Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

can we get a guild purge of people in land of the lost souls? cant get back into either guild after dieing and removing my toon.
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    can we get a guild purge of people in land of the lost souls? cant get back into either guild after dieing and removing my toon.
    Thank you.

All dead purged.
    All living purged unless logged in for 3 days or less.

Massive purge from guild 2 should make room till I log back in much later today.

May the odds ever be in your favor.

Also, Devs any chance you could check out dwindling guild space numbers due to modified guild size/whatever cause we are at about 650ish toons atm or less?

Edit, guild 1 filled up already, will purge more from it later today.
    Answered all letters and messages, deposited donations.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-03-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Building a guild on the hardcore server is quite interesting.

Nothing is permanent, its like real life at 90 mph.

I look towards, "what will keep the guild running for another 12 hours?"

Since this will last for 90 day, and if I stop logging in everything falls apart, I have come up with a solution or two.
    When I log in, first thing I do is boot the fallen (obviously, although sometimes players surprise me and leave the guild after they fallen which is the preferred method).
    Next, I promote everyone to officer (been my choice from the beginning and it has paid off well).
    After that, I look at the guild size and if the guild is close to full (pretty much always), I started booting by the bottom of last logged in date.
    (If you want to stay in the safe zone, make sure 4 days does not appear beside your toon).
    <Pretty much that time frame seems to keep the guilds open enough for dead toons to be replaced and return to the guild, so I go with the 3 day safety zone.>
    Next, the mail, answering any questions.
    And any tells or guild chat...

Eventually, I work towards a dungeon if I have time (doing a lot of oil painting lately along with other stuff).

I don't think that if this server was permanent that I would continue this guild indefinitely, but the 3 day safety zone boot should get me thru the 90 days...
    Its way too much to log in every 4 hours or stay online all the time to try to get players back in when they die.
    Still puzzled by guild size formula at times?
    Likely only a Dev can explain thus.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

A reply to guildie wondering why they were booted for inactivity:

"We are daily stopped from gaining more than 3 levels thru renown.

Any loss of renown from booting is immediate recovered within 10 minutes of playing time, while the remainder of the renown that day is lost.

Although I would love keep everyone in the guild, both guilds fill up completely if I don't keep booting those who have not logged in every 3 days or less.

This leads to player frustration as when their toon dies, they cannot make a new toon and return to the guild.

The only reason we have two guilds is simply lack of space for the popularity of the guild.

Renown is not an issue, we get renown locked every single day.

Apologizes for losing your guild spot, in a 90 day temporarily server, time is precious and your spot made someone else very happy."

Guildie had already reentered the guild by the time I answered this mail.
    So all is well that ends well...

May the odds ever be in your favor...
    (not sure if that is Fawn's blessing or that one death is possibly around the next bend?)

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

PS this guild is still open to all as is our /joinchannel openguild and our ship buffs by invitation.
    Happy hunting.

Currently trying to keep about 20 slots in each guild open for reentry when I log out, but guild numbers vary (currently 630ish for guild 1 makes it full).

Thank you for doing this, appreciated.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Last weekend we had guild one fill up twice, but I came in and cleared out room.

Thinking that the Memorial Day Vacation Weekend was busier and possibly peaked the HCL.

Monday is steady, but with both guilds sitting at about 15ish extra slots, I am only kicking the fallen so far.
    Small update tomorrow, will probably log in after that to promote and sweep the deck of the fallen....

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Expected an update which did not happen, left some guild members in that had not logged in and both guilds filled up while real life kept me busy.

Guild 1 filled at 614, Guild 2 filled at 622
    Not sure why the funny numbers, not sure if we have a dwindling guild capacity or if the real limit is something like 600 accounts plus some room for alts?
    This caught me off guard as I was thinking limits were 630ish.

Guilds now have room to recruit.

Suggestion was made to not promote to officer until past low levels, which I will consider.
    Promoting to officer does put less pressure on me to recruit which is nice.

Likely, just keeping at the "if you don't want to be booted, make sure and log in every 3 days" system as it works.
    If you get booted, just
    /joinchannel openguild
    and ask for reinvite.

Someone commented, Fawn started these guilds just to break the world record of most booted toons from a guild.

LOL, that would be quite a consolation prize.

Build a guild on the hardcore server is like building in quicksand...lol...
    Gone for 12 hours and its time to hammer in some piers to prop everything up again...

The HCL certainly is fun though, good luck and may the odds ever be in your favor.

We had a toon get to level cap, and on principle I am never going to boot that toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    We had a toon get to level cap, and on principle I am never going to boot that toon.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thank you!

I did a pre-weekend purge just now as we have been mostly leaving guildies in this week.

Any toon level 10+ was left in, as I worked my way up thru half of the 4 day group.

Decided that Epic Toons will now be immune from purging, mostly out of great respect from Fawn & Company.

I will be busy this weekend, but will check in when I can.

And no, I am not anywhere near a bomb range today, because well that smacks of stupidity (considering not all bomb explode when they land and after they land there are many sharp edges - oachie, plus the obvious danger of seeing a live bomb flying in the air, because that is what happens at bomb ranges...its how they get their name o0o0o0o)
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-20-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Last Sunday afternoon, both guilds filled up, so I returned to the tried and true method of:

PnP = Promote the new N Purge the fallen along with those not logged in for 4+ days.

Is someone mails me a "going on vacation, please don't boot my toon" they get a complementary guild invite mailed to those toons ahead of time, and then I delete the letter.
    Just know that by the time you return I will have done about 80 quality checks and maintenance of the guilds.
    Checking thru a list every time I click is a bit too much for me to handle compared to you clicking once on a guild recruitment sigil.
    The last think I need is getting out of bed early to make sure the guild has not filled up.

Salute again the Epic Officers!
    Congratulations!
    We have really had a lot of folks achieve thus lately to the point that I have to assume you have taken your sash and moved on...
    Space is so slim, that leaving a growing number of two dozen+ folks permanently in the guild is noble but impractical.

Either way, renown is still not an issue.
    Guild one sat at level 75 yesterday afternoon, evening, night and this morning.
    Any kicking during that time period (one dropped to level 74 twice, then popped back up in twenty minutes) was instantly made up by the renown being temporarily reactivated.
    <A guild can only earn three levels a day.>

Saga renown continues to be immune to guild limits and guild purges.

The guild continues to serve the people, and I thank every one of you for supporting the
    /joinchannel openguild
    (which is currently at 53 online = one of the higher channels that I have ever seen in ddo)
    and
    these
    Open Guild for All
    &
    Open Guild for All Two

"...once again, I am reminded that the strength of a kingdom lies not in its king, but within the people..." <ending of the animated movie Quest For Camelot>

Both guilds practically run themselves, so thank you.

I watch and listen to the chats & channels, and am very happy that these remains positive and helpful.

The death toll on the HCL is astounding.

Yes, if you think Fawn is bidding her time to make her run, you are right.
    We are less than halfway done with the 90 days.

Yesterday, we had a buck and two does walk thru the front driveway eating berries.
    LOL, and of course, my camera was out of reach, although taking pictures thru screen and glass is not the best quality.

For those of you wondering if there is still room at the Inn, yes my methods keep room for those poor souls trapped in the Hardcore League.
    Good lucki!

Thank you for creating the guild and financing the gship!

Do you have any plans post-event to start a live guild or migrate over to live servers? I'm a returning player after (6?) years of inactivity, and my old guild on live died out ages ago. I really enjoyed hardcore and would jump at the chance to stick with some names I can recognize, or even just the common experience/anticipation for a possible season 2.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Invitation after the event:

Quote Originally Posted by Qadashael View Post
    Thank you for creating the guild and financing the gship!
    You are welcome.

Do you have any plans post-event to start a live guild or migrate over to live servers?
    After many such requests, I have formulated a special invitation for everyone who joined the Open Guild for All, Open Guild for All Two, or the channel openguild:

Fawngate on Khyber is the leader of an almost empty guild.

If you happen to transfer or have a toon on Khyber after this event is over, just mail Fawngate a hello, and she will mail you an invite to her guild.
    the guild name is in latin and it is
    EVOCATI AUGUSTI

EDIT: and she has just mailed out the first HCL invitation.

I'm a returning player after (6?) years of inactivity, and my old guild on live died out ages ago. I really enjoyed hardcore and would jump at the chance to stick with some names I can recognize, or even just the common experience/anticipation for a possible season 2.
    Welcome back and glad to have you!
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-30-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

new message of the day:

"ask not for whom the bell tolls..."'

Thanks for the idea guildies.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Due to today patch, I am having trouble logging in.

Purge and Promote was done on Guild 2, cannot get into Guild 1 atm.

Suggest players take great care while lag is increased and log ins are uncertain.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Now able to log in with both my accounts, thank you.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Please send Fawngate/Fawnglow mail when either guild 1 or 2 fills, I am trying not to kick till server issues are fixed.

Having trouble getting in like me, just remember the saying:
    "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again..."

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Promote and Purge done on both guilds, just the fallen were kicked.

Took 6+ attempts to get into guild 2, but we made it.

Patch upcoming possibly Friday, hopefully will deal with issues.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Able to log in with both accounts, first try.

No lag during promotion of toons.

Others are saying online things seem improved today.

Waiting to boot those not recently logged in, but its looking like this weekend is a go for hardcore (or night revels if you prefer) good luck all.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

For those who unfairly were booted from the guild on Saturday while I was logged out, my apologies.

The person(s) has been reported for harassment in a ticket along with their names sent by PM.
    The person(s) is no longer in the guild.

One of the reason that I heavily promote is to avoid thus, and they only were able to toss new members in an 8 hour period of time from one guild.
    I suspect they left, because they knew I would kick them the moment I logged on.

Please accept my apology and resubmit via
    /joinchannel openguild

Also sent visual proof to Cordovan along a note.
    I am sure they will deal with the situation appropriately.
    The guild continues to function as always for the players of the hardcore league.
    Good Lucki and Happy Hunting.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 10-13-2019 at 03:56 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast