pay for it, and it is yours.

To make monthly payments on something and stop and not have it anymore once you stop.... Means you were just renting it.

So no, Ponying up 30 bucks won't make it mine.... Unless that is how much they decide I can purchase it for a one time purchase fee.
    Don't purify the healing spring!!!! Trust me!!!
    Unless you have a high dodge, .........at least it was paper cups and not arrows LOL
    Some dwarves can be so touchy!!!

They apparently don't understand that when I say buy , I mean one time purchase. Not continued payments.... Which is actually renting, not buying.

When you buy something, you pay for it, and it is yours.

To make monthly payments on something and stop and not have it anymore once you stop.... Means you were just renting it.

So no, Ponying up 30 bucks won't make it mine.... Unless that is how much they decide I can purchase it for a one time purchase fee.
    Six of one and half a dozen of another are the same thing.

I'm sorry you'd rather complain than admit it. The HC server goes down on Nov 15 and we all lose access at that time. So again, $30 and it would have been all yours.

Now give it a rest. You were wrong at the start of the thread and you are still wrong now.

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.

Six of one and half a dozen of another are the same thing.

I'm sorry you'd rather complain than admit it. The HC server goes down on Nov 15 and we all lose access at that time. So again, $30 and it would have been all yours.

Now give it a rest. You were wrong at the start of the thread and you are still wrong now.
    No I'm not wrong.... But think what you like.... I'm not paying full VIP price for just a server. When I own everything else.
    Make it like 3$ a month for each month each time they bring it out and then I'll do it. That way what I've purchased is on the hard core server as well no more no less. But to make me pay full price for VIP just to access a server???
    There needs to be just a hard core server access fee.

Or something if they don't want to make it buyable. But I can not see making people pay full VIP access...
    No Thank You!

And just because you are VIP and are one of those who look down on the premium players who buy everything.... ( Which I never understood why......) It does NOT mean that YOU are right......... so how bout you take your own advice and give it a rest.
    Unless you have a high dodge, .........at least it was paper cups and not arrows LOL

No I'm not wrong.... But think what you like.... I'm not paying full VIP price for just a server. When I own everything else.
    Make it like 3$ a month for each month each time they bring it out and then I'll do it. That way what I've purchased is on the hard core server as well no more no less. But to make me pay full price for VIP just to access a server???

Or something if they don't want to make it buyable. But I can not see making people pay full VIP access...
    No Thank You!

And just because you are VIP and are one of those who look down on the premium players who buy everything.... ( Which I never understood why......) It does NOT mean that YOU are right......... so how bout you take your own advice and give it a rest.
    not sure if u ever read anything on any videogame (specially true on mmorpg), but u don't own, a ****

u can pay monthly, all at once, a mix of both, microtransactions, nobody cares, u have nothing

it was true when u could buy a physical game and then pay (or not) for multiplayer, now u pay for the right of playing, call it renting, call it... lol u didn't know it?
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I and others do feel that VIP does not have enough perks, this is a nice addition.
    Hoping there will be more VIP only servers in the future.

(The day they put tons of old packs inside MotU and placed the whole thing with a ddo point bonus on Black Friday at 75% off, is the day so many folks switched to premium?)

Perhaps there should be three forms of VIP:

Daily Gold rolls with large prepayment gaining packs to own as they come out = the current model they sold awhile back

Standard VIP as seen now

Basic VIP for those folks doing the buy as you go route - not sure exactly what this would look like.
    Perhaps it would be own as it comes out without the extra gold rolls and extras?

PS VIP folks don't dislike Premium folks.
    It is silly to think so, although VIP folks do want more bang for their buck, just like everyone else.

Full VIP price is paying that forever. Paying it ONCE to access the server while it is online is not. So of course I think you're wrong.

No Thank You!
    Well maybe if you worked for SSG you could make that happen, meanwhile you can pay the $30 for access, although at this point you've whined your way through roughly half the life of the HC server, so the cost is now higher than it would have been a couple months ago.

I don't look down on premium players. It's just a choice you made, just like I chose to go VIP. So now live with your choice instead of acting like SSG and VIPs are treating you like second class citizens, because we're not. You have the same opportunities as everyone else, you just made a different decision based on what was best for you. And I did give it a rest, but you necro'd your own thread 18 days after the last comment so you could vent some more.

Keep in mind, this is new. So they will be adjusting it based on feedback.

I hope they institute Hardcore Server slots on sale in the 'in game' coin store.
    Cheap slot only good for one event cycle, and a more expensive
    one good for every event cycle.
    If you buy a slot, that character is considered VIP, only on the Hardcore server.

simple change, company makes money, players get to play...win/win
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    Keep in mind, this is new. So they will be adjusting it based on feedback.

I hope they institute Hardcore Server slots on sale in the 'in game' coin store.
    Cheap slot only good for one event cycle, and a more expensive
    one good for every event cycle.
    If you buy a slot, that character is considered VIP, only on the Hardcore server.

simple change, company makes money, players get to play...win/win
    I can see non-VIPs complain once they start playing on a HC server though, for instance if they don't own all content they may have a hard time getting the needed xp or favor to earn the cosmetics. Same if they have to open on Normal instead of elite or reaper if a group is unavailable or they choose to solo. These should be things they are aware of prior to purchasing HC access, but I guarantee it won't stop the complaints from rolling in.

nah, not a problem, if they buy a Hardcore server character slot, THAT toon is considered VIP so they can enter
    dungeons at max difficulty same as any other player there.

as for content, I think I would include access to ALL dungeons...but that is it...premium goodies and classes
    have to be purchased by the player...same as rest of VIP but that is not a big deal
    because most of it is already available with VIP status.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

nah, not a problem, if they buy a Hardcore server character slot, THAT toon is considered VIP so they can enter
    dungeons at max difficulty same as any other player there.

as for content, I think I would include access to ALL dungeons...but that is it...premium goodies and classes
    have to be purchased by the player...same as rest of VIP but that is not a big deal
    because most of it is already available with VIP status.
    Assuming the devs have a way of keeping track of account status on a per server basis. Never been done in DDO before. They would have to combine whatever Premium features they have along with this supposed "HC only" VIP status. I am guessing it would be too much trouble to code and would be a problem.

They kinda already do that.

That is how they know if you should have access to the Hardcore server or
    even for that matter which players have access to sharn or not.

Adjusting for dungeon access on one server is easy, just manually set all the dungeons on that server to be free access.
    It really would not have anything to do with any single player since all players on the server should have access for all of it.

Easy enough.

Can they do it, ya
    Is it easy to do...pretty much
    Do they want to do it ??? that is the real question

Actually no, the real question is still "Can they do it".

I have never heard of a "set this server so everyone can access all quests" button as you suggest.

The way they know you have access to the HC server is by checking to see if you are VIP or not.

The way they know if you have access to Sharn is by checking your account, which is inclusive of all game worlds.

Community Member The_Apocalypse's Avatar

Rant, tantrum, arguing...

I like pie...

Bacon pie...

12 layers...
    "The body is but a vessel for the soul;
    A puppet which bends to the soul's tyrrany.
    And lo, the body is not eternal,
    For it must feed on the flesh of others,
    Lest it return to the dust whence it came.
    Therefore must the soul
    Deceive, Despise, and Murder men..."

--A.J.Durai

They kinda already do that.

That is how they know if you should have access to the Hardcore server or
    even for that matter which players have access to sharn or not.

Adjusting for dungeon access on one server is easy, just manually set all the dungeons on that server to be free access.
    It really would not have anything to do with any single player since all players on the server should have access for all of it.

Easy enough.

Can they do it, ya
    Is it easy to do...pretty much
    Sorry, just now seeing all your replies. My email was full of other stuff...

Reading your post here got me to thinking.... Maybe all the quests are already set to anyone can get in. And that's why the server itself is VIP only. And if they let us premium players in, they would have to change all the programming for all the quests.... ?

Cause I had sent in a request for a Hard Core Server Access Fee. For the premium players. A fee that's not full VIP price. Giving us just the access to the content we own over there. And each time it comes out we have to pay the access fee again. But I got no response....

Cause I had sent in a request for a Hard Core Server Access Fee. For the premium players. A fee that's not full VIP price. Giving us just the access to the content we own over there. And each time it comes out we have to pay the access fee again. But I got no response....
    I could see them doing this and would not be against it as a VIP. The only reasons I could see them not doing this:

1. They want to use the HC League as a means to recruit more VIPs.
    2. They want to avoid the cries of those who don't own a lot of content being at a huge disadvantage on HC trying to get the needed xp/favor/RP for the rewards.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast