Default night revels candy already bad?!

Is this WAI or something that happened with the new patch? I thought they were good at least until the next event or for the full year after. I was not expecting them all to go bad so soon.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

They had mentioned in the update 42.4 release notes:

Items

Night Revels Ingredients have crumbled to dust.
    I thought that meant that the Night Revels challenge crafting ingredients (cinnamon, almond, apple, caramel), but it looks like it applied to the temporary festival candies as well.

just so you know though, those candies are really meant to only last for about a month after the Night Revels event ends in November (by the end of the year if you read the candy description). Cordovan said they overlook the expiration date as a courtesy/favor to the community (the first year that the Night Revels debuted, it was more of an oversight that they did not degrade those candies by the end of the year, and Cordovan just winked and said he would not remind the person in charge of it).

personally, I think they should explicitly make the candies last for a year - I do like them.

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    Is this WAI or something that happened with the new patch? I thought they were good at least until the next event or for the full year after. I was not expecting them all to go bad so soon.
    Then you have not read the description properly. It very clearly says they will go bad at the end of the year. SSG have always been nice and let us use them until just before the next halloween event, so we almost get a full year out of them, instead of a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Then you have not read the description properly.
    The description that always has the wrong year listed? Hard to see why that would be confusing
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

There goes my extra dodge

On the other hand, I free up 3 spaces in my inventory...

Question: If I keep it till Halloween, does that mean I dont need to buy it again? It will auto unbad candy itself?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Then you have not read the description properly. It very clearly says they will go bad at the end of the year. SSG have always been nice and let us use them until just before the next halloween event, so we almost get a full year out of them, instead of a couple of months.
    The description said it would go bad at the end of last year...so clear as mud from what I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    The description said it would go bad at the end of last year...so clear as mud from what I can see.
    Actually its end of 2017, not 2019

Night Revels Candy is meant to go bad at the end of the year you get it in. Sometimes we let it last a lot longer, but it'll always go bad before the next Night Revels, which is coming up Soon.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Night Revels Candy is meant to go bad at the end of the year you get it in. Sometimes we let it last a lot longer, but it'll always go bad before the next Night Revels, which is coming up Soon.
    Will it un-bad itself when the night revels come? Or do I need to buy new ones?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Will it un-bad itself when the night revels come? Or do I need to buy new ones?
    You will need to get new candy.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    I noticed it had all gone bad.... bummer... got to use them for a while
    Last edited by LargoKeyWest; 08-17-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Community Member

Soon always has to be capitalized in context with DDO I love it.

I appreciate that the candies last as long as they do. Mabar is close.

Please continue the tradition of letting it last "a lot longer". Fizzling out after a few months would kind of suck... Not the stick again, Daddy!!!

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"