Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I agree.

There are a lot of angry threads. I wish I knew the breakdown of the number of people who like the new update vs those who do not.

But I for one am glad of the changes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    I agree.

There are a lot of angry threads. I wish I knew the breakdown of the number of people who like the new update vs those who do not.

But I for one am glad of the changes.
    Not a single person likes all of the changes. Those that claim to are doing so to be contrarian or going full extremist on the side of blissful ignorace by way of denying and ignoring. This is a blissful ignorance thread and that was obvious when OP said balance is better now.

And there would only be discussion threads rather than angry threads but the devs have taken a stance that's somewhere between silence on the real issues and low quality snark.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    Hi

I'd just like to thank SSG. I think the game has really developed since they took over. I especially like all the new quests. They did a great job on ravenloft and i think they have been keeping up the good paste.

I am also glad they implemented the "no second click" on entering airships. I suggested this and it makes me feel like they actually listen to the players.

So a big thank you to SSG for making a great game even better!
    Another satisfied customer Hope you don;t mind me quoting your post from another thread into this one.
    The forums have so much negativity and complaining that it gives the impression that most players don;t like the game. It's good to see that there are many who do love it.

Love DDO!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    Not a single person likes all of the changes. Those that claim to are doing so to be contrarian or going full extremist on the side of blissful ignorace by way of denying and ignoring. This is a blissful ignorance thread and that was obvious when OP said balance is better now
    You are entitled to your opinion, though I disagree with your comments. Having said so, could you please refrain from posting here unless you have something positive to say about the game? There are plenty of other spaces in the rest of the forum for you to post criticisms and negativity If you try hard, I am sure you will manage to find something you enjoy about DDO.

Love DDO!
    Last edited by Khalibano; 08-17-2019 at 03:20 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khalibano View Post
    Another satisfied customer Hope you don;t mind me quoting your post from another thread into this one.
    The forums have so much negativity and complaining that it gives the impression that most players don;t like the game. It's good to see that there are many who do love it.

Love DDO!
    I don't mind at all. I read your post and this thread and decided to start a new one since this thread seemed to fill with complaints fast. Hope that's ok.

And yeah. Love DDO!
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

Community Member

Any more praises and gratitude for the Devs and the game in general? Let's bring some positivity into the forums, there is too much 'gloom and doom'. If you like the game and the changes that have been implemented, keep sharing your love

Love DDO!

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Any more praises and gratitude for the Devs and the game in general? Let's bring some positivity into the forums, there is too much 'gloom and doom'. If you like the game and the changes that have been implemented, keep sharing your love

Love DDO!
    I'm pretty happy that people are calling out SSG when they do something wrong. That's a Good Thing(tm). People stop complaining when they give up on a game and leave. Telling SSG that they want the company to do better means they still care.

That is a positive thing. Unlike the enforced, fake positivity where people pretend that nothing is wrong so that nothing gets better.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I'm pretty happy that people are calling out SSG when they do something wrong. That's a Good Thing(tm). People stop complaining when they give up on a game and leave. Telling SSG that they want the company to do better means they still care.

That is a positive thing. Unlike the enforced, fake positivity where people pretend that nothing is wrong so that nothing gets better.
    Really trying hard to see what it is you like about the game and/or changes done recently. Not sure I got it, but it sounds like you like complaining about the game Well, I guess that counts, somehow. Thanks for the contribution!

Love DDO!

Community Member

Another nice thread to praise what is great about DDO:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...WOW-I-love-DDO

So glad to see more positivity and gratitude in the forums!

Love DDO!

Community Member

You are entitled to your opinion, though I disagree with your comments. Having said so, could you please refrain from posting here unless you have something positive to say about the game? There are plenty of other spaces in the rest of the forum for you to post criticisms and negativity If you try hard, I am sure you will manage to find something you enjoy about DDO.

Love DDO!
    I like the custimization it offers over other games.

This doesn't change the issue of the last 4 months worth of updates and expansions being one step away from cancer.

Despite the fact that my last thread was for the explicit purpose of criticizing some of the recent changes, I'm going to take the opportunity to toot the opposing horn here.

I've loved a lot of recent changes in DDO.
    - I like the Sharn content, environments and story
    - Tieflings are fun and look nice
    - Inquisitors (desperately need a nerf, BUT) are fun
    - The addition of Morale Bonuses to crit threat range for select weapons that were under-performing was nice (IMO, a number cruncher might disagree)
    - I really like the ED changes and PM changes on paper, though haven't had the chance to play with them yet (Might burn this post later, we'll see )
    - The EXP adjustments were great for me personally since I love running a variety of quests and by and large now can much more freely. While I don't run Reaper I think the changes to EXP there were amazing too. Still think Optional Ransack was a bad change overall but meh; also hoping to see some more increases for certain quests which still fall WELL below the curve. More F2P love pls.
    - If the above IS the start of a player-favoring trend of decreasing grind for all players I will literally buy the entire office pizza for a week
    - Hardcore Server is a GREAT idea and I hope it sticks around or gets incorporated into the wider game.
    - Bard changes were amazing to me (Exploit Weakness was especially fun this week )
    - Removing the confirmation button from entering the Airship was a nice QOL change, which has made guild buffing feel infinitely less tedious. (Bet you thought I wouldn't bring up something that small!)
    - Arcane spell damage boosts were hilarious

I have a laundry list of things that irk me or that I'd change in a heartbeat if I had the power, knowledge and money, but you know what? **** all that, I love DDO, and I'm extremely happy with the majority of things that have been implemented lately. I may not always like what comes up, and I'll say it if I don't, but keep on rockin' SSG.

P.S. Great job on the hotfixes and keep them up, the new patch has created some hilarious bugs that make my QA soul both hurt and laugh and I'm glad to see them being addressed and fixed so quickly. (RIP Exploit Weakness ;-;7)
    Last edited by LTForge; 08-21-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LTForge View Post
    Despite the fact that my last thread was for the explicit purpose of criticizing some of the recent changes, I'm going to take the opportunity to toot the opposing horn here.

I've loved a lot of recent changes in DDO.
    - I like the Sharn content, environments and story
    - Tieflings are fun and look nice
    - Inquisitors (desperately need a nerf, BUT) are fun
    - The addition of Morale Bonuses to crit threat range for select weapons that were under-performing was nice (IMO, a number cruncher might disagree)
    - I really like the ED changes and PM changes on paper, though haven't had the chance to play with them yet (Might burn this post later, we'll see )
    - The EXP adjustments were great for me personally since I love running a variety of quests and by and large now can much more freely. While I don't run Reaper I think the changes to EXP there were amazing too. Still think Optional Ransack was a bad change overall but meh; also hoping to see some more increases for certain quests which still fall WELL below the curve. More F2P love pls.
    - If the above IS the start of a player-favoring trend of decreasing grind for all players I will literally buy the entire office pizza for a week
    - Hardcore Server is a GREAT idea and I hope it sticks around or gets incorporated into the wider game.
    - Bard changes were amazing to me (Exploit Weakness was especially fun this week )
    - Removing the confirmation button from entering the Airship was a nice QOL change, which has made guild buffing feel infinitely less tedious. (Bet you thought I wouldn't bring up something that small!)
    - Arcane spell damage boosts were hilarious
    Awesome list here, thanks for the contribution! I also love all the changes you have mentioned, especially the morale bonuses to weapons that were not used much. I have 19 alts, and 3 of them now benefit from the morale bonus:
    Arti battle engineer with Knight's training,
    Monk Nija assassin with kamas and
    Monk Henshin with staves.

Quote Originally Posted by LTForge View Post
    I have a laundry list of things that irk me or that I'd change in a heartbeat if I had the power, knowledge and money, but you know what? **** all that, I love DDO, and I'm extremely happy with the majority of things that have been implemented lately. I may not always like what comes up, and I'll say it if I don't, but keep on rockin' SSG.
    This quote pretty much summarises how I feel. How did you read my mind?
    "**** all that, I love DDO" is exactly the feeling that drove me to start these threads: Nothing/nobody is perfect, and never will be. DDO is my escapism and one of my favourite hobbies, so hell ya, enough reading 'gloom-and-doom' on the forums, lets share some love about what is going great about the game

Love DDO!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123