Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,198

    Default Overlevels to look out for.

    I've noticed a few issues running max overlevel for favor. Please add morre if you know them.

    Catacombs, quests are 3, talk to dryden is 2.
    Delera's, quests are 5,7,7,8, turn in is 6.

  2. #2
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    Catacombs, quests are 3, talk to dryden is 2.
    Those give neither favor nor XP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    Delera's, quests are 5,7,7,8, turn in is 6.
    Not sure which one you mean by "turn in" - if the thing where you talk to the NPC to flag for the last (lvl 8) quest, that's a known hiccup.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Those give neither favor nor XP.

    Not sure which one you mean by "turn in" - if the thing where you talk to the NPC to flag for the last (lvl 8) quest, that's a known hiccup.
    It's still meaningful if they're playing on Hardcore. You could be low level enough to enter every quest in the Catacombs, yet somehow not be able to receive the quests from Dryden because of this lock.
    Same for the final part of Delera's.

  4. #4
    Community Member Xyfiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,165

    Default

    Had to redbox catacombs because I took 7 after the first one. You can't enter to advance the quest but can do them.

    All explorers are base level +4. Went to do Scoundrels run at 10 and couldn't get in anymore. Same thing will happen if you try to +4 levels in say RL 3rd chain.

  5. #5
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    It's still meaningful if they're playing on Hardcore.
    Ah, yeah, I had suggested a separate HCL subforum to (try to) avoid this sort of thing.

    Carry on, then, nm, GL all!
    o7

  6. #6
    Community Member Deathdefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    STK just tripped me up. Need to be max level 7 to enter the Explorer; I was blocked from both part 2 and part 3!
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,022

    Default

    Quest for Dragonmark is level 1 = max level 5

    Challenge for bribing bridge from korthos max level 4

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    I've noticed a few issues running max overlevel for favor. Please add morre if you know them.

    Catacombs, quests are 3, talk to dryden is 2.
    Delera's, quests are 5,7,7,8, turn in is 6.
    steam tunnels are level 3, if you take 8 to do the level 4 stk pt 2 you cant get in.
    Triple All

    Ghallanda forever.

  9. #9
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    I really hope the developers are taking notes.

    And I really hope there is a Season 2 with different cosmetic rewards and fixes to these problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Black Anvil Forest is level 1, so you can't do Made to Order or A Relic of a Sovereign Past at higher than 5th level.

  11. #11
    Community Member Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pocket Pita Plane
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Quest for Dragonmark is level 1 = max level 5

    Challenge for bribing bridge from korthos max level 4
    I thought the bribe was level 5?


  12. #12
    Community Member Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,148

    Default

    Just run these quests like you normally would. 2 levels over max. Problem solved.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    Black Anvil Forest is level 1, so you can't do Made to Order or A Relic of a Sovereign Past at higher than 5th level.
    Now if this is true. That one needs to be fixed. But if the explorer or part of the quest chain is within 2 levels, just dont run way over level. Come on people. Harecire server.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

  13. #13
    The Hatchery Cernunan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    You know, there
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    Black Anvil Forest is level 1, so you can't do Made to Order or A Relic of a Sovereign Past at higher than 5th level.
    That is absolutely absurd. Since it is week one they need to change this NOW
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

  14. #14
    The Hatchery Cernunan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    You know, there
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    Just run these quests like you normally would. 2 levels over max. Problem solved.
    That is how people are missing part 3 and 4 of STK. You do the first two at 5-7, but return to do parts 3 and 4 at level appropriate, but since steam works is 3, you no longer can enter the steam works .
    If you wait to do Necromancer in Delara's til lvl app, you can't enter the quest granter instance in Return to Delara which is 6.

    There are ton of these old traps in the old content. It is almost like the devs didn't put any work in preparing for this, or anything. I literally said it would be a mistake to prevent entering over level before this began
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

  15. #15
    Community Member Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    That is how people are missing part 3 and 4 of STK. You do the first two at 5-7, but return to do parts 3 and 4 at level appropriate, but since steam works is 3, you no longer can enter the steam works .
    If you wait to do Necromancer in Delara's til lvl app, you can't enter the quest granter instance in Return to Delara which is 6.

    There are ton of these old traps in the old content. It is almost like the devs didn't put any work in preparing for this, or anything. I literally said it would be a mistake to prevent entering over level before this began
    Maybe the devs thought players would run the quest chains as normal, at level. Problem solved. Either way, I agree some of the explorers probably need to be changed, but overall, if playing on the HC server, players should start playing a little more HC.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

  16. #16
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    Maybe the devs thought players would run the quest chains as normal, at level. Problem solved. Either way, I agree some of the explorers probably need to be changed, but overall, if playing on the HC server, players should start playing a little more HC.
    Take this with a grain of salt because I'm not playing hardcore just observing my hubby play. He just wants the Bloody Footprints so he's trying for the 5k favor mark. Early on he was under level doing things on elite, eventually he was at level doing quests elite, then he had to start holding his level. EVERYONE is first life. First life doing elite has more than enough XP when they have access to ALL content. For some people its difficult to not level when you are able and even more so the longer you hold the levels. Its an unfortunate surprise to stay within 2 levels of the quest on elite and then not be ale to enter the zone the quest is in. And many are unaware of the level lock-out affecting wilderness zones and some quest-gating such as Black Anvil Forest and its going to come as a nasty Gotcha when they go to run those quests in an effort to get as much favor as possible. So thank you to OP and anyone else keeping track of these Gotchas, I'll keep hubby informed.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  17. #17
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,107

    Default

    Just checking in - we are looking into making this process less confusing and reworking how the lockout interacts with Wilderness Areas. Ideally, nothing is a nasty surprise :)
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    It's still meaningful if they're playing on Hardcore. You could be low level enough to enter every quest in the Catacombs, yet somehow not be able to receive the quests from Dryden because of this lock.
    Same for the final part of Delera's.
    This is exactly what happened to me with the Catacombs chain. I ran the entire chain at Level 7, but couldn't collect any of the end rewards as the brief intro to Bishop Dryden to continue the chain is Level 2 while all of the quests are Level 3. I was able to get the favor and XP, but none of the rewards.

  19. #19

    Default

    Tangleroot Gorge is another one. The base level of the wilderness area is 4, while the last two Splinterskull quests in the chain are base level 7. I can't even enter now at Level 9 to complete the two "The Last Move" quests.

  20. #20
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,535

    Default

    I didn't even think about out leveling the Dragonmark quest until I thought I might want to swap a feat and found out I was locked out. Wasn't my happiest moment...
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .57194.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload