Exclamation Slayer areas on hardcore...

I dont know if this is intended but the over level lockout also locks you out from slayer areas if you are 5 or more level too high.
    This means you can most likely not do e.g. Bargain of Blood if you are level 11 or higher.
    If this is true for searing hights and Menechatarun you cannot run the quests inside on epic level at all.
    This means you have to do these quests depending on the level of the slayer area and not the quest if you want the favor.
    Maybe this will be fixed/changed but until this keep this in mind so you dont get a nasty surprise.
    (cannot fully test this yet because I have only a lvl 10 character available)
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    I dont know if this is intended but the over level lockout also locks you out from slayer areas if you are 5 or more level too high.
    This means you can most likely not do e.g. Bargain of Blood if you are level 11 or higher.
    If this is true for searing hights and Menechatarun you cannot run the quests inside on epic level at all.
    This means you have to do these quests depending on the level of the slayer area and not the quest if you want the favor.
    Maybe this will be fixed/changed but until this keep this in mind so you dont get a nasty surprise.
    (cannot fully test this yet because I have only a lvl 10 character available)
    Thank you for the heads up. I will inform my hubby, he's on hardcore with you guys but I read and respond on forums more. Sounds like a nuisance bug but also sort of funny.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Hahahaha thats classic

Also it means VoN3 cant be run on Epic, or any other Epic quest with a Heroic-only prequest

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Hahahaha thats classic

Also it means VoN3 cant be run on Epic, or any other Epic quest with a Heroic-only prequest
    Indeed, I just noticed that I cannot run some 3bc quests because the slayer area is CR5 (and my char is currently lvl 10)
    Some quests in 3bc are lvl 6 and 7 and I should be allowed to do them imho.
    For VoN 3 I see no quick solution but the level restriction for slayer areas where you get no favor or reaper exp should be removed.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Oh... oh my... that is quite the side effect. *starts researching which quests will have access locked out due to this and how it will affect ones ability to get to 5k favor*

Community Member

Wilderness areas really should not be restricted. You get massive XP hits if you are over level anyway and they don't give favor or reaper XP. What is the concern? Someone is gonna grind out a monster manual critter? Too much attention on a mechanic which requires none.

After all the effort bringing Reaper levels in line with Elite and removing Bravery Bonus level restrictions, now players have to keep another wonky level restriction in mind. What is the point?

It also means that that Saga can't be done by anyone over-level to enter SH or 3BC. Which is a bit of a kick in the stomach to Guilds. :/

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Sho-sa View Post
    ...they don't give favor or reaper XP. What is the concern? Someone is gonna grind out a monster manual critter? Too much attention on a mechanic which requires none.
    The opposite, I think: probably no concern at ll. I rather doubt they made a separate decision to lock out wilderness, and it's just a no-attention side-effect of the lock-out on quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Community Member

For epic quests that are in Heroic wilderness areas just add a dialogue option to the quest givers that takes you directly into the dungeon.

(i.e. dialogue option only available to characters over 20, otherwise they shrug you off as too low level)
    Last edited by False_Gods; 08-19-2019 at 03:44 AM.

The Original Batman Build Hinder's Avatar

Same thing with Tangle Root, quests go much higher level than wilderness. Hope they change this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Hahahaha thats classic

Hmmm... von3 and wizking. I guess they found a way to keep us from doing epic dailies on the hardcore server.

That's a hell of thing...
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Manager

We will be looking into what to do about this.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We will be looking into what to do about this.
    Thank you!
    And please keep in mind that some of us had no chance to get the favor from some quests because of this issue.
    Please consider that you can at least accumulate favor from several lives when it comes to the favor-reward and the leaderboard.
    It would be a bit harsh if we have to TR and lose all favor to have a fair chance to reach 5k favor or have the best-accumulated favor.
    Last edited by Chacka_DDO; 08-19-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    -Immanuel Kant-

-René Descartes-

Given that adventure areas do not add favor or reaper XP, the best solution would be to just have them ignore the over level restriction that hardcore puts into place.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer in Loreseekers and Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Default black anvil area

there are 2 quests relics of sov. past and another one in a wilderness by the name of blackanvil area that is located in house K by the bank. It is a level one adventure area and quests are like 10 or 11. you cant enter the area over level 5 but can't pick up the quests til 8 or so.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post
    Given that adventure areas do not add favor or reaper XP, the best solution would be to just have them ignore the over level restriction that hardcore puts into place.
    The best solution would be to remove all over level restrictions for slayer areas on all servers. Being told you cannot advance your slayer because someone too high in level is in the zone is lame. And getting reduced experience for being over level is also lame. Higher levels take more experience anyway so it isn't necessary to make low level slayer areas give even worse experience than they already do just because you are higher in level. Change whatever you need to change so that slayer areas no longer have an official level. That should fix all level associated penalties (including what is currently happening on the hardcore server).

Any ETA on this? Hit level 11 and missing a few quests due to this. I plan on trying for the 5k favor bar and it would be nice to get some this favor before it is forever out of reach.
    Choler 30 Brd 5PLs | Enmity 30 Clr | Exasperate 30 Sor | Ferocity 30Pal 13PLs | Furyous 30Inq Heroic/Epic Completionist 82PLs | Hiddin 20Mnk 2PL | Infuryated 30War 6PL | Retributive 20Dru 2PL | Vehemence 30Rog Completionist 35PLs | Vehement 10Pal 3Mnk 1Rog | Vexate 30Wiz Heroic/Epic Completionist 49PLs | Violence 30Clr Heroic/Epic/Racial Completionist 94PLs