Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default What quest do you just hate.

I was talking with a friend and she said she hated******. I love that quest we talked about it and she couldn't come up with a reason.

So I was wondering what quests you hate for no apparent reason or for something small. I didn't name the quest because I didn't want to sway anyone who replies. Also if you reply please do so before reading any other posts that may be made here.

All of Orchard I and II. Won't run em, I don't care.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

What goes Up.

The endfight sends me into fits of screaming rage.

Hiding in plain sight as well.
    Last edited by Phoenicis; 08-10-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Community Member

I struggle to think of a quest I hate. They all only get done once per life and I get 5000+ favor every time so none of them come up often enough to really hate them. When I think of the quests I am most likely to dread it is about trying to get a party together for them (and thus would be the less solo-friendly ones). Defending Coyle for 15 minutes is rather dull, but I wouldn't say I hate it. Some of the raids can be stressful, but I don't particularly hate them either. I'll let you know if I think of anything, but I would like to see your friend's suggestion. It would be easier to think of an answer to this question if some quest names were mentioned to remind me they exist.

If we have to kill more than 200 mobs... is on my list the quests I hate!
    No Signature...

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Every single one of the Madness of Crowds chain. Especially the final quest in that chain.

The weapons it drops are great, but Good Lord, the quests are annoying. "Hey, let's make a maze where you don't have a map and we'll make the computer generated (I'm assuming since it seems to change) path weird enough in it that you can't even do the minotaur maze 'right hand path' thing to get through it."

**** no.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Madstone, too long and waiting on those silly giants to dance for 3 minutes is really annoying, even if my group splits up. We typically run GH on reaper 4-5, but run madstone on 1 just to get it done. If i am doing a 1-30 life, in epic we will skip it and its great xp, just because we can. I run it just to get to Tor and the Saga.

The Spinner of Shadows because of all of the really long NPC dialogues that you've heard a ton of times and you can't skip ahead through.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

amber. sunrise. cause sthrad just wont shut up
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Level 2: Misery's Peak, The Smuggler's Warehouse
    I hate hunting for the randomly dropping gems in The Smuggler's Warehouse, and I can't really say why I hate MP, I guess I've just run it too many times.

Level 3: Kobold Assault
    I hate quests where you have to kill X number of creatures, especially if it takes forever for the Kobolds to appear like in KA. If only there was a Kobold lure or something that you could drop and spawn the kobolds faster. This used to be a fun quest, back in the day, when it actually lived up to it's extreme challenge warning.

Level 4: Irestone Inlet
    Hate the strength sapping ray the casters spam at you.

Level 5: All of Necropolis, part 1
    Especially the one where you have to find the randomly placed runes (Crimson Heart).

Level 6: Gladewatch Outpost
    This quest takes 17 minutes to complete and awards very little XP.

Level 7: Temple of Elemental Evil, part 2
    The first part is ok, you can complete it fairly quickly, but the 2nd part is just a massive slog with a ridiculously difficult boss battle at the end. Nobody wants to run this and I can't ever seem to solo the boss, so it's always just a lot of wasted effort.

Level 8: All of Slave Lords
    Even with a group of vets, the first part alone took us an hour (no trapper) and we died more than 20 times. This quest should be base level 11.

Level 9: Ruins of Threnal
    Getting a group for these quests is almost as painful as soloing them. I avoid them unless I need a specific item from the end rewards.

Level 10: Literally all of them

Level 11: Tomb of the Tormented
    Do I even need to explain why? The amount of XP awarded for this is massive, yeah, but it's just not worth the frustration.

Level 12: Invaders!
    I have a love/hate relationship with this one, with the right group it can be fun, but that happens once in a blue moon. Not fun getting sniped by a champion mob that suddenly spawned behind you.

Level 13: The Archon's Trial
    I hate backtracking, I hate quests with "you must kill these mobs to advance" mechanic and I hate mobs that spawn out of thin air. This one has all three.

Level 14: Inferno of the Damned
    Aka Inferno of the Red Dungeon Alert.

Level 15: Creeping Death
    Because a creature barely touching your toes resulting in instant death is so much fun.

Level 16: Let Sleeping Dust Lie & Through a Mirror Darkly
    There is always that one guy in every group, who just can't help but to use AoE attacks/spells around the spiders. I hate clicking on that mirror, over and over again.

Level 17: I mostly skip these, so I don't know, Good Intentions?
    Too many constructs.

Level 18: In the Demon's Den
    The party killer. Both literally and figuratively.

Level 19: Lines of Supply
    This quest is a nightmare to solo, unless you have obscene amounts of ranged dps or reliable CC.

Level 20: The Dreaming Dark
    I've farmed this one quest so many times for Ioun stones, that I never want to run it ever again.
    Last edited by Drecas; 08-10-2019 at 01:56 PM.

I don't hate any quests . . .

Unless I'm doing them with a mediocre group. Then I hate all quests.

There are a couple of quests that regularly **** me off, though.

Community Member

The Pit. Any platformer is annoying (eg Undermine, the end fight of the one in like the Asian dojo with the respawning beholder) but this is by far the worst

Ghosts of Perdition and Fleshmaker. Arbitrarily hard to solo.

Monastery of the Scorpion, impossible last fight for most builds.

Crucible - just the maze, and having to bang your head against the wall with hirelings

Wrath of the Earth - framerate

Memoirs - loooooading

Ritual Sacrifice - protect the zerging NPC

Quote Originally Posted by CritacleFailure View Post
    Madstone, too long and waiting on those silly giants to dance for 3 minutes is really annoying, even if my group splits up.
    Yup, they need to trim those down to 60 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    The Spinner of Shadows because of all of the really long NPC dialogues that you've heard a ton of times and you can't skip ahead through.
    Seconded. Same applies to Beyond the Rift and the interminable Elminster intro.

Also Spinner has you running back and forth a lot, which is never fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Drecas View Post
    Level 11: Tomb of the Tormented
    Do I even need to explain why? The amount of XP awarded for this is massive, yeah, but it's just not worth the frustration.

Level 20: The Dreaming Dark
    I've farmed this one quest so much for Ioun stones that I never want to run it ever again.
    Tormented is awful without splash damage to cheese it.

DD's end fight is awful too. CHA damage is such an annoying mechanic, especially a purple-named boss with adds on a non-raid quest.

Community Member

Personally tear. I love the quest but the act of having to sell the shards one at a time just makes me want to hit someone. Even if I could just vendor them for 1 copper it would be better.

Community Member

That's easy. Without doubt the "Ruins of Gianthold". This is not actually a quest but a slayer area. To clarify, I dont hate the area per se... only the relatively recent addition of Mr Mopey (aka The Storm Reaver narrative). Christ, go drown yourself in a pool of lava or something. Can someone get that guy a barrel of Paroxetine? He doesnt even shut up once you enter a quest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hinton View Post
    Personally tear. I love the quest but the act of having to sell the shards one at a time just makes me want to hit someone. Even if I could just vendor them for 1 copper it would be better.
    I just toss those things out of my pack, like they were grandma's lemon pound cake out my car window on the ride home.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tinyelvis View Post
    I just toss those things out of my pack, like they were grandma's lemon pound cake out my car window on the ride home.
    Still ****es me off no reason for them not to either auto sell when you turn in the quest or be vendible
    Or even made into a collectable so they would go in a bag.
    This thread wasn't intended for rational dislikes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tinyelvis View Post
    That's easy. Without doubt the "Ruins of Gianthold". This is not actually a quest but a slayer area. To clarify, I dont hate the area per se... only the relatively recent addition of Mr Mopey (aka The Storm Reaver narrative). Christ, go drown yourself in a pool of lava or something. Can someone get that guy a barrel of Paroxetine? He doesnt even shut up once you enter a quest.
    Turn off DM narration. Odds are you can recite most of them by heart now anyway, right? You can turn it back on whenever you unlock a new pack or something, but in the meantime it saves a lot of annoyance

Just Business

I genuinely hated The Crucible. I've spent hours on it across countless tries and just can't get through it.

Almost any quest in The Vale is just not fun. Running With the Devils is okay, but that's about it for that pack.
    Build a man a fire and he is warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Under no circumstances will tomorrow's work "fix lag".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast