Unhappy Polished ore? What Polished ore?

I have spent hours upon hours grinding away looking for Polished ore to no avail. I've read the threads in the forums, tried all the suggestions, hit all the most likely quests ... and found nothing. (I've run the Wheloon Prison backpack marathon so much the NPC's wave to me as I pass by ...) I've talked to guildies, advertised to buy or barter in the trade channel, nothing. (One person gave me the only Polished ore she had because she doesn't craft.) It appears that Polished ore has become scarcer than hen's teeth in DDO.

So, other than being a waste of time grinding, (Well, okay. Not a total waste. I can use the other mats I find for the most part.) and irritating that I can't finish crafting a few items, what gives? I know it's a rare drop but I don't see the same significantly reduced drop rate on other mats that are "rare drops". Did Polished ore drops get nerfed during an update or other maintenance?

Cheers.
    Last edited by TheDarkTraveler; 08-09-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    “A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.” ~ Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkTraveler View Post
    I have spent hours upon hours grinding away looking for Polished ore to no avail. I've read the threads in the forums, tried all the suggestions, hit all the most likely quests ... and found nothing. I've talked to guildies, advertised to buy or barter in the trade channel, nothing. (Well, actually one person gave me the only one she had because she doesn't craft.) It appears that Polished ore has become scarcer than hen's teeth in DDO.

So, other than being a waste of time grinding, and irritating that I can't finish crafting a few items, what gives? I know it's a rare drop but I don't see the same significantly reduced drop rate on other mats that are "rare drops". Did Polished ore drops get nerfed during an update or other maintenance?

Cheers.
    I feel you!

I had a hard time finding Polished Ores... so, I started farming Gorgoyles. Their drop sack has Polished Ore in their tabledrop. Some quests are easy to find them are Lair of the Summoning and Ruined Halls F2P Lv. 5-6 in Kundarak.
    (Sarlona) ACTIVE TRleveling Valenttina (Warlock - Past Lifes Monk X3 / Ranger x3 / Rogue / Warlock x2 / Fighter)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkTraveler View Post
    I have spent hours upon hours grinding away looking for Polished ore to no avail. I've read the threads in the forums, tried all the suggestions, hit all the most likely quests ... and found nothing. (I've run the Wheloon Prison backpack marathon so much the NPC's wave to me as I pass by ...) I've talked to guildies, advertised to buy or barter in the trade channel, nothing. (One person gave me the only Polished ore she had because she doesn't craft.) It appears that Polished ore has become scarcer than hen's teeth in DDO.

So, other than being a waste of time grinding, (Well, okay. Not a total waste. I can use the other mats I find for the most part.) and irritating that I can't finish crafting a few items, what gives? I know it's a rare drop but I don't see the same significantly reduced drop rate on other mats that are "rare drops". Did Polished ore drops get nerfed during an update or other maintenance?

Cheers.
    Might also try posting a thread in your server's Markeplace sub-forum here on Forums. Different/wider audience than the limited chat channels in game.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Thanks for the suggestions. I did farm those quests but turned up nothing. It appears that for me at least, gargoyles drop Chipped Bone Talisman and Ivory Scorpion Icons. However, I'll keep trying.

I did take the suggestion and posted in the Khyber sub-forum. Some kind folks sent me the needed Polished ore. Now I can finish my crafting.

Cheers.
    “A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.” ~ Douglas Adams

The best resource for collectibles is this thread HERE

The relavent bit of info you need is thus:

Polished ores are Tier 4 cultural.

Unfortunately, all mobs are categorized as tier 1-3, so no mobs anywhere drop tier 4, 5 or 6 cultural in treasure bags. (Some high level mobs that should, like yuan-ti, don't appear to drop treasure bags at all.) So instead of treasure bags, farm tier 4-6 cultural with 'Any' dispensers: Adventurer's Packs and Rubble. Fortunately the devs seem to have planned for this, as packs & rubble appear to drop cultural around 40% of the time" ~EllisDee37

Quests that contain a decent number (or easily accessed/farmable) T4 Any nodes are: Tavern Bral HE, Madstone Crater HE, A Cabal For One HE, The Prisoner EC, Fleshmaker's Lab HE, the Lords of Dust EC, Desecrated Temple of Vol HE, Mask of Deception HN, Terminal Delirium HC

(and yes, the quest difficulty does make a difference)

Good luck!