Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    Just checking in, players know the folks at SSG like to eat and have a roof over their head, right?

They had to bring another server on line, create & run a unique version of the game, etc...
    I am happy that VIPs get in for free!

Maybe to address your larger point, they could have offered "ticket" purchased with DDO points...
    Maybe next time...
    Lol. We don't get in for free, we pay our subs.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by DareDelvis View Post
    “When the Hardcore League ends on November 15, players will have a limited time to transfer any character from the Hardcore Server to any of the existing DDO servers of their choice - even characters who have died. These dead characters will miraculously find their way out of the Land of Lost Souls to reenter the world of the living and resume play like a normal character.” - from the official announcement

I am assuming that this means that a dead character will not revive to grab stuff out of the account bank, but will personal bank items transfer?

Also that a living character can simply grab the account bank stash and then transfer.

Is that about right?
    Yes. It'll work just like any other character transfer, other than if you are dead you're stuck in the Land of Lost Souls.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Sorry SSG, but this is stupid.

I have supported you over the years by buying every piece of story content this game have to offer. Hell I bought the game on release, so even paid for the box. I also own all races & classes, except for some iconics.

Yet, you want me to pay for VIP, which would give very little value for me, except access to hardcore mode?

No. Nope.

Have fun. Im out...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by herigor View Post
    Sorry SSG, but this is stupid.

I have supported you over the years by buying every piece of story content this game have to offer. Hell I bought the game on release, so even paid for the box. I also own all races & classes, except for some iconics.

Yet, you want me to pay for VIP, which would give very little value for me, except access to hardcore mode?

No. Nope.

Have fun. Im out...
    Unfortunately the devs gave up caring about anything other than money a while back. Just look at the Masterminds of Sharn expansion. They used 10 year old graphics from their archives and put little to no effort into the quests. I too have supported DDO for almost a decade. I hold VIP status and think it is a joke that you have to be one to play hardcore league.

They are no longer looking for new players they just seem to be wringing out every last penny they can from anyone gullible enough to give it to them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    Just checking in, players know the folks at SSG like to eat and have a roof over their head, right?

They had to bring another server on line, create & run a unique version of the game, etc...
    I am happy that VIPs get in for free!

Maybe to address your larger point, they could have offered "ticket" purchased with DDO points...
    Maybe next time...
    There are 2 ways of making money.

1. Overprice everything ridiculously and have a small percentage of the player base that is unhealthily invested in the game carry the load.
    2. Make reasonable prices to attract more new customers, have more people pay smaller amounts.

One of those is sustainable, the other isn't. Just look at the expansions: the base package costs as much as a brand new game, so it's just not reasonable to buy them when you can wait a bit and grind for them. I remember how hyped I was before RL came out, I was playing so so much. I was thinking of all the goodies and getting a higher tier of the expansion. Yet, it wasn't worth it. Far too expensive. So I waited for RL (and it wasn't worth the grind, so I stopped playing for half a year).

Here, it's similar. Not a single person in this game will go "Ooh! Hardcore mode, I'll get VIP for that." So the only way they gain anything from this is through "whales" that spend through all their orifices for tomes etc. If you instead go for a token system - have them be available for Astral Shards (DDO Points are too ubiquitous at this point, that's a whole other issue) with a few ways to get additional tokens*. 1 Token = 1 Life in HC mode. This way you can still reward the loyal VIPs while actually making money from everyone interested instead of just exploiting the same whales over and over again.

* I'm not a creative person, yet I can still give examples: recruit new players. Once they make a single purchase, you get a token. New reward for 5k favor: a token (only viable if HC were a long-term thing). Reach level 10 with a HC character - another token. VIPs get 1 token a week (or something). 1 Token for every 5$/€ purchase. Granted, I have no clue how often people die, so I don't know how to balance it so that it's not like challenge tokens where they just add up and never get used, but if you make them rare enought but not too rare, people will grind for them - or pay.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Agreed^^.

One question. I think this must be a PD thing or something. Lot of folks reply to a death announcement with just "F". I hope the meaning of that isn't sitting next to me chewing my ankle, but what's that stand for?
    I had to ask about this too as I had no idea why everyone was doing it. After a bit of google research, I found it's a reference to a Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. Apparently at one point in the game you visit the funeral of a friend and are prompted to "Press F to pay respects." It became something of a meme for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    ...you visit the funeral of a friend and are prompted to "Press F to pay respects." It became something of a meme for a while.
    Once I heard about the CoD reference, a text to my son got my answer - almost word-for-word what you wrote.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234