Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default DDO Downtime: Wednesday, August 14th 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, August 14th for a hotfix. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you back in the game soon.

Notes: This hotfix will address an issue with the non-WINE version of the Mac client, correct an issue where Pale Master active attacks are not doing the appropriate amount of negative damage, correct scaling on Draconic Hunger, and correct an issue where Animated Allies were not able to rest to remove their zombie form.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 08-13-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Manager

Also: Please give me a bit of leeway on the hotfix notes. Some things are being actively worked on, so it's totally possible some things will be added, or a couple of the notes above will not successfully make it into the patch. There'll be more info tomorrow.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Default Crystal Cove extension?

Any chance to extend Crystal Cove through the weekend? Between these 2 down times and having to reconfigure my characters, no more game time for me till the weekend. Thought I would get the item I wanted tomorrow morning

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Dalnarac View Post
    Any chance to extend Crystal Cove through the weekend? Between these 2 down times and having to reconfigure my characters, no more game time for me till the weekend. Thought I would get the item I wanted tomorrow morning
    Crystal Cove is running through Sunday, so no extension needed.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, August 15th for a hotfix. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you back in the game soon.

Wednesday isn't August 14th?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Opener View Post
    *sigh* indeed.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Also: Please give me a bit of leeway on the hotfix notes. Some things are being actively worked on, so it's totally possible some things will be added, or a couple of the notes above will not successfully make it into the patch. There'll be more info tomorrow.
    NEVERRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Opener View Post
    This is the second time I've been freaked out (friend just wrote something similar). I'm flying on the 15th, and not nearly ready, especially if it's TOMORROW.

While you're making tweaks, if you have time, the Pale Master Necrotic Bolt not only seems to not be doing its proper damage but also has a typo in the description- the text says it does 4-10 damage, but on the dice (1d6+3) that should be 4-9. I've noticed that even with metamagics active it's doing about the same as, say, Caustic Bolt without metamagics.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Community Member

Default gonna crash?

Downloading the update for my Mac now. My takeaway, from Cordovan's note, though is that I am not going to be able to log on.

Community Member

Yup

Who knows, maybe a temporary fix for Audiance with the queen can make it too? Just set its cooldown to 1 second! Not like it has multiple uses.

No worries.

Community Member

Since your doing a hotfix, I also noticed that after the update when hirelings are dismissed the cooldown for resummoning seemingly doesn't matter as they can be recalled regardless of how much time is needed to wait.

Another minor bug: artificer's inscribe feat is now "inscribe alchemy recipe" in both name and description. I guess the feat was copy/pasted to the new class and text changed in both.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostJ View Post
    Since your doing a hotfix, I also noticed that after the update when hirelings are dismissed the cooldown for resummoning seemingly doesn't matter as they can be recalled regardless of how much time is needed to wait.
    This is a good thing, don't "Hotfix" this. Hirelings need a reason to be hired
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

I don't know if it's a bug but I've noticed that the Filigrees "Darkhallow" don't heal for every attack, but one every second if you continue to attack, unlike what's there written:

4 Pieces: Your weapon attacks heal you for 1d6 Negative Damage on hit. This damage scales with Negative Spell Power.

I'm pretty sure it worked before

Community Member

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, August 14th for a hotfix. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you back in the game soon.

Notes: This hotfix will address an issue with the non-WINE version of the Mac client, correct an issue where Pale Master active attacks are not doing the appropriate amount of negative damage, correct scaling on Draconic Hunger, and correct an issue where Animated Allies were not able to rest to remove their zombie form.
    Wow again change the time sometimes so its not the same people who get put out with all these hotfixes and updates you have been having lately.

Hello all, Mac&cheese here. we have found a issue that prevents us from using the build we are working on for the hotfix. we are going to work on fixing it and we will let you know when we know that a downtime is coming next. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

- M&C

Community Member

FYI, another thing that doesnt seem to be working is the Swords to Plowshares feat with quarterstaff. Looks like theres no change to the critical threat range with my quarterstaffs. A morale bonus should stack with everything else, no? And yes, I have enough Monk levels (6), and put the ap's into the Hereshin tree.
    You nerfed the Elemental Bloom (I dont know why, quarterstaffs are probably the least dps of all weapons), and now its critting on a 19-20 (no improved critical feat yet), and other named staffs have the same crit range as before. The Swords feat is listed on the character sheet but apparently not working.
    Last edited by Strider1963; 08-14-2019 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MacnCheese View Post
    Hello all, Mac&cheese here. we have found a issue that prevents us from using the build we are working on for the hotfix. we are going to work on fixing it and we will let you know when we know that a downtime is coming next. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

- M&C
    Thank you M&C and congratulations on the first informative post!
    Does this mean the down time set for Wednesday, August 14th 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern will be delayed?
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast