Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 104
  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,260

    Default

    TOKENS OF THE TWELVE.

    Add more quests that drop these, thank you.
    Danskerne
    Et dansktalende guild på Ghallanda. Send PM, hvis du er interesseret.

  2. #42
    Community Member Ykt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    July 2009
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Reaper Experience now uses the same over and under level XP penalties as regular XP, which is based off of the modified level of the quest.

    ?To clarify, a level 14 character running a level 12 dungeon on Reaper (which would have a modified quest level of 14) will now receive full Reaper Experience.
    Finally! I've been waiting for this for years! It should have been done from the start, but whatever ...

  3. #43
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SemanticMirage View Post
    It still seems like first time reaper xp is taking a sizeable nerf this patch, were going from 120 (first time) + 20 (Daily) = 140 to 95 + 30 =125 so a 15% nerf... is this intended? Or am I missing something
    Yes, you are missing something. We are going from 120 (first time) + 50+30 (BB) +20 (daily) = 220 to 95 (first time) + 100 (BB) + 25/30 (daily for heroic/epic) = 220/225 so no change for heroic and a 5% increase in epic.

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger1234 View Post
    Does this mean that the Normal and Hard bonus will be the same?
    Yes. Normal will get 5% more from daily playthrough bonus (so it will be the same experience) and Hard will get 15% more from BB and 5% more from daily playthrough so it also will be the same experience. All 4 difficulties will be the same experience for heroic and will have a 5% increase for epic.

  5. #45
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    My opinion is it is intentional.

    They have repeatedly stated that they want players to "play a wider variety of quests (paraphrased, not sure that is an exact quote)." Best way to do that is nerf XP gained.

    Worse,

    Every quest that they increased are not played in Heroic Leveling. Heck, I run many of these only for 5k or Saga and not for the XP they reward. I will admit that I save House P Carnival Chain for Epic's now simply because I can.

    So who does this help and who does this adversely effect?
    This helps them,SSG, sell more XP Tomes and Potions. It helps them sell more adventure packs. Some players may elect to go VIP because of the XP nerf. It helps those players who refuse to take a level until they have ran every adventure at level for rXP.

    Who does it hurt? Basically EVERYONE else. People without an XP tome (usually alt's). F2P/Premium players get hit the hardest. People in the 20 to 30 range will become more scarce. Without the first time bonus Epic's are really going to be brutal for people who play on low population servers or prefer to solo.

    So, yeah this was intentional in my opinion.
    There is no actual decrease to experience (other than the 5 quests they directly decreased). First time bonus is being reduced in all difficulties but daily playthrough bonus and BB is being increased. The end result is that heroic experience is exactly the same on all difficulties. The only way anyone is going to get dinged is if they are running quests more than once (because you already got your BB the first time and the first time bonus for the remaining difficulties will not be as high as they once were). If you just run quests once and done (on any difficulty) you will see no loss of experience (and a 5% increase for epic experience).

  6. #46
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Yes, you are missing something. We are going from 120 (first time) + 50+30 (BB) +20 (daily) = 220 to 95 (first time) + 100 (BB) + 25/30 (daily for heroic/epic) = 220/225 so no change for heroic and a 5% increase in epic.
    In addition, you can now run it at 2 levels higher and still get full rXP. I generally solo heroics on R1 at base quest level+2, so I run a L7 quest on R1 when I am L9. Now I will get the same rXP as if I had been running them at L7, which is a decent amount more.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

  7. #47
    Community Member ChicagoChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Tuesday, August 13th to release Update 42.4. Click here for the Release Notes. Thank you for your patience and we will see you back in the game soon.

    New Epic Past Lives
    • Arcane Sphere: Ancient Knowledge
      • Arcane Past Life Stance: +3 MRR per stack of this past life.
      • Passive Bonus: +1% Absorption of Acid, Cold, Electric, and Fire damage per stack of this past life.
    Why wasn't this changed to a 5/10/15 MRR limit raise?

    Casters don't need more sources of MRR. Most that I've played run at MRR cap (robes=50) after level 15 or so. Most of the past lives are very useful in epic levels. This one won't be.
    Farog on Khyber

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    Why wasn't this changed to a 5/10/15 MRR limit raise?

    Casters don't need more sources of MRR. Most that I've played run at MRR cap (robes=50) after level 15 or so. Most of the past lives are very useful in epic levels. This one won't be.
    Because for game balance, we did not want to make it a 5/10/15 MRR limit raise.

    Not every Epic Past Life has to be equally good at all levels; that's part of why they are mutually-exclusive toggles. If it's not useful to you on a particular build or level range, and you have other Epic Past Lives, use those instead.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

  9. #49
    Hero apocaladle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Thanks! It's going to be a great time. I think these are probably our longest patch notes ever!

    I am personally most excited about the Public LFM levels change - after this patch, a player could conceivably turn on their public LFM and enter dungeons at their effective level on Reaper/elite and never have to touch a thing to keep it updated and within BB range. I think it'll encourage a lot more use of the feature, where previously a player would need to constantly fight with the auto-level adjustment. This, coupled with the change to reaper overlevel, would mean that a player at level 15 could just run every level 13 dungeon on elite/reaper with an open LFM and have an automatically adjusted LFM that perfectly matched the level range they were looking for



    Argh, yep. You're correct. I'll try to get these updated asap!
    I think the slavers crafting discount is fantastic catch up mechanic fpt newer players/alts

    If you guys could do that across the board over the long term I think that would be fantastic.

    Eg.
    Bleeding edge items: long grind (filigree, sharn items, schism, latest raid upgrades)

    semi old items: medium grind (legendary greensteel, hox armor)

    old items: short grind (slavers, toee, thunderforged, challenge gear, alchemical)

  10. #50
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Obviously this thought comes a bit late with the patch currently loading on my computer, but I wanted to share anyway, in the hopes you might consider it as an option going forward.

    One of the things that causes me to run quest chains is a good reward at the end for completing the entire story. So, for example, the Sharn chain has a lovely story arc that brings us all over the city, and ultimately ends with the end of the big bad we have been chasing all along. And then, when I'm all done, I can go up to the guy in the bar, and I have a chance at a few significant rewards for my effort - a chunk of XP, maybe an artifact, and hard-to-make crafting materials.

    There are so many great quest chains in the game, but not all of them offer a good end reward for playing through the story. I'm thinking of the Tethemyr (sp) mine quests, as an example. There's good loot in the quests, but the quests are rough, and it would be cool to have a saga reward at the end, so you knew that playing through those tough quests would have a satisfactory reward, even if you got skunked out on the chests. And more XP is always nice, and always feels like a worth while endeavor.

    Ravenloft, the Eveningstar quests, Sharn - they get this. And I think other things could be linked, as well. For example, STK and Waterworks are linked by narrative, and would make a perfect early-career saga to run. The Missing quest line, as well, could do with a chance at some of the fun loot as an end reward, or an XP bonus.

    If I know there's some sort of assured reward for running a quest chain, I'm a lot more likely to play through the content.

  11. #51
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,632

    Default

    just got this. *I know, I'm impatient and tried too early*




  12. #52
    Community Member gorocz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    18

    Question Heroic Devil Assault

    I would love to know, if there was some thought on how is this all gonna affect Heroic DA. I know that nerfing rerunning Epic DA was one of the reasons why this was even implemented, but Heroic DA is ran at level 6, then at level 12 and then at level 18 (which I do not feel is against the philoshopy of this update and in fact is treated as one of the features of the adventure pack the quest is in), but since there is no BB in it, running it on Hard or Elite will net effectively much lower XP (45% bonus instead of 60% on Hard and 70% instead of 100% on Elite) and running it on 2 or all 3 of these levels will lose even more (due to optionals making up a majority of the quest xp).
    Orien - Gorrue - Current Life: Inquisitive Rogue/Arti

  13. #53
    Community Member Potatofasf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brazil, RJ
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post
    Obviously this thought comes a bit late with the patch currently loading on my computer, but I wanted to share anyway, in the hopes you might consider it as an option going forward.

    One of the things that causes me to run quest chains is a good reward at the end for completing the entire story. So, for example, the Sharn chain has a lovely story arc that brings us all over the city, and ultimately ends with the end of the big bad we have been chasing all along. And then, when I'm all done, I can go up to the guy in the bar, and I have a chance at a few significant rewards for my effort - a chunk of XP, maybe an artifact, and hard-to-make crafting materials.

    There are so many great quest chains in the game, but not all of them offer a good end reward for playing through the story. I'm thinking of the Tethemyr (sp) mine quests, as an example. There's good loot in the quests, but the quests are rough, and it would be cool to have a saga reward at the end, so you knew that playing through those tough quests would have a satisfactory reward, even if you got skunked out on the chests. And more XP is always nice, and always feels like a worth while endeavor.

    Ravenloft, the Eveningstar quests, Sharn - they get this. And I think other things could be linked, as well. For example, STK and Waterworks are linked by narrative, and would make a perfect early-career saga to run. The Missing quest line, as well, could do with a chance at some of the fun loot as an end reward, or an XP bonus.

    If I know there's some sort of assured reward for running a quest chain, I'm a lot more likely to play through the content.
    So many good ideias in the forum! I was thinking on that Waterworks - STK link to propose an early Saga to introduce new players to it... but STK isn't F2P... and for the long time it was released it would be turned into a F2P pack.
    No Signature...

  14. #54
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    just got this. *I know, I'm impatient and tried too early*

    I'm getting this too.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  15. #55
    Community Member Razor_Wit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    436

    Default G-Land is up. Hllllllllike a glove.

    I'm in.
    "Unexplained noises are best left unexplained."
    -John Bellairs-

  16. #56
    Community Member minorpenthes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Berlin, in decadence...
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor_Wit View Post
    I'm in.
    Yep.

  17. #57
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    11

    Default Game Crashes for Mac, just like in U42.3

    Maybe I am jumping the gun trying to get into the server too early, but it's crashing every time for me when the character selection screen normally would pop up, just as it did on the last patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieter-Bas View Post
    Ehm. Since this patch, the game crashes in loading screen (after logging in to any server)...
    Info: Macbook Pro 2013 with MacOS High Sierra...

    Please fix!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevans View Post
    [mac crashes on loading screen after clicking play on any server, etc etc]

    [Cocomajobo says they are looking into it]

    Thank you for looking into it so soon. I am having the same issue and figured providing my system info wouldn't hurt:
    I am running the native mac client, not using wine.
    OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6
    Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR2
    Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

    Again thank you for looking into it so soon, and I hope it's not too hard to fix the issue!

  18. #58
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default Mac getting the same issue as last update

    Unable to get past in game patching on Mac once again :/

  19. #59
    Community Member Potatofasf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brazil, RJ
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevans View Post
    Maybe I am jumping the gun trying to get into the server too early, but it's crashing every time for me when the character selection screen normally would pop up, just as it did on the last patch.
    I closed my client three time before it went through.
    Close it and let it download every splash screen they can.
    No Signature...

  20. #60
    Community Member Miahoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    The servers are up!
    Server: Cannith
    Mains: Miahoo, Miahoorog, Miahoohealer, Miahoohjeal, Miahoopuke

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload