Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The DDO Chronicle: Issue 345

Thank you for reading the DDO Chronicle! Don't forget to reply below to the Chronicle Comment for your chance to win 500 DDO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, August 15th. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveyew View Post
    Tell me about your most favorite pirate adventure!
    This one time I downloaded every episode of Doctor Who...

Quote Originally Posted by The DDO Chronicle: Issue 345 View Post
    Tell me about your most favorite pirate adventure!
    It involved a lot of drinking, three leather belts, improvised crampons, a telephone pole, girls to impress, and ended with free cable.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

It starts with a farmboy and a beautiful girl named Buttercup.
    Then there's the Dread Pirate Roberts, a Giant, a Spaniard and an oft quoted Sicilian.
    You'd find it inconceivable but, as you wish.
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

There was this pirate named One-Eyed Willy who hid a treasure...
    Ghallanda: Tervail (solo player)

Default Tell me about your most favorite pirate adventure!

Some decades ago, in highschool, a friend and i "inherited" a 23', double-ended monterey fishing boat - that was kinda sinking.

(But not that big (that's about 30'), and not NEARLY so nice looking!)

We beached it on the bay next to some other boats, rigged up a 4x4 and mooring line so it looked legit like all the ones next to it, put updside-down trashcans in it to support it at high tide, and proceeded to start fixing it up. A week later it disappeared - so I called the Harbor Patrol to report our stolen boat! They said "We confiscated that piece of junk! It has about $500 in fines owed - who is this?!" <click>

Like all good stories, it starts with drinking and ends in drinking. No one remembers the middle on account of the drinking.
    Build a man a fire and he is warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    It involved a lot of drinking, three leather belts, improvised crampons, a telephone pole, girls to impress, and ended with free cable.
    Free cable for you, or for the three leather belted girls?

---------------

Pirate adventure....

Well, there WAS this one time at Pirate Camp where we , and, then.... But...

Naw. I better not.

...but if there HAD been a time at Pirate Camp, it would've been kinda like
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 08-08-2019 at 05:19 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

yarrrhhh!

Community Member

Aye, I remember we had a pretty experienced crew. Let's see...there was Blackbeard, Bluebeard, Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, Captain Hook, Anne Bonny, Long John Silver, Smee, and me.

We sailed the seven seas (all in one night!), discovered new lands, looted, pillaged, met lots of sassy lasses, and drank a few million barrels of rum.

Ahh, those were the days, matey!

Community Member

Squire Trelawney, Dr Livesey, and the rest of these gentlemen having asked me to write down the whole particulars about Treasure Island, from the beginning to the end, keeping nothing back but the bearings of the island, and that only because there is still treasure not yet lifted, I take up my pen in the year of grace 17-, and go back to the time when my father kept the Admiral Benbow inn, and the brown old seaman, with the sabre cut, first took up his lodging under our roof...

Community Member ideal_insomnia's Avatar

My favorite pirate adventure would be Dai Tozoku, known in my country as Samurai Pirate, a 1963 Japanese movie starring Toshiro Mifune. It's about a samurai who becomes a pirate, yep.

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Weekly Question

Well, you pretty much can't go wrong with any Errol Flynn adventure; and unlike some people, I actually liked "Cutthroat Island" (not that any of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies were bad, mind you). Of course, John Newton's role as "Long John Silver" in the Disney adaptation of "Treasure Island" (1950) is considered by many to be the quintessential portrayal of a pirate (and the model by which most people mimic 'pirate talk' [Arr, matey!]). And though technically not a "pirate adventure" per se, I must confess to being quite partial to "The Princess Bride" (so many quotable, um...quotes) so I think maybe I'll go with that one.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

The one in which the pirates come to my home and perform all of my household chores for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Free cable for you, or for the belted girls?
    For everybody, once I moved in with one of the three a few months later.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

I was wondering why the rum is always gone. Oh... That's why.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

It's Peter Pan. The one with Mary Martin as Peter.

It was Epic. The greatest pirate metal band of all time (Alestorm of course) could release a boxed set concept album around it that takes several discs to completely tell. Sadly I ain't been drinking enough to start telling the tale and sadly it involves too much drinking to remember it all well so yeah it's kinda like all the other Alestorm albums & songs. Just pick one and I suppose I could claim it as my own (Except the anchor song I ain't going anywhere near that one on these forums).
    Last edited by Scuddy; 08-08-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

It's one with all the booty!

Unfortunately the Statute of Limitations haven't expired on on my favorite pirate adventure. I can tell you that one time I took over a star ship cruise liner within nothing but a towel and some Romulus ale. It all began with a bet I made on Nimbus Three...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast