Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Inquisitive is the most broken thing you've ever released on purpose

Come on SSG, archers will permanent manyshot wouldn't be as broken as this.

Congrats on coming up with something that takes less skill to play than a warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

Community Member

Inquisitive is just a better greatxbow mechanic, which is just a better repeater arti.

I still find it hilarious that a ml8 weapon (ratcatcher) in the hands of an inquisitive outdpses greatxbow mechanics until Volley at 28.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    Inquisitive is just a better greatxbow mechanic, which is just a better repeater arti.

I still find it hilarious that a ml8 weapon (ratcatcher) in the hands of an inquisitive outdpses greatxbow mechanics until Volley at 28.
    I predict nerfs to INQ starting in 15-16 months, just before the newer better latest thing gets released.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

This thread makes me think OP wasn’t around for the release of Warlock.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Warlock wasn't nearly as good as people thought it was, it was always top tier for the specific job of speed clearing heroics and trash clearing), but especially after it's first few (of many more to come) nerfs it ended up being a ghetto sorcerer.

Inquisitive is significantly better than even pre-nerf warlock at everything except for heavy aoe situations, it's much better boss dps, much more survivable (killing everything before it even has a chance to make an attack on you is better than any amount of temporary hitpoints below infinity) and literally only needs a minimum level 8 weapon and some speed boots to clear everything until cap.

Not that I necessarily want inquisitive to be nerfed, it's only one of many, many op builds right now, a current sorcerer is 10 times stronger/faster in heroics than any warlock ever was, and once the completely broken and bugged to hell state of updated draconic incarnation is fixed it'll be even more op than before.
    Last edited by FlavoredSoul; 08-13-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    This thread makes me think OP wasn’t around for the release of Warlock.
    I was, and this is dumber.

NOTHING should be nerfed as long as this nonsense exists.

I disagree. Inq has a lower barrier of entry for not failing with endgame math, but its not top tier for true DDO elites. Inq is democratic and fun, but not ridculously OP imo.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Community Member

I like to think Inqui is the new standard to which all the other builds will be tuned up to

Seriously...having played a Repeater Arti for a long time, through various lives and iterations...having a couple other alts with different playstyles...Inqui is by far the most fun of any build I've played. It doesnt feel OP to the point that its not fun anymore, its not God mode. It feels like what ranged builds always should've been but never quite got there. I probably notice it more than most would, too, because I'm a very casual TRer and I dont have all the relevant PLs for a ranged build, but Inqui doesnt need them as much.

I'd love to see my melee alts brought up to that same level of efficacy and completeness, at a similar investment point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I predict nerfs to INQ starting in 15-16 months, just before the newer better latest thing gets released.
    Unfortunately this is why I get so upset. They know its a problem before release and allow it to persist feigning ignorance until the "newer better latest thing gets released." After 15 months (Actually the next full patch), it should be a "hands off" mantra because you obviously did it on purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    I disagree. Inq has a lower barrier of entry for not failing with endgame math, but its not top tier for true DDO elites. Inq is democratic and fun, but not ridculously OP imo.
    Neither was Warlock but that has officially been nerfed to great for heroic leveling only.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    Warlock wasn't nearly as good as people thought it was, it was always top tier for the specific job of speed clearing heroics and trash clearing), but especially after it's first few (of many more to come) nerfs it ended up being a ghetto sorcerer.

Inquisitive is significantly better than even pre-nerf warlock at everything except for heavy aoe situations, it's much better boss dps, much more survivable (killing everything before it even has a chance to make an attack on you is better than any amount of temporary hitpoints below infinity) and literally only needs a minimum level 8 weapon and some speed boots to clear everything until cap.

Not that I necessarily want inquisitive to be nerfed, it's only one of many, many op builds right now, a current sorcerer is 10 times stronger/faster in heroics than any warlock ever was, and once the completely broken and bugged to hell state of updated draconic incarnation is fixed it'll be even more op than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I like to think Inqui is the new standard to which all the other builds will be tuned up to

Seriously...having played a Repeater Arti for a long time, through various lives and iterations...having a couple other alts with different playstyles...Inqui is by far the most fun of any build I've played. It doesnt feel OP to the point that its not fun anymore, its not God mode. It feels like what ranged builds always should've been but never quite got there. I probably notice it more than most would, too, because I'm a very casual TRer and I dont have all the relevant PLs for a ranged build, but Inqui doesnt need them as much.

I'd love to see my melee alts brought up to that same level of efficacy and completeness, at a similar investment point.
    I gave up on my melees after reaper, inq is so OP compared to melee, especially since it doesn't need to get hit as much.
    I wish the devs put that same level of care and op-ness into a new (paid) 2hf melee class that could survive as easilly as a ranged toon can, with the aoe damage equivalent of a sorc and the item support of x-bows and casters.

Its never gone happen though, the devs don't care about that playstyle anymore, as the meta currently shows.

I wonder how many people would pay for a good 2hf class? As good as inq is now?
    Maybe add a str based heroic and iconic race to it all? Just as OP as inq, maybe a half celestial, half draconic ogre? Lol

While not literal top tier at end game, it takes very specific builds, some which suck to play through younger levels and mature in epics, to be slightly better than this dual wielding crossbow hilarity.

DDO forumites have clamored for nerfs of anything that is lower skill floor which doesnt require the time consumption or the gear tetris that some of these top tier builds do, since shiradi was released into the wild.
    Historically: If every melee nerf after each melee class revamp was reverted back to its pre-nerf version, which melee build(s) are OP in the current meta?

Quote Originally Posted by whoolsey View Post
    Maybe add a str based heroic and iconic race to it all? Just as OP as inq, maybe a half celestial, half draconic ogre? Lol
    Id enjoy a non class specific AP line that TWFs great weapons. People have suggested the monkey grip feat for years, and we got dual wielding crossbows instead.
    Historically: If every melee nerf after each melee class revamp was reverted back to its pre-nerf version, which melee build(s) are OP in the current meta?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    DDO forumites have clamored for nerfs of anything that is lower skill floor which doesnt require the time consumption or the gear tetris that some of these top tier builds do, since shiradi was released into the wild.
    There's a "skill floor" and then there are builds that chimpanzees with an extra chromosome can play effectively.

Community Member

Not a class, but another new Universal tree. Centered around Greatclubs and Unarmed fighting. Brawler, probably.

That would complete the "Uni tree for every style" set. VKF for TWF/SWF, Inqui for ranged, Brawler for THF/Unarmed. And, like VKF revitalized daggers, it would serve to create a role for Greatclubs, and it would also decouple Unarmed from being a "just for monks" style, although unarmed Monks themselves would also benefit from having a second tree to actually spend points in without having to go Tempest or Kensei.

Community Member

While not literal top tier at end game, it takes very specific builds, some which suck to play through younger levels and mature in epics, to be slightly better than this dual wielding crossbow hilarity.

I'm OK with this. The very top builds should be delicate balances, leveraging all your opportunity costs in a synergistic way...and those kind of builds arent going to peak until the very end, since they require all their parts to be put together before they're working at full strength.

As for low skill floor - I'm ok with that too. It shouldn't be a purely linear function of "ease of use" vs. "max efficacy". You should be able to get like 80-90% of the power of the top-end meta with low- to medium-investment builds.

This isnt just a crutch for players that are too lazy to 'git gud'. This is also a band aid solution for the alt crisis, letting you build alts that are functional in various playstyles even without investing hundreds of hours of grinding and gearing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Not a class, but another new Universal tree. Centered around Greatclubs and Unarmed fighting. Brawler, probably.

That would complete the "Uni tree for every style" set. VKF for TWF/SWF, Inqui for ranged, Brawler for THF/Unarmed. And, like VKF revitalized daggers, it would serve to create a role for Greatclubs, and it would also decouple Unarmed from being a "just for monks" style, although unarmed Monks themselves would also benefit from having a second tree to actually spend points in without having to go Tempest or Kensei.
    I'd like to see a Knight tree that specializes in the Knights training weapons.

Back on topic, nerf the hell out of this crossbow garbage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    I'd like to see a Knight tree that specializes in the Knights training weapons.
    KT already does a lot to make them viable. Giving them a tree on top of that would make everything obsolete...they'd be the new Khopeshes, which is exactly what KT was introduced to eliminate

You're thinking thematically, you gotta think balance-ily too

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    Come on SSG, archers will permanent manyshot wouldn't be as broken as this.

Congrats on coming up with something that takes less skill to play than a warlock.
    I think you nailed it here. Inquisitive and warlock are designed for similar reasons. They are for new players who want to play ranged or arcane casters respectively. If you find them dull or dont like them, then dont play and/or dont allow them into your LFMs. It is that simple. Personally, dumbed down easy to play versions of rather complex characters is a good idea, and opens the game up to a wider variety of players.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by tinyelvis View Post
    I think you nailed it here. Inquisitive and warlock are designed for similar reasons. They are for new players who want to play ranged or arcane casters respectively. If you find them dull or dont like them, then dont play and/or dont allow them into your LFMs. It is that simple. Personally, dumbed down easy to play versions of rather complex characters is a good idea, and opens the game up to a wider variety of players.
    If the classes were "balanced" to Swashbuckler levels (the last I heard, this is what the standard for game balance was supposed to be?) AND if new things didn't get whacked by the nerf bat the moment sales started to dip off... then I would agree with your sentiments. As it is, this is a case of "abuse early and abuse often" to be "rewarded". Latecomers will not have the same experience with this enhancement tree.
    Griglok (main)- Cleric (TRing), Duelcore- Wiz 18/FvS 2, Embezzler- Rogue, Fiergen- Ftr 8/Rgr 6/Mnk 6, Greyhead- monk, Havegun- Ftr 2/Pal 18, Jayberwocky- Ftr 8/Mnk 12, Laciolux- Clr 16/FvS 4, Prototech- Artificer, Rendorc- Barbarian, Seasharp- Bard
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast