Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Open hardcore event guild

I'm going to be out of town (mostly) for the first week of the event, but I'm hoping somebody creates an open guild that anyone can join (I certainly will if nobody else does), this seems like a logical thing for a 90-day event like this, if we can get the guild to L60 the elemental buffs would be really nice to have. I'm more than happy to throw in some astral shards for a ship and holdroom buffs. I think everyone should be an officer by default so that people can get guild invites quickly from whoever is online. Has anyone else been thinking about something like this?
    Last edited by Sarkastik; 08-11-2019 at 04:54 PM.

I was intending to either start a guild open to anyone or everyone as soon as I got the HC Server (hopefully day one). I have a personal guild on Khyber but it doesn't make sense to create a one person guild just for this event so I'd just as happy join some else's.

Cheers.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Been thinking that way also, a guild would be very nice.

However, with dead characters hitting the nether reach, it would be prudent to delete guild toons that you do not plan on transferring out of the Hardcore Server when the 90 days are done. That would prevent the guild filling up (yes there is a guild toon limit). If you are going to transfer, it would be prudent to boot your nether toon when you rejoin said guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post

However, with dead characters hitting the nether reach, it would be prudent to delete guild toons that you do not plan on transferring out of the Hardcore Server when the 90 days are done. That would prevent the guild filling up (yes there is a guild toon limit). If you are going to transfer, it would be prudent to boot your nether toon when you rejoin said guild.
    My thoughts exactly.

Furthermore, my idea would be:

1) To create a placeholder character as Guild leader so as not to risk the leader's death.
    2) Have enough officers that recruiting/inviting is shared.
    3) Routinely clear out the dead (queue the appropriate Monty Python clip).

I have no ego in this so if someone else does it first (and I can join) I'm just as happy.

Cheers.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by TorkRaider View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Furthermore, my idea would be:

1) To create a placeholder character as Guild leader so as not to risk the leader's death.

I have no ego in this so if someone else does it first (and I can join) I'm just as happy.

Cheers.
    Sounds good.

I would recommend naming the guild a combination of one/unified/unity/all for one & buffs a plenty/all welcome

So maybe something like: "Unified Buffs" meaning its acknowledging many good players are arriving from all worlds and everyone needs and wants guild buffs.

Or "First Buff guild" or "Ship Buffs"

Anyone not wanting guild chat drama should simply delete that channel.
    Extreme behavior could be dealt with via community guideline reporting.
    Although any offenders are likely to die before being dealt with...

Sounds good.

I would recommend naming the guild a combination of one/unified/unity/all for one & buffs a plenty/all welcome

So maybe something like: "Unified Buffs" meaning its acknowledging many good players are arriving from all worlds and everyone needs and wants guild buffs.

I was thinking VIP FREE Guild but I love your suggestions as well.

Cheers.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I was thinking VIP FREE Guild but I love your suggestions as well.

Cheers.
    How about "Free Buffs" as that is the essence of what we are creating the guild for anyway?

I would be willing to toss a few astral shards towards an airship.

Agreed on all three points. I hope someone is willing to step forward and take leadership, with only 90 days to play, the sooner we have a reliable core guild, the better. If anyone is willing to take on the mantle, please speak up.

Sounds good.

When I posted this I was originally thinking that something like "Open Guild for All" would be a great (i.e. obvious) name, but really it doesn't matter, whatever the name is, if it will end up being communicated, the critical thing is will someone commit now to leading the guild, and if so, what will you name it?

Yes if you're dead, you're out of the guild, this is going to be the biggest burden on the guild leader I think, just going through every day and deleting the fallen. There's no point I can see to keeping dead characters. I don't see why it would affect the ability of a dead character to transfer to another server.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkastik View Post
    Yes if you're dead, you're out of the guild, this is going to be the biggest burden on the guild leader I think, just going through every day and deleting the fallen. There's no point I can see to keeping dead characters. I don't see why it would affect the ability of a dead character to transfer to another server.
    How will one know who the fallen are?

Looks like only a leader can delete officers, but officers can delete members.

Yes, the fallen will never be able to log back in.
    Would be nice if the programmers had a way to boot the fallen automatically from a guild but that might be asking too much.

So if a player had two toons, making the safe toon the officer might work well.

I will likely push my main first (probably Fawngate I) thru the grotto, quickly followed by my safe toon (probably Recruiter if still available).
    Since I am not going to be in a big rush to level up, I could do the leader thing, but if someone else starts it first that is fine.

Looking at ddo wiki for amount of letters for guild name...I like "open guild for all" as a nice name.

and what happens when the leader dies?

Looks like only a leader can delete officers, but officers can delete members.

Yes, the fallen will never be able to log back in.
    Would be nice if the programmers had a way to boot the fallen automatically from a guild but that might be asking too much.

So if a player had two toons, making the safe toon the officer might work well.

I will likely push my main first (probably Fawngate I) thru the grotto, quickly followed by my safe toon (probably Recruiter if still available).
    Since I am not going to be in a big rush to level up, I could do the leader thing, but if someone else starts it first that is fine.

Looking at ddo wiki for amount of letters for guild name...I like "open guild for all" as a nice name.
    I’m fine with “open guild for all” and I’m willing to add some AS to the pile to get a better ship up front.

I believe the Guild member/character limit is approximately 1000. So after this is reached, the leaders could discuss removing stagnant players (not logged in for 10-20 days? Otherwise the daily Guild announcement could ask: “Be kind, rewind. Please delete your fallen to make room for new characters.”

I believe most at people will help out if asked. And if not we can do some housekeeping.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    It’s been proposed above that the Leader be a non playing character, like a bank toon, that stays somewhere safe and is not a competitor.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    This is the reason for TorkRaider's point #1, above. The guild leader should be a placeholder character that doesn't play, so as not to risk death. Even so, it's not that big of a deal, when you die you go to a special area where you can still interact with the "Mortality" vendor. As guild leader, you can assign a successor and leave the guild at that point, so as to pass on leadership to another character. I did precisely this when playing on Lam.
    Last edited by Sarkastik; 08-12-2019 at 09:46 AM.

All characters who die are instantly teleported to a special area where the only thing you can do is interact with the "Mortality" vendor. I forget the actual name of the area, but it's unmistakeable, so you'll be able to tell who's died just by looking at their location in the guild list.

Yes, the fallen will never be able to log back in
    No this isn't true, even characters who've died can log back in, since they'll just be locked into the "death" area with the mortality vendor. At least this is the way is was on Lam when I played.

That would be awesome! I'd do it myself, but since I'll be away most of the first week, that doesn't make sense.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Ok, I will get up early on the morning of the 16th and push my main thru the grotto, quickly followed by Recruiter who will start the guild
    "open guild for all"

Recruiter has season pass access and thus will be able to make gold rolls daily.
    Recruiter will never actually enter a dungeon or slaying area therefore she will last the entire 90 days without dying.

Recruiter will go to the DDO store and get some astral shards to start towards the first airship.
    (Please check before donating shards to make sure thus are needed).

Recruiter will be able to mail guild invites due to gold roll plat.

Since the limit is 1000 as mentioned above it might be good to leave fallen members temporary and ask players to police their own fallen.

Recruiter will be available most of the first weekend to get the guild up and running as well as

Fawngate will be the first officer followed by many more, if you cannot find Recruiter, look for Fawngate.
    As mentioned, we should promote heavily as the fallen toll will be significant.

Those wanting effort by me to get your toons into the guild early, please post your first and second toon's possibly name along with possible initial log in dates in this thread below.

Looking for a successor to appoint as well.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkastik View Post
    All characters who die are instantly teleported to a special area where the only thing you can do is interact with the "Mortality" vendor. I forget the actual name of the area, but it's unmistakeable, so you'll be able to tell who's died just by looking at their location in the guild list.
    Sweet, good to know.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I’m fine with “open guild for all” and I’m willing to add some AS to the pile to get a better ship up front.

I believe the Guild member/character limit is approximately 1000. So after this is reached, the leaders could discuss removing stagnant players (not logged in for 10-20 days? Otherwise the daily Guild announcement could ask: “Be kind, rewind. Please delete your fallen to make room for new characters.”

I believe most at people will help out if asked. And if not we can do some housekeeping.

Cheers.
    Well said.

If you would like to be successor, let me know of which safety toon of yours to promote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast