Nonviolence from Argo here again! Got a suggestion for ya'll.

-

The altered form loot from Killing Time was a really cool and well-implemented idea in my opinion, but many people who are on the TR Train don't bother to stay at Cap long enough to warrant farming one out, especially if they're F2P/TP Farming and generally don't spend on Raid Timers when focusing on being able to afford new Packs or Expansions.

I suggest a similar system could possibly used in Heroic for TR Toon loot, things you've farmed from previous lives and such. Essentially you could UPGRADE Old Loot with 'HEROIC ICONS of FATE' or some such nonsense that would drop in any Raid that can be played during a Heroic Life. If you accrue say, 1000 or 1250 ICONS, you could convert said loot into a more modern version of it with contemporary base stats and effects OR something that would be really cool, an option to CHANGE its base type (for weapons only of course).

-

I'm imagining taking something like the SOS becoming a Qstaff in Killing Time, and the Upgraded WPM Loot that adds Base Damage and Mythic when combined with the Sentient Gem and such, and making a simplified way to change Lowbie Loot into a type that you prefer to use based on your build.

I know a large number of swords that have effects I'd love to see on a Bow, Short Sword or Qstaff. And for weapons that are lacking in Variety (like Throwing Weapons, Regular Xbows now that we have inquisitive, Battleaxes, Longswords, and Warhammers).

-

Crafted Weapons would be exempt, as would Lootgen and Upgradable Weapons, but an example of this system would be:

From Delera's Graveyard

Serpentbranch (BOW) 1.25[1d8]+3 Pierce, Magic 20/x3 ML 6
Poison
Proof Against Poison
Purple Aug
Red Aug

+1250 ICONS becomes either

Serpentbranch (BOW) 1.50[1d8]+3 Pierce, Magic 19-20/x3 ML 6
Poison 2d6
Acid 2d6
Maladroit (DEX Damage)
Purple Aug
+Red Aug (4 Base Enchantments +1 Aug slot like new named loot)

or

Braced Serpentbranch (Light Xbow) 1.50[1d8]+3 Pierce, Magic 19-20/x3 ML 6
Poison 2d6
Acid 2d6
Maladroit (DEX Damage)
Purple Aug
+Red Aug (4 Base Enchantments +1 Aug slot like new named loot)

I feel like this could revive a lot of Old Loot for people who are on the TR train. What are your thoughts?