Community Member

Default Which character planner to use, and how?

Once upon a time, in a life long lost in the foggy memory of an old man, I played a mix of arti (rune arm and early traps), barb (fast moves, SWF, occult slayer bonds), and warlock (main, general whiz-bang). I have forgotten the details, and would like to recapture them.

So, there are 3? planners (wiki), maybe outdated?, one with tutorial. Is there any advantage (to a beginner) in using one or another?

Opinions, please.

Afaiu, only 2 are still being updated currently.

Myself, I like EllisDee37's for the simplicity and clean forum layout, however Ordinary's seems to have more details included (like full PL details w/ bonuses) at the cost of a busier presentation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Myself, I like EllisDee37's for the simplicity and clean forum layout, however Ordinary's seems to have more details included (like full PL details w/ bonuses) at the cost of a busier presentation.
    Thanks, I have downloaded and tried Ordinary's planner and played with it for a while. Lots of stuff to input, but thought it might be good in the long run. May try the Lite too. Plenty of time with game down every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoma View Post
    Lots of stuff to input, but thought it might be good in the long run.
    Yeah, when I do a build, I don't worry about every last PL bonuses it enjoys (beyond the # of build points). Bonuses are just gravy on top of the build, they rarely change the build itself.*

(* Things like caster DC's and certain Skill totals (Jump, UMD) being the couple exceptions that jumps to mind, but I can figure that out myself if/when I need to.)