Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    For those who unfairly were booted from the guild on Saturday while I was logged out, my apologies.....
    You read stories here on forums of such things, but watching them unfold in person is just surreal.

Here's hoping the 'sad individual' gets at least a 35-day ban to keep them off the server for the rest of the event.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I did notice that guild 1 had 3x higher than normal new members when I logged in after the grieffing occurred.
    So, I conclude that those dozen booted out of guild 2 simply rejoined guild 1 (after screenshots were taken).

The Open Guild continues per normal after the incident, and although it was reported thru several channels, punishments are unlikely to be posted as such not communicated.
    I feel such is unlikely to happen again.

The opening of mabar along with the lag/log in issues of last week affected the HCL population somewhat, but today things are hopping with lots of new members and lost souls.
    I am still being a bit light on the booting, mostly trying to keep entries = exit by booting 6-7 days not logged in atm.

The open guild for all is still recruiting as its purpose remains to grant remarkably helpful ship buffs to the hardcore populations even those visiting the airship who have not joined the guild membership.
    All are welcome.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thumbs up

Doing my 4th life with Athros in Open Guild, Silver. Thanks for setting it up.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Doing my 4th life with Athros in Open Guild, Silver. Thanks for setting it up.
    4th life Undying.

/Salute.
    DDO Freebies

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

(Guild: [Guild] _____: unsure how many times the elemental shrines saved me XD
    (Guild: [Guild] ______: thanks so much

(player well on their way to 5k renown)

Another person suggested that I make sure and leave a throw away toon as leader of the open guilds, and I agree one of my toons will "go down with the ship".

Yes, they are doing a data wipe, but might as well have the one in a million option of guild recovery available, and its poetic for the captain to go down with the ship.

(yes, I do monitor the chat and make sure people are helpful and happy)

Help Please, i joined the guild 3 days ago (thanks for setting this all up!). Last night I tried to log in with a guild toon who was on the ship but the connection just timed out. When I loaded a guild toon that was NOT located on the ship, I connected and loaded ok. However after entering the guild ship my connection timed out AGAIN! Now every guild toon is stuck on the ship and I cant log into any of them without the connection timing out. all other toons (unguilded) load fine. BTW other servers where I have my ship loads fine.

Thanks for ANY advice (ingame help doesnt work either)
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by schelsullivan View Post
    Help Please, i joined the guild 3 days ago (thanks for setting this all up!). Last night I tried to log in with a guild toon who was on the ship but the connection just timed out. When I loaded a guild toon that was NOT located on the ship, I connected and loaded ok. However after entering the guild ship my connection timed out AGAIN! Now every guild toon is stuck on the ship and I cant log into any of them without the connection timing out. all other toons (unguilded) load fine. BTW other servers where I have my ship loads fine.

Have you tried again today?

Only thing I can think Silver can do is try booting and reguilding your chars. PM those char names to Silver here &/or one of the Fawns in game to try that.
    DDO Freebies

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Which guild are you located in:

Open Guild for all
    or
    Open Guild for all two

What is your toons names?

I will log in and do a purge which should help a little bit, after all the guilds have about 1k toons or less in each one.

Also please
    /joinchannel openguild

Purge complete all 1 week+ were booted.
    Suggest we find your toons, boot them and reinvite them to guild 2 as it is less busy.
    Also suggest you contact your internet provider as some issues can make ddo borderline.
    Also sympathy for internet conditions as I know many people don't have uber super good internet.
    Many a past raid that chests and portals would not spawn to allow me to participate....
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 10-24-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Have you tried again today?

Only thing I can think Silver can do is try booting and reguilding your chars. PM those char names to Silver here &/or one of the Fawns in game to try that.
    Yes I tried all morning. Just finished and uninstall and reinstall of the client, no help.

I was able to make an in game help ticket this morning but now i cant follow up on it. The in game help window seems like it will not load either. Ive played an alt up to level 3 with no other problems. Other server toons work fine.

I re upped my VIP just for this!

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Yes I tried all morning. Just finished and uninstall and reinstall of the client, no help.

I was able to make an in game help ticket this morning but now i cant follow up on it. The in game help window seems like it will not load either. Ive played an alt up to level 3 with no other problems. Other server toons work fine.

I re upped my VIP just for this!
    I can boot your toons from the guild then you can use
    /joinchannel openguild
    to request ship invites?

Would that help?
    Need toon names to do so.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Apparently loading into Eberron instead of the normal loading in avoids the airship which helped him get online.

But he cannot enter the guild airship from house k.

I booted your toon from guild 1 and mailed you an invite to guild 2, or you can see if a party invite works.
    Let me know if you want anything else done?
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 10-24-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Apparently loading into Eberron instead of the normal loading in avoids the airship which helped him get online.

But he cannot enter the guild airship from house k.

I booted your toon from guild 1 and mailed you an invite to guild 2, or you can see if a party invite works.
    Let me know if you want anything else done?
    Thanks for trying to help. I was becoming a bit frustrated.

It appears that all hardcore ship instances are broken in my client somehow. Toons there cannot even get an invite after leaving the guild. This is not the case on my main server (arg).

Longtime player for 12 years who quit about 8 months ago, only to return after hearing about hardcore. I think the hardcore concept is brilliant way to revitalize the game. I was a bit disappointed to find that its
    not a permanent server. I would love to see permanent hardcore server setup.

Im still gonna play but without ship buffs its gonna be hardhardcore!

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thanks for trying to help. I was becoming a bit frustrated.

It appears that all hardcore ship instances are broken in my client somehow. Toons there cannot even get an invite after leaving the guild. This is not the case on my main server (arg).

Longtime player for 12 years who quit about 8 months ago, only to return after hearing about hardcore. I think the hardcore concept is brilliant way to revitalize the game. I was a bit disappointed to find that its
    not a permanent server. I would love to see permanent hardcore server setup.

Im still gonna play but without ship buffs its gonna be hardhardcore!
    Wow!

Good luck!
    May the odds ever be in your favor!

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

You might check after each downtime, as hardcore guilds like open guild don't shut down any between downtimes, which is why its necessary for the shutdowns.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Only 2 shopping days till Halloween...

If you are not in the spirit yet, just pause in the harbor to watch the Fallen descend from our airships passing by.

As a service note, the airship will remain open on Halloween as the Kobold Union has volunteered to pilot during this holiday.
    If you happen to depart at unusual stops, please note that regular service will resume the next day.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Just a few days left, but the mega Open Guild for All & Open Guild for All Two remain open and still functioning to give your toon the best chance to succeed in the hardcore league event.

Guilds are level 97 & 84 and there is nothing left to buy.

Big success thanks to you - the player participating!

I just set up the final successors: Recruiter and Recruiters in case I want to free transfer the leaders after this is over.
    I will not be disbanding the guild in the very, very unlikely event anything survives the data wipe for season two.
    (Let the Devs have the fun of sinking the ships...)

/joinchannel openguild is still active

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    UPDATE 11/13/19 - Here are a couple of final details to pass along:

- We will be running the Hardcore League event until 11:59:59pm Eastern (-5 GMT) on Friday, November 15th, after which point we will be taking the Hardcore server down.

- Once the worlds are down, we will be collecting the necessary information to get the final standings for the Leaderboards and other rewards.

- We will likely reopen the Hardcore server in December (further timing TBA) for people to do whatever work they want to do in the game world, and to use the Free Character Transfer feature to move the characters off of the Hardcore server.

- Players can expect that, once the time has passed for them to transfer their characters off of the server, there will be a full wipe of the server database. This means no guilds, Astral Shard balances, characters, etc.

I created three new toons to house my purchase of over 140 level 24 ranger shard hire, spending my 560 leftover astral shards.
    Placing two toons as successors to hold leadership position and go down with the airship.
    Emptying shared banks as we speak to get ready for free transfers off this world.

been great fun folks!

Recruiter and Recruiters are now the guild leaders (still me).
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 11-13-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Thanks!

@Silverleafeon: I know it's already been said by many, but just to add my voice to it, thank-you very much for doing this. You rock!
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    @Silverleafeon: I know it's already been said by many, but just to add my voice to it, thank-you very much for doing this. You rock!
    +1

Thank you!

Community Member

Default Thanks for your generosity and community spirit

@Silverleafeon Thank you so much for forming your guilds. My wife and I levelled three toons to 20 with your help - we decided not to try for the much harder favour rewards this time.

We had a blast!
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast