Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Nice having a whole bunch of players in one guild, they talk about stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Guild members tell me to swap instances (there is a korthos 2 and 3), they replied such fixed thus.

Tried it. Didn't work. Still, can't interact with the NPC Baldar.

My Jornal is on To Help Baldar with Cannith Crystal completed.

Abandoned the quest
    Talked normally with the NPC
    Did it again
    But... not able to Turn it in... so can't move to Bar quest and wilderness
    No Signature...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Potatofasf View Post
    Tried it. Didn't work. Still, can't interact with the NPC Baldar.

My Jornal is on To Help Baldar with Cannith Crystal completed.

Abandoned the quest
    Talked normally with the NPC
    Did it again
    But... not able to Turn it in... so can't move to Bar quest and wilderness
    Korthos is packed.

Try relogging?

Korthos is packed.

Try relogging?
    Managed to get it... is the busy Korthos.
    No Signature...

Community Manager

We are investigating an issue with NPC interaction. One thing that can help is to switch into a different instance if possible. The issue is ultimately a far larger-than-normal number of players interacting with these NPCs, and we will be working to correct this as soon as we can. We realize that Sunny-side Korthos Island is particularly prone to this issue, so one option is to head into The Harbor and do low-level questing there instead, then return to Sunny-side Korthos later.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Manager

We want to let people know that, for the Hardcore League server only, we've decided that customer service will not be helping people get out of quests they are not able to complete due to a bug or other issue. We don't want CS being asked to complete dungeons for people, for example, regardless of the cause. We realize that might be a bit harsh depending on what happened, but the best solution if you get stuck in a quest is to either run a different quest or recall out, reset the dungeon, and try again. This isn't a wider policy decision, just one for the Hardcore League only.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...stern-(-4-GMT)

The Hardcore League server ONLY will be down for about an hour tomorrow morning starting at 8:00 AM Eastern so we can correct the issue where players are having difficulty interacting with some NPCs.
    Join us on Twitch!

The average Joe is quite welcome inside our Guild:
    "Open Guild for All"

which is only place that I am spending cash on this server.
    This makes me want to start GloboGuild Purple Cobras.
    I am the natural one.
    "When life gives you excrement, make Excrement Golems."
    Disclaimer: My greenies come from comedy. I should not be confused with those who are knowledgeable and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nat_1 View Post
    This makes me want to start GloboGuild Purple Cobras.
    No one makes me bleed my own blood.
    "Unexplained noises are best left unexplained."
    -John Bellairs-

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...stern-(-4-GMT)

The Hardcore League server ONLY will be down for about an hour tomorrow morning starting at 8:00 AM Eastern so we can correct the issue where players are having difficulty interacting with some NPCs.
    "The Hardcore League is now OPEN!"

...annnnnd it's gone!

Still, if having many players at the same place at once helps you find otherwise undetected bugs, this is a pretty neat little perk!

Current Known Issues:

• Character deaths are being broadcast at level 2 and above instead of the intended level 10 and above.

I think you should leave the broadcast announcements at level 2 and higher. It is very fun. I wish that there was some bugle or funeral sound when it broadcasts - I know that would get annoying after a while, but it really is a cool reminder of the mortality rate.

I also agree that it would be fun to publish after the event some statistics for where people were dying the most, at what level, etc. etc.

I did have a question - not sure if it was already answered somewhere - if you spend a life unlocking favor and hit 5000, and speak to the mortality vendor to claim the reward, is that locked for good even after you TR? or would you lost that reward on the main servers of you TR'd and were unable to achieve 5000 favor again?

Click here to learn more about this special event server which runs through November 15th!

Current Known Issues:

• We have temporarily disabled Mortality, the Hardcore League vendor NPC, on the non-Hardcore game worlds. Mortality will return to the non-Hardcore game worlds soon.
    • Character deaths are being broadcast at level 2 and above instead of the intended level 10 and above.
    • The vendor Mortality on the Hardcore server ONLY requires the character who has earned the appropriate amount of favor to speak to it in order to receive the award. The non-Hardcore servers are functioning correctly, however.
    • The map is displaying incorrectly in the Land of Lost Souls.
    That was actually pretty cool... We had a lot of fun with it in General Chat. Nobody made 10 last night through midnight. It seemed like level 8 was the hard cap. My group all made level 5 as we were trying to run everything and go back and help level late arriving stragglers in the guild.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    I think you should leave the broadcast announcements at level 2 and higher. It is very fun. I wish that there was some bugle or funeral sound when it broadcasts - I know that would get annoying after a while, but it really is a cool reminder of the mortality rate.

I also agree that it would be fun to publish after the event some statistics for where people were dying the most, at what level, etc. etc.

I did have a question - not sure if it was already answered somewhere - if you spend a life unlocking favor and hit 5000, and speak to the mortality vendor to claim the reward, is that locked for good even after you TR? or would you lost that reward on the main servers of you TR'd and were unable to achieve 5000 favor again?
    Yeah, the lower level broadcast ended up being quite fun so far. We were trying to be mindful of spamminess, but it ended up ok. Still, though, as things progress, it may make sense to up the threshold to its originally-intended level 10 and above.

To your other question: Once you have acquired the award by speaking with Mortality, the reward will be there even if the character dies or True Reincarnates. That character does, however, need to claim the award first.
    Join us on Twitch!

Yeah, the lower level broadcast ended up being quite fun so far. We were trying to be mindful of spamminess, but it ended up ok. Still, though, as things progress, it may make sense to up the threshold to its originally-intended level 10 and above.

To your other question: Once you have acquired the award by speaking with Mortality, the reward will be there even if the character dies or True Reincarnates. That character does, however, need to claim the award first.
    I also enjoy the lower level death announcements -- maybe change it to level 3 to help prevent spammers if that is an issue. Maybe for 10 and higher as special different color or some sound (funeral dirge?) comes with it to honor those who got so far.

We want to let people know that, for the Hardcore League server only, we've decided that customer service will not be helping people get out of quests they are not able to complete due to a bug or other issue. We don't want CS being asked to complete dungeons for people, for example, regardless of the cause. We realize that might be a bit harsh depending on what happened, but the best solution if you get stuck in a quest is to either run a different quest or recall out, reset the dungeon, and try again. This isn't a wider policy decision, just one for the Hardcore League only.
    Doesn't seem like they are helping with anything - i have a bug that made my inquisitive unavailable after I did a reset of enhancements, which is ruining build

Please, please, please do not turn off the broadcast notifications for lower level deaths. It really has been an eye opener and a great reminder for us (me, two of my sons, and my nephew) to take our time. We are all in on this server, we have made it to level 7 so far, with no ship buffs, no store items; however, we do use the daily dice rolls. All quests which can be run in reaper have only been run on R1 so far. We are to scared to run anything higher since we have practically no hit points compared to other characters on Thelanis, heh. We will be continuing our progress today.
    Lyghtki | Immortalyght | Eternalyght | Annihilyght of Omega Guard on Thelanis

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Like others, I feel that level 10 is far too high for death announcements, please leave this feature at level 2 as is, or at the most move it to level 3.
    No higher please.

It allows one to share the heartbreak of seeing several level 5 toons die in a row, knowing that a champion/reaper/trap caused a party wipe.

Level 6 is a major accomplishment on this server, and level 4 is a big deal.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Paisheng View Post
    Maybe for 10 and higher as special different color or some sound (funeral dirge?) comes with it to honor those who got so far.
    Sounds good.

Saw the first level 10 announcement just now, had quite a reaction from the guild!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilyght View Post
    Please, please, please do not turn off the broadcast notifications for lower level deaths. It really has been an eye opener and a great reminder for us (me, two of my sons, and my nephew) to take our time. We are all in on this server, we have made it to level 7 so far, with no ship buffs, no store items; however, we do use the daily dice rolls. All quests which can be run in reaper have only been run on R1 so far. We are to scared to run anything higher since we have practically no hit points compared to other characters on Thelanis, heh. We will be continuing our progress today.
    I'm tempted to say the community has spoken on this one and for now at least we might as well keep it where it is.

Also, are people saying this isn't a bug, but a feature?
    Join us on Twitch!

I'm tempted to say the community has spoken on this one and for now at least we might as well keep it where it is.

Also, are people saying this isn't a bug, but a feature?
    Lol it should be a feature. When someone dies in our guild, the first thing that person does is laugh in guild chat at all the good natured ribbing and sincere support that they receive. The social aspect is.. Alive again. The game feels like it did on day one.
    Watts
    Hacks And 'Sploits

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast