Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Is that any different than "GXBs and Shuriken Online"?

Inqui isnt doing anything that wasnt already being done. Heck, the best DPS Inqui right now isnt even an Inqui, its still an 18 Rogue Mech that just uses GXBs with NHB.

Inqui just makes it easier to get that kind of ranged ability, without needing to slog through 1-20 on a super-weak Shuri build, without being tied to a single piece of uber gear like Volley, without needing a plethora of PLs, etc.
    Cut the **** buddy. Inq is doing everything that was already done significantly better than was already done and combining multiple classes into one tree on top of it. Best ability out of Battle Engineer, best ability out of Mechanic, here have some free fort bypass and uncapped dodge and while we're at it here's some neat on hit effects to complement your Improved Uncanny Dodge and auto-detection.

You're obviously welcome to enjoy the new OP af meta on a playstyle you already liked. But to pretend like it's not grossly OP is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post

You're obviously welcome to enjoy the new OP af meta on a playstyle you already liked. But to pretend like it's not grossly OP is just stupid.
    Is inquisitive op?

Yes.

But it's fun to play, at least for me, and I'll keep playing it until it gets nerfed to oblivion. Which will probably happen shortly after Sharn is available for points in the ddo store.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post

Expand your imagination. ^^
    Inquisitive still massively outrages instakills even with double range via metamatic, the exact use of this depends on dungeon geometry but I'd put inquisitive above even 100% success rate IK wizards, especially since they do much better single target even with the new spells.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    While not literal top tier at end game, it takes very specific builds, some which suck to play through younger levels and mature in epics, to be slightly better than this dual wielding crossbow hilarity.
    The player base picked this balance scheme when they refused to allow dire charge to be properly balanced. They chose to have melee suck 1-28 in exchange of being better than everything else at level 29. The player base doesn't have the right to complain about ranged and casters being better 1-28 when they are the ones that decided it should be like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyelvis View Post
    However, they are the real rogues of DDO now. They steal kills better than anything imagined.
    Expand your imagination. ^^ (edited picture out as duplicate)

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    Inquisitive still massively outrages instakills even with double range via metamatic, the exact use of this depends on dungeon geometry but I'd put inquisitive above even 100% success rate IK wizards, especially since they do much better single target even with the new spells.
    It's good synergy to have both in a group, but I'm betting on instakills. New spells? Pfft. I'm not going to even attempt to deal caster damage in epics. It's a lost cause to have tanks or heal/supports deal damage. Even if you figure it out it will just get gutted.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-14-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    Incorrect. If you have run with a pk wizzy after this update in r7-10 your inquisitor is there for doom reapers and bosses. Nothing more. Cant believe they needed to buff prob the most dominant high reaper class. Ridonculous
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    Come on SSG, archers will permanent manyshot wouldn't be as broken as this.

Congrats on coming up with something that takes less skill to play than a warlock.
    Hey now, stop making fun of my ghetto paladin (aka warlock)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post
    Incorrect. If you have run with a pk wizzy after this update in r7-10 your inquisitor is there for doom reapers and bosses. Nothing more. Cant believe they needed to buff prob the most dominant high reaper class. Ridonculous
    Yeah, not sure why they buffed the reapers (but they seem to be less responsive or slower), but it is what it is. But I agree here too. Inquis is a good noob toon. They run out of gas for noobs the further they move from special bows, and high reaper. Wiz should be good against even these if the new SLA's start to work and new DOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    Inquisitor is ludicrously OP.

I've been playing on and off forever, but I'm nowhere near a powergamer , don't usually pay that much attention to what I'm doing.

But built a 20 Rogue, equipped a free Ravenloft Xbow (the 29 one) and using the Inquisitive tree with some mechanic stuff, (and of course KTA)I am shredding EE and R1 and 2 solo, - and there are some who do much better I admit, but I'm not someone who even pays attention, go into the quest, and as long as I have room to run/kite/shoot at a distance, I win.

-And that is a pure Rogue, the number crunchers seem to suggest it would be better using Artificer split.

There isn't anything else I've found remotely as easy for just farming stuff.
    Here's something I would highlight. Think about top tier weapon for a given build. Typically, how powerful is the most top tier weapon in the game for that build compared to the free RL weapon? It's usually quite a bit more powerful than the free RL version, or am I wrong? But the free RL crossbow is about as good as any other heavy crossbow in the game. Inq is balanced around an easy to farm item is the main thing about it. I have 30+ PLs and 35 reaper points and I'm only good for R3 if I have to do most of the work when I was running Inq. I made no compromises to maximize my dps, taking every possible feat and enhancement to absolutely max my dps, maxing out gear, fully loaded with Sharn, RL, Slavers items that were appropriate for ranged dps. I'm now using the Syriana heavy crossbow and its not much better than free RL item, but maybe a lil better all around due to breaking DRs well. Except maybe Volley, which is not really that Inq of an item, there's nothing better out there for me, itemwise. Yes, its a way for some players to get a chance to get some reaper points and try a lil endgame. Good!
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Community Member

Default Boo Hoo

Threads like this make me think people just want to grief the people who purchased sharn.

Inquisitives are fun to play and not nearly the most OP builds by far.

Maybe a bit less rage and a bit more fun are what's in order, or did your monk get nerfed so in your misery you're looking for some company?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nevilian View Post
    Maybe a bit less rage and a bit more fun are what's in order, or did your monk get nerfed so in your misery you're looking for some company?
    Actually I loved getting monks nerfed.

The OP garbage needs to be nuked, this stupid crossbow BS is the current OP garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

I don't think INQ is OP, it's a good model if anything. If they do nerf it to balance other ranged classes, I hope they do it with care. Best time to mildly nerf it would be when they introduce a rare quest drop named crossbow that is significantly better than current near-freebie and yet top of the line crossbows that are just ok. Then players can aspire to have as good as INQ again, maybe even better INQ on balance. Still a way to have a class balance and without long term nerf given that no great crossbows in game currently (excluding great crossbow thingy).
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    I don't think INQ is OP, it's a good model if anything. If they do nerf it to balance other ranged classes, I hope they do it with care. Best time to mildly nerf it would be when they introduce a rare quest drop named crossbow that is significantly better than current near-freebie and yet top of the line crossbows that are just ok. Then players can aspire to have as good as INQ again, maybe even better INQ on balance. Still a way to have a class balance and without long term nerf given that no great crossbows in game currently (excluding great crossbow thingy).
    They won't, they break everything they touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

Community Member

The OP garbage needs to be nuked, this stupid crossbow BS is the current OP garbage.
    I’m a noob.
    I’m on working toward my 4th PL
    First as a stupid double xbow user.
    I has been fun.
    I kill things better than before.
    Many vets still way out gun and are far more survivable.

This complaining is confusing. Am I missing the PvP arena? The gameplay i see is not competitiveness, it grouping or solo play. A squishy ranged DPSer is just a role. How does it break the game? How is this garbage? Would you prefer we play less useful ranged DPSers? Will you promise to not have perfect knowledge of every trap in the game and let me play my trapper roles with my lower skills w/o perfect eq, mass pl’s, and +6 skill tomes?

Community Member

The player base picked this balance scheme
    Players is devs nao!

Cool story as usual.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    Players is devs nao!
    No, we have more power than that. We are the money. PS: I called the heroic monk nerf this patch:

This is causing nerfs to be directed at melee classes such as monks, which is ruining heroic class balance, which was already dominated by warlocks. The problem is high level melee, and as such, bug fixes and nerfs should be directed where they belong.
    So if you are wondering why heroic monks lost 25% base helpless damage and went from 9% to 25% damage debuff in R1 heroic leveling and are way less effective today than last week, now you know why. Players picked this balance scheme. If you have any doubt about player's picking it, simply read any dire charge thread. Enjoy your choice.

We should start a club! I'll bring cake!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-15-2019 at 01:49 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I'm OK with this. The very top builds should be delicate balances, leveraging all your opportunity costs in a synergistic way...and those kind of builds arent going to peak until the very end, since they require all their parts to be put together before they're working at full strength.

As for low skill floor - I'm ok with that too. It shouldn't be a purely linear function of "ease of use" vs. "max efficacy". You should be able to get like 80-90% of the power of the top-end meta with low- to medium-investment builds.

This isnt just a crutch for players that are too lazy to 'git gud'. This is also a band aid solution for the alt crisis, letting you build alts that are functional in various playstyles even without investing hundreds of hours of grinding and gearing.
    I think that is what made warlocks such a great addition to the game. The low skill floor (and, vastly more importantly, the low gear floor) made it possible for new people (and older people that never farmed great gear) to finally be able to function effectively in the game. Inquisitive appears to fulfill much the same role (I haven't played it yet myself). Whether you are new, poorly geared, or just an alt, Warlock and Inquisitive allow you to quickly make a character functional and that is definitely a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevilian View Post
    How dare you think players should have fun playing DDO. There is a vocal minority that there should be no fun what-so-ever while playing DDO. If you are not grinding, you are doing it wrong.

I know it wasn't singularly you but...still not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I still do wonder how the Inquisitive plays at for example level 5 ... But I'm nowhere near that, and since level 5 is of no-one's interest here, I rest this case ...
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Community Member

I'm with you Tilo that after being super-restrictive about CC otherwise, an easy DC, low-CD, AoE helpless was silly ability to just throw out to all melee end-game. This is not exactly how it worked in D&D either, the AoE helpless may just be a side effect of poor translation to DDO.

Helpless damage has been nerfed though, and with the advent of gnomes, there are other ways (but harder to build for) to get AoE helpless if they did nerf Dire Charge.

I'm not convinced monks were originally nerfed due to Dire Charge (why not tempests then?), or that the recent changes were entirely due to Dire Charge. Mass Hold was probably at least as big a factor. It's a problem when end-game content has to be balanced around all trash being helpless 100% of the time. To ramp up difficult you quickly reach one-shot levels of damage, and then what?

Although you do have a point that the recent update resulted in a slight nerf to heroic monk DPS, (150->120 for 1 stunned creature), it doesn't seem that big of a deal. While I think they could get some MP back at lower levels, the most frequent complaint from epic monks seem to be the MR cap. Monk has a lot of mobility and some CC/healing, so isn't it only fair if they are a little bit behind pure DPS such as assassins, barbs, fighters?
    Last edited by LurkingVeteran; 08-15-2019 at 06:35 AM.

The player base picked this balance scheme when they refused to allow dire charge to be properly balanced. They chose to have melee suck 1-28 in exchange of being better than everything else at level 29. The player base doesn't have the right to complain about ranged and casters being better 1-28 when they are the ones that decided it should be like this.
    Justification of not simply poor game balance, but lopsided game balance.

Sure, the player base lobbies hard to keep the things they want into the game, but the company could still make the adjustment. Anyone doubting this doesnt need to look far for evidence, as this very update is a perfect example of players lobbying hand over fist to keep specific XP mechanics, only to have them changed anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast