Default Hardcore Server, Unanswered Questions

I can't seem to find the answers to my questions in the Hardcore Test Thread. Granted, I did not read every post. So here goes!

1.) About character(s): As far as I can tell, you can roll more than one character at a time on the Hardcore Server. Is this true? (I only had time to play one guy for the test.)

2.) About Shared Bank Space: What happens to the items in shared storage when you die? Collectibles, for example, or anything you might have placed in your stored bank. Do these items vanish with your dead character? Or do they stick around as long as you have a "back-up" character that can access shared storage?

3.) About Rewards: Let's say you earn a favor reward or a reaper reward and you decide you have enough time left to do a heroic TR. You lose all that favor but will you lose the favor reward that comes with it?
    On that note, you might also lose your place on the board. Do the rewards you earn automatically show up other places, like on your character on the live server, for example? Or do the rewards you earn stay with that Hardcore League character when you port it to another server after the event?

Thanks for the help and insight!

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Lessah View Post
    1.) About character(s): As far as I can tell, you can roll more than one character at a time on the Hardcore Server. Is this true? (I only had time to play one guy for the test.)
    Correct - you may play as many or as few characters as you'd like for the Hardcore League. When a character dies, that character's run is over, and they are taken to the world between worlds and are unable to participate further in the Hardcore League. Their place on the leaderboard is lost, and all the items on them will remain with them. You may delete them if you'd like to free up space, which will delete everything on their person (just like on a regular server).

At the end of the Hardcore League, we will be providing free Character Transfers to everyone - alive or otherwise.

2.) About Shared Bank Space: What happens to the items in shared storage when you die? Collectibles, for example, or anything you might have placed in your stored bank. Do these items vanish with your dead character? Or do they stick around as long as you have a "back-up" character that can access shared storage?
    Items that are placed in your Shared Bank are separate from an individual character's inventory, and even if the character who placed the item in storage dies, those items will remain accessible. Please note that there is no Shared Bank in the Nether Realm, so plan accordingly.

3.) About Rewards: Let's say you earn a favor reward or a reaper reward and you decide you have enough time left to do a heroic TR. You lose all that favor but will you lose the favor reward that comes with it?
    On that note, you might also lose your place on the board. Do the rewards you earn automatically show up other places, like on your character on the live server, for example? Or do the rewards you earn stay with that Hardcore League character when you port it to another server after the event?
    When you earn a reward Milestone and speak to Mortality (the NPC that will grant you rewards) that reward has been earned for your account. You may then reincarnate, delete, and even die on that character - once that Milestone is earned, it's yours.

That being said, characters on the leaderboards who die will lose that place on the leaderboard. If you would like to Reincarnate in a way that would reset your Favor, keep in mind that this reset to 0 Favor will likely push you off of the leaderboard.

The Milestones and their rewards are Bound to your Account - all characters on your account will be able to access the rewards from the Milestones that you have achieved. Even if the character that has achieved a Milestone is lost, your Account will know what you've accomplished.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

4) At the end, will your character(s) get "free" transfers to other servers or will they just be wiped? If wiped how are the rewards transferred? (Sorry if this has been asked/answered somewhere else.)

Cheers.

Default Yay!

What's this?
    All my questions answered in a timely manner and thoroughly? Service and Satisfaction?! What kind of forums are you running here?

On that note, THANK YOU! It sounds like if someone has a high-level character that dies and they want that character ported to a live server post-event, they can leave it on the character selection screen at login and move it once the event ends. That's win/ win. Also... all your rewards are belong to me. Maybe. Reaper worries me a little. We'll see.

Good luck everyone! Hope to see you out there!

What's this?
    All my questions answered in a timely manner and thoroughly? Service and Satisfaction?! What kind of forums are you running here?

On that note, THANK YOU! It sounds like if someone has a high-level character that dies and they want that character ported to a live server post-event, they can leave it on the character selection screen at login and move it once the event ends. That's win/ win. Also... all your rewards are belong to me. Maybe. Reaper worries me a little. We'll see.

Good luck everyone! Hope to see you out there!
    So after the event is over... does this mean each character on the Event Server can be transferred to a new server for FREE? Or do you have to pay the standard transfer fee (2,495 DDO Points?) to transfer each character? If you spend a few weeks/months (90 days+/-) building and leveling a character it might be nice to know if could keep 1 or 2 for FREE.

Cheers.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by TorkRaider View Post
    So after the event is over... does this mean each character on the Event Server can be transferred to a new server for FREE? Or do you have to pay the standard transfer fee (2,495 DDO Points?) to transfer each character? If you spend a few weeks/months (90 days+/-) building and leveling a character it might be nice to know if could keep 1 or 2 for FREE.

Cheers.
    Lynn's post above does say the character transfers are free at the end of the league. There has been no mention of any limit to the number of character you can transfer for free. It seems it's only limited to the number of open character slots you have on your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    At the end of the Hardcore League, we will be providing free Character Transfers to everyone - alive or otherwise.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    When you earn a reward Milestone and speak to Mortality (the NPC that will grant you rewards) that reward has been earned for your account.
    Does this mean you have to speak to Mortality to get the reward? If you fail to do so before you die is it lost?

I didn't get to die so I don't know if there is a Mortality in the nether realm to speak to when you die and claim the reward at that point?
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

My bad. After removing my fast skimmers and putting on my slow readers, I clearly see where Lynnabel says character transfers are free.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Does this mean you have to speak to Mortality to get the reward? If you fail to do so before you die is it lost?

I didn't get to die so I don't know if there is a Mortality in the nether realm to speak to when you die and claim the reward at that point?
    There is some Mortality spirit in the realm of the dead. He didn't offer me any options. My guess is that server transfer will be on your primary load screen like it is now -- and transferring off of Hardcore will have that option even for dead toons that have not been deleted.

Community Member

I don't think character name has been brought up, pardon me if it has. What happens if a character i wish to transfer has a name thats already taken on the server i wish to tranfer to? Would a feee name change be provided?

Quote Originally Posted by Zergharder View Post
    I don't think character name has been brought up, pardon me if it has. What happens if a character i wish to transfer has a name thats already taken on the server i wish to tranfer to? Would a feee name change be provided?
    From what I understand if you the server already has the name it might be tagged with a 1 or HC for hardcore Like Plasma1 or Brutushc. Then you would have to pay for name change if you don't want that as normal.

My understanding is that at the end of 90 days, dead characters can still be transferred to a regular server with whatever possessions they had at a time. Does that include things in their character bank? (NOT shared bank)
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Default speaking of transfers

so say I have 3 characters to transfer at the end ( just for numbers -2 dead 1 alive).
    will I be able to transfer them separately to different servers ?
    something like this, dead character one to Orien, Dead character two to Thelanis, alive character one to Argonnessen, and will the highest milestone accomplished follow each ?

I get confused when some say ACCOUNT, but they mean Server
    I know on live, for example - if I unlock Drow on Cannith, it's not unlocked Khyber, I still have to play to the milestone on Khyber, to unlock on Khyber, so Milestones seem Server locked

or will it just be only one server to send all three ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Yes. (Altho' not so much "lost" as simply never gained in the first place.)

It's exactly like Favor/Total Favor rewards - if you never speak to the Patron, you never get the reward. But once you do speak w/ them, it's yours/your account's, regardless what later happens to that alt.

So don't be that player who reaches a reward threshold and runs "just one more quest" and dies, and can only whine about it - talk to Mortality asap, lock in your reward, then enjoy.

GL!