Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ohhh .. so .. much .. fast .. xp!!

Love it!

Community Member

Default working for other Mac users?

as far as i can tell, the "hotfix" seems to have fixed things that most players care about and left the Mac client standing on coals. the Mac client now crashes at the character selection screen and not after hitting Play.

Default Option XP Where Manditory

Optional xp now ransacks. What abt quests like Devils Assault, where the "optionals" aren't actually optional at all, but mandatory for quest completion ? Since this is one of the very few quests with Tokens of the Twelve, we have to run it multiple times for Tr. There's at least one other quest I've seen where the 'optionals' are actually 'manditory' for quest completion, but I cant think which one it is right now

Why do the ransacks on optionals not start from the update point ? Instead they have backtracked to the start of my toons' lives. We shouldn't be penalized for our actions before the new system was implemented

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    Why do the ransacks on optionals not start from the update point ? Instead they have backtracked to the start of my toons' lives. We shouldn't be penalized for our actions before the new system was implemented
    This should no longer be the case with this update, all players should start as of this update as if they had never completed any optional objectives before today.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This should no longer be the case with this update, all players should start as of this update as if they had never completed any optional objectives before today.
    You rock ! You are the greatest, smartest, most awesome, most wonderful, most beautiful/handsome, most thoughtful, most kind Dev they have !!! (With the exception of Cordovan's cat, of course, cause who can resist her )

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Players: WE HATE THE PERMANENT OPTIONAL RANSACK DOWN TO 20%! WE HATE IT SO MUCH!

SSG: We hear you loud and clear and we're not going to make Optionals ransack down to 20% with no recovery over time.

Optional Objective's Experience Rewards now ransack at a slower rate:The first, second, and third time you achieve an optional objective, you will receive 100% of the experience.
    The fourth time you achieve an optional objective, you will receive 80% of the experience.
    Fifth: 60%
    Sixth: 40%
    Seventh: 20%
    Eighth: 0%
    SSG: We're going to make optionals ransack down to 0% with no recovery over time.

Nice job on the Bravery Bonus reset between Heroic and Epic, though. That will help.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Not home yet so can't check, but haven't seen a "worlds are open" post (unless I'm being blind).

Current Status? Up? Down? Top? Bottom? Strange? Charm?
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Not home yet so can't check, but haven't seen a "worlds are open" post (unless I'm being blind).

Worlds are up.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

"Pear-Shaped" seems a likely status candidate.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

I'm logged in as of now.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Players: WE HATE THE PERMANENT OPTIONAL RANSACK DOWN TO 20%! WE HATE IT SO MUCH!

SSG: We hear you loud and clear and we're not going to make Optionals ransack down to 20% with no recovery over time.

SSG: We're going to make optionals ransack down to 0% with no recovery over time.

Nice job on the Bravery Bonus reset between Heroic and Epic, though. That will help.
    I'm still wondering about the quests where the 'optionals' are actually mandatory for quest completion, such as Devils Assault. DA is one of the few places for tokens. Would pretty much suck lemons to have to fight in there for 1/2 hr, just to get almost zero xp, since over 1/2 the xp comes from the mandatory optionals.

Most people do the optionals for the fun of it, since the xp on most sucks anyways. I foresee a lot more people skipping the opts, and a lot of newbies losing out on learning abt them when doing them for the 1st time and in a party of more experienced players

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that previously (with how it was imagined before) you'd have to rerun a quest 14 times to get the same optional xp as you now get only after 6 runs. 7th run is the same as the 15th previously and now you do not get optional xp after run 7, but on runs 8 through 15, the total xp over all runs is still higher than before.
    Orien - Gorrue - Current Life: Inquisitive Rogue/Arti

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I'm logged in as of now.
    Cheers Mem
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Default Mac client still not working?

So I spent the past 16 hours downloading the "non-Legacy" Mac link that was posted, and it finally finished installing a few minutes ago (long enough for me to read through these posts and find no answer)...Mac is still down.

for me it opens my RESOURCES folder after I click LOGIN to the game server, then crashes.

this is day 4 for us GMT+5ers...

Are any Mac users able to log in from the official DDO download? I saw something mentioned about STEAM, but I don't use it...
    "For those who would stand against the weight of a universe to rise but one step further over its horizon."

Community Member

Default No Login on my Mac

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacHigh View Post
    So I spent the past 16 hours downloading the "non-Legacy" Mac link that was posted, and it finally finished installing a few minutes ago (long enough for me to read through these posts and find no answer)...Mac is still down.

for me it opens my RESOURCES folder after I click LOGIN to the game server, then crashes.

this is day 4 for us GMT+5ers...

Are any Mac users able to log in from the official DDO download? I saw something mentioned about STEAM, but I don't use it...
    Same here... opens folder... won't run

Bravery Bonus range in Epics is now +4 rather than +2 of the Base quest level. Players above the +4 range will receive half of their Bravery Bonus. This functions just like the Bravery Bonus range in Heroics, but with an expanded range.
    So this is taking the bravery bonus in epics back to base+4 like it was prior to all the XP changes. Can you clarify if Phiarlan chain and Sentinels chain are exceptions? Prior to all the changes, for just these 2 specific chains (i.e. level 20 epic quests), bravery bonus was base+3. Are these 2 chains now being normalized to base+4?

Default Still no Mac solution?

is there still no word on what's going on with Mac not loading? ...it's after midnight here and this will be day 5 of not able to log on...
    "For those who would stand against the weight of a universe to rise but one step further over its horizon."

Community Member

is there still no word on what's going on with Mac not loading? ...it's after midnight here and this will be day 5 of not able to log on...
    try this:

Restoring Mac app from Time Machine backup: WORKING

Last edited by Daarsurra; 08-16-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Default I don't have time machine...

Quote Originally Posted by Daarsurra View Post
    thanks Daarsurra, but I don't use time machine...

can't I just download a working file from the official site? why is it so complicated? I use Mac so that I don't have to program or code...

Community Member

thanks Daarsurra, but I don't use time machine...

can't I just download a working file from the official site? why is it so complicated? I use Mac so that I don't have to program or code...

currently, SSG doesn't seem to have worked that out, but yes, we all should be able to play this game without these headaches. [fingers crossed]

also, i highly recommend using Time Machine (native Mac backup system) with an eternal hard drive...it's super easy and worth it for so many reasons.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast